CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ok - Dumb Question. How is the Bold designed to go into the holster that comes with?

I know this is silly, but I want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong...

Does it go in screen first or keyboard first and screen out or screen in....

It has a groove in the back that looks like it's for the trackball, and the magnet seems to be behind the keyborad, so I'm thinking screen in, keyboard first, but I'm not sure....
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me and we'll see.. =)

I don't think there's a specific way, but that's the way I use mine so the screen stays covered

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

I used to put mine in screen out, keyboard first (the groove in the back is for the camera). I don't think there's a specific way to put it in. But mine was such a tight fit that I had to stretch it out a little first.
    CrackBerry Master

the groove is for the trackball
    screen in keyboard down is the only way the sleeper magnet will work properly - and not ruin your trackball

also makes it easier to remove from holster without touching the screen
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

The groove is actually for teh trackball. and there's not a slotted groove but there is a little hole for the trackball to sit in on th eother side...the new blackberry cases are made so you can face them in or face them out, totally up to you...personally i face mine in to protect the screen and the flap prtects the camera
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask ;)

hmm... that's strange.. my holster has both side grooved... so it doesn't matter how you put it, but to make a full use of the holster, the keyboard has to go in first for sleep mode...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,795 Global Posts

For mine it's obvious how it's supposed to go, because there is a circle the size of the trackball area in the front, and a long line indented in the back for the camera and all. I place it with the keyboard going in first, and the screen facing out.
    CrackBerry User

Screen in, keyboard down is how I've always done it. That's the way it seems to fit best.
    “I have the simplest taste. I am always satisfied with the best”
    - Oscar Wilde
    CrackBerry User

Like nah.uhh said. I put mine keyboard first, screen facing in. Any other way and the magnet does not work. I like it this way as it protect the screen if I ever bump into anything accidently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

It doesn't really matter other than keyboard down. It can face either way.
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry Abuser

i put my screen/keyboard facing out (side without the clip) and keyboard in first.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I do keyboard first, screen in. That way when I take it out, it's ready to be looked at. Screen out means the screen is facing the palm of your hand when you take it out.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

The new OEM holsters and pouches are designed so that they can go in screen in or screen out. If any of us remember the old blackberries they always slid into the holster one way, Screen in, so I would say most blackberry old skoolers are used to putting in that way
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Works just fine screen out and keyboard down for me!