CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default One of my email accounts wont work.

my blackberry.att.net email address has always worked, but just recently I decided to put my gmail accounts on my device.

I added my secondary, lower volume account first with no problem.

Then I added my main gmail account, with no problem.

However, when my main account receives an email, it won't go to my device. My secondary gmail account gets email perfectly on my phone, just not my main one.

They were both setup the same way, I don't see what's wrong. Anyone have any ideas?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    10100-01000100-1100011101110-01000110

Did you set them up on the BIS site or just on your device? Have you tried resending your service books? Did you get an activation e-mail after you set the account up initially?

Chris
    Blacked out Bold w/ chrome buttons & red numbered keypad. Unbranded & Unlocked w/ OS v5.0.0.509
    |Hooked On Tronyx!|Optimize Your Browser|Proper OS Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures|
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Setup on the phone with the phones email setup app instead of the one that redirects you to the web browser

also tried on the BIS site, no luck.

Got the confirmation email, resent service books.

I just realized I can SEND emails through that address, I just don't receive them.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    10100-01000100-1100011101110-01000110

Quote Originally Posted by rnawky View Post
    Setup on the phone with the phones email setup app instead of the one that redirects you to the web browser

also tried on the BIS site, no luck.

Got the confirmation email, resent service books.

I just realized I can SEND emails through that address, I just don't receive them.
    Well, it is supposed to be Push e-mail, might wanna check your g-mail settings or even with gmail on that one.

Chris
    Blacked out Bold w/ chrome buttons & red numbered keypad. Unbranded & Unlocked w/ OS v5.0.0.509
    |Hooked On Tronyx!|Optimize Your Browser|Proper OS Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures|
    CrackBerry User

I have a similiar situation going on. I JUST checked and couldnt log into the BIS rogers site, so used the same userID and created it as if it were a new ID (even though it was the same as the first time I did it). It allowed me to add my hotmail, and local ISP email addy, but when I went to re-create the rogers.blackberry.net addy, it said it was already created. I tried emailing that old rogers.blackberry.net addy, and received this:

The following message to <XXXXXX@rogers.blackberry.net> was undeliverable.
    The reason for the problem:
    5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <XXXXXX@rogers.blackberry.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table'

I checked in the mail folder in the main menu of my Bold, and where my other two addys are there, my rogers.blackberry.net one isnt. However, in old emails that I have still on my phone, one of the ones I recieved at the XXXXXX@rogers.blackberry.net address was in there???

I also checked in my service books, and there is nothing in my service books. I called Rogers Tech Support and they created a ticket and escalated to Tier 2, who will get back to me hopefully in 48 hrs, but in the mean time, would it be a bad idea to resend the Service Books thru the Rogers BIS site?

Someone please help, and let me know if theres anything I can do. It just so happens that a resume that I sent out this afternoon had the rogers.blackberry.net as a correspondence email addy, and Im REALLY hopeful in hearing back from them (or was )
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

For what its worth, I found that the gmail labs feature "advanced IMAP" was what was causing the problem.
    Once I disabled it, I received email as normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Nope, don't have/use a gmail account