Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. 25PSi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default No Visual Voicemail for OS 5 on ATT

    Hi all.

    I recently upgraded my Bold 9000 to OS 5.0.0.314 and all seems to be peachy and all. But... last night i noticed that i have no Visual voice mail. DOH! Anyone else experience something like that?

    It SEEMS to me that every time there any action associated with voicemail it tries to send me some data, as i am receiving funky TXT message i will post below, but its like it does not know what to do with it. There is no icon for the software either.

    Here is the message itself:

    from: 1000000000

    allntxacds08.attwireless.net:5400?f=0&v=420&m=4802 001004&p=Wl1TWFlUUA==&P=Wl1TWFlUUA==&S=C&s=5433&t= 4:4802001004:A:TACOMAAP66:ms03:client:2119
  2. terrie1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    34 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Running .314 also on Bold for about 2 months and the same thing with Visual VM.

    Not sure if there is a work around or if we just have to deal with it until the official OS comes out.
  3. 25PSi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    I really dig VVM. Maybe i should downgrade back to 4.6 to be able to run it, huh? What is really better in 5 on Bold then 4.6?
  4. katiepea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,209 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    maybe you guys should try reading the posts before installing, it's stated a few hundred times how to restore visual voicemail, and if you search for it, you will easily find instructions, you need to use the cod files from .238, just copy all the files with "VVM" over.
  5. Lion57's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    maybe you guys should try reading the posts before installing, it's stated a few hundred times how to restore visual voicemail, and if you search for it, you will easily find instructions, you need to use the cod files from .238, just copy all the files with "VVM" over.
    What a jackass
  6. creedub's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A44E2B
    #6  

    Default

    For real. If you're gonna come out and tell people what needs to be done you should also tell them HOW to do it. Because I was actually searching the forum last night and simply typed in visual voice mail and didn't get one result with a post that had visual voicemail in the title. Which is should be standard protocal when assisting someone in a specific task. Don't hate on the person. Hate on where their getting their info from and it's people like you who act like they know where to go. We wouldn't be asking questions if we didn't already try to figure it out ourselves. That's the whole point of a forum.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. katiepea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,209 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion57 View Post
    What a jackass
    yeah i'm so ******** for wanting people to use logic, nice first post clown.
  8. katiepea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,209 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creedub View Post
    For real. If you're gonna come out and tell people what needs to be done you should also tell them HOW to do it. Because I was actually searching the forum last night and simply typed in visual voice mail and didn't get one result with a post that had visual voicemail in the title. Which is should be standard protocal when assisting someone in a specific task. Don't hate on the person. Hate on where their getting their info from and it's people like you who act like they know where to go. We wouldn't be asking questions if we didn't already try to figure it out ourselves. That's the whole point of a forum.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    here buddy i'll do all the work for you Let me google that for you jesus grow up, people here are not your babysitters, and it's ******** for you folks to come here and act like everyone owes you information. SEARCH FOR IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. when i say people should search for it, they got the 5.0 install files from a thread with hundreds of posts already on how to do it, i just think it's extremely irresponsible to install an OS without reading about it first, i mean, how would you even know it's going to work for your carrier.
    Last edited by katiepea; 01-09-2010 at 01:20 PM.
  9. wrrecked's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    222 Posts
    PIN
    24A15E95
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    yeah i'm so ******** for wanting people to use logic, nice first post clown.
    hahahahabhahbabhhabhba lmfao


    its true.
  10. jstray's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    If you've unbranded your phone you need to go to my computer>C drive>program files>common files>research in motion>shared>loader files>*operating system*
    You're going to see a folder that says java and umts..... Now look for a file named vvm.alx and open it with notepad, once there you're going to look for anything that says vendor ID and delete it. Once you've finished save it. VISTA USERS will need to save to their desktop and drag and drop it to overwrite the original file. Once you've done that either go through DM or apploader and it will show the option to load vvm now

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jstray; 01-09-2010 at 01:25 PM.
  11. creedub's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A44E2B
    #11  

    Default

    I feel like you don't know what the definition of a forum is now. A forum is a place for people to share information. If you feel overwhelmed by contributing then don't. There are people besides yourself apparently that don't feel like they are going out of their way to help someone out. Not everyone on here is a tech head or knows where to start their searches for information. Anytime someone has had a question that I can answer I give them direct links to where they can go to solve their problem. Not just answers that still leave the person without any guidance to fix the problem. Personally, I have been searching for the answer to this question for about 2 months now without a clear answer on how to fix the problem so I have put forth more than the necessary effort without getting the right result. Obviously, me and the other people who are having this problem needed some assistance and it's terribly ignorant (please don't make me have to give you the definition of that word as well) of you to assume that we haven't looked on our own already. You can't have a question without intrigue playa.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  12. katiepea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,209 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creedub View Post
    I feel like you don't know what the definition of a forum is now. A forum is a place for people to share information. If you feel overwhelmed by contributing then don't. There are people besides yourself apparently that don't feel like they are going out of their way to help someone out. Not everyone on here is a tech head or knows where to start their searches for information. Anytime someone has had a question that I can answer I give them direct links to where they can go to solve their problem. Not just answers that still leave the person without any guidance to fix the problem. Personally, I have been searching for the answer to this question for about 2 months now without a clear answer on how to fix the problem so I have put forth more than the necessary effort without getting the right result. Obviously, me and the other people who are having this problem needed some assistance and it's terribly ignorant (please don't make me have to give you the definition of that word as well) of you to assume that we haven't looked on our own already. You can't have a question without intrigue playa.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    if you've been searching for this answer for 2 months and can't find a clear answer then YOU are the one that doesn't know how to use a forum, the answer is simple, you grab one of the hundred vvm.zips and load them onto your phone, i posted a link above that shows how, i mean seriously now, this has been CLEARLY DESCRIPTIVELY AND DECISIVELY COVERED HUNDREDS OF TIMES.
  13. jstray's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creedub View Post
    I feel like you don't know what the definition of a forum is now. A forum is a place for people to share information. If you feel overwhelmed by contributing then don't. There are people besides yourself apparently that don't feel like they are going out of their way to help someone out. Not everyone on here is a tech head or knows where to start their searches for information. Anytime someone has had a question that I can answer I give them direct links to where they can go to solve their problem. Not just answers that still leave the person without any guidance to fix the problem. Personally, I have been searching for the answer to this question for about 2 months now without a clear answer on how to fix the problem so I have put forth more than the necessary effort without getting the right result. Obviously, me and the other people who are having this problem needed some assistance and it's terribly ignorant (please don't make me have to give you the definition of that word as well) of you to assume that we haven't looked on our own already. You can't have a question without intrigue playa.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you're adding to the fire. I suggest you just drop it. Some people aren't too friendly on here but who cares? just ignore them, I get bashed all the time and I don't care lol
  14. creedub's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A44E2B
    #14  

    Default

    I could care less. I don't think you bashed anyone. I don't think you're mean. I go on video game forums all the time where the REAL idiots hang out. I just don't think it's justifiable to give someone partial info to a question that's easy to answer since you apparently had the answer that's all. I'm not adding to the fire cause it's not even that serious but I always speak my mind.

    But thanks for the full info though. Not being sarcastic for real. Cause now I'll finally have my VVM.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  15. jstray's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #15  

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Creedub View Post
    I could care less. I don't think you bashed anyone. I don't think you're mean. I go on video game forums all the time where the REAL idiots hang out. I just don't think it's justifiable to give someone partial info to a question that's easy to answer since you apparently had the answer that's all. I'm not adding to the fire cause it's not even that serious but I always speak my mind.

    But thanks for the full info though. Not being sarcastic for real. Cause now I'll finally have my VVM.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I never said I was bashing anyone I'm confused.... maybe you weren't directing that at me?
  16. creedub's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A44E2B
    #16  

    Default

    Na. Haha. I never said anyone got bashed either. KP assumed that I was feeling bashed. I was just feeling undersold until she/he posted that link.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. jstray's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Creedub View Post
    Na. Haha. I never said anyone got bashed either. KP assumed that I was feeling bashed. I was just feeling undersold until she/he posted that link.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    -shrugs
    well I hope everyone learned how to put vvm on their phones
  18. creedub's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A44E2B
    #18  

    Default

    Lmao no doubt! Too bad my laptop just dumped on me after all this. Sorry KP I wasted your time for nothing. Lol

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. LittleRedDot's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,339 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    To whoever said they searched for VVM and came up empty, next time try searching for the key word in the entire thread instead of just the title. All too often people will title a thread "PLEASE HELP BIG PROBLEM PLEEEEAAASSEE HHHEEEELLLLPPP".

    I believe I hate that more than duplicate posters. For anyone reading this, please try and put at least a little of your problem in the title.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. raemax08's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    can't we all just get along?
    Rachael
  21. Fat Ryan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    139 Posts
    PIN
    me no has PIN anymore
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    maybe you guys should try reading the posts before installing, it's stated a few hundred times how to restore visual voicemail, and if you search for it, you will easily find instructions, you need to use the cod files from .238, just copy all the files with "VVM" over.
    jesus, are you ever NOT a complete b!tch? literally every post ive seen you write on this forum is extremely condescending and utterly useless...including all the posts in my thread earlier about upgrading to 5.0. why are you even here? i cant believe youre not banned yet
    Ryan D. Fehr, MS candidate
    Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
    Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
    Blacksburg, VA 24060
  22. katiepea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,209 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ryan View Post
    jesus, are you ever NOT a complete b!tch? literally every post ive seen you write on this forum is extremely condescending and utterly useless...including all the posts in my thread earlier about upgrading to 5.0. why are you even here? i cant believe youre not banned yet
    awwww someone has a crush on me, well read this and there's plenty more around, i don't get banned because i help people, i won't report you for calling me a ***** because i don't care about you. i've generated more help on these forums than you have i assure you, and i certainly don't go around stalking peoples profiles to find other posts they have made and call people names. get a life.
  23. Fat Ryan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    139 Posts
    PIN
    me no has PIN anymore
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    awwww someone has a crush on me, well read this and there's plenty more around, i don't get banned because i help people, i won't report you for calling me a ***** because i don't care about you. i've generated more help on these forums than you have i assure you, and i certainly don't go around stalking peoples profiles to find other posts they have made and call people names. get a life.
    what are you like 5 years old? "ive generated more help than you"...seriously? i didnt know there was a competition going on. i help out here if i can. but i obviously have a life, so i cant spend every waking second on crackberry.com like you do apparently. and you think im stalking your profile? lol oh yeah, you caught me! no, it just so happens that ive seen a few of your posts...is that odd? i mean...you claim to help out all the time, so its to be expected that id see your posts often. and yeah, i havent yet seen a post of your that wasnt totally cocky and self righteous. how about you try treating people with some respect if they havent done anything to you? ...might get you somewhere in life.
    Ryan D. Fehr, MS candidate
    Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
    Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
    Blacksburg, VA 24060
  24. katiepea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,209 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    yeah well i can uh...obviously see that you've been to my profile, so i'll let everyone else here see it too so they can all see what a liar you are, and you're the one starting arguments so i'd say it's you who has too much time on their hands. i treat people with plenty of respect, and as usual from what i've seen, you're just full of moot points. so yeah, as you can see in this picture, you've looked at my profile, which i know means you've browsed through my posts just trying to prove what a "terrible" person i am.

  25. Fat Ryan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    139 Posts
    PIN
    me no has PIN anymore
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    yeah well i can uh...obviously see that you've been to my profile, so i'll let everyone else here see it too so they can all see what a liar you are, and you're the one starting arguments so i'd say it's you who has too much time on their hands. i treat people with plenty of respect, and as usual from what i've seen, you're just full of moot points. so yeah, as you can see in this picture, you've looked at my profile, which i know means you've browsed through my posts just trying to prove what a "terrible" person i am.

    this one was obviously over your head...1:16AM pacific = 4:16AM eastern...thats long after i ever posted. i was just checking to see how old you were...kinda shocking. im liking the reverse psychology too BTW.
    Ryan D. Fehr, MS candidate
    Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
    Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
    Blacksburg, VA 24060
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions