Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default nuked Bold 9000 with dead battery?

I believe my phone is broken. However, it seems like many people have this same issue and it is a software problem. My battery (which I think is dead) does not power up the phone anymore. Before it stopped working I would have a 45 minute charge before it died. I understand that a working battery is required during the Connecting JVM. Could anyone give me some ideas besides just buying a new battery and fiddling around to see if I can wipe and reload the OS?

Thanks so much!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

just a followup, did some more searching ... I have the exact same problem as below with a torch 9800 and a bold 9000 ..

hello all
    my torch 9800 does not power up and shows red light only
    It just shows RED LIGHT for approx 30 secs , and keeps on doing that......

I tried updating via Blackberry Desktop Software , but after downloading all the modules , it got stuck on "Reconnecting to JVM"
    then it shows that device not found..retry or cancel...

is there any solution to this problem?

kindly post the solution for this problem..regards
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default nuked Bold 9000 with dead battery?

Sounds bricked, this isn't easily fixed by software because the computer can't access the JVM.

I will make some suggestions,

Given that the 9000 is a older device you shouldn't spend lot of money fixing it.

Try going to a mall kiosk which sells phone accessories and ask if they have a spare battery and try to see if it works.

Take off the battery cover, and tighten all 6 screws with a screw driver (you need a torx 5). Sometimes the screws get loose and the connections in between the plastic housing cant deliver power.

And if that doesn't work it is more than likely a motherboard issue

I know many people on here post insane fixes that require plugging it into and out of a computer, that doesn't work if the motherboard is gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just posted this in two threads hope this helps.... you do need the battery to take some sort of charge in order for any of this to work. Here is what I posted in the other threads based on my experience:

"Might be that the battery is toast and won't take a charge anymore as well. USB alone to a computer isn't enough juice to get it to start up and connect to the software."