Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Newest Official OS 5.0.0.509 Blackberry Bold 9000 - WIND Hellas

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2B6049B8D9A202

Software For BlackBerry® Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.860 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.860
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.509
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.50
    File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.50_A5.0.0.509_Wind_H ellas.exe
    File size: 121.51MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Installation instructions.

Step 1: Download desired OS to your PC.
    Step 2: Install and complete the setup process to have the OS installed.
    Step 3: Remember to delete vendor.xml file if your carrier the OS is not from your carrier.
    Step 4: Do a comprehensive backup in case anything goes wrong.
    Step 5: Connect Bold to PC and click on the Loader and let the process initiate. Loader can be found in the same folder as the vendor.xml file.
    Step 6: Do not unplug the Bold during the process. Process may take around 30-60 minutes to complete.

Link to official OS, enjoy fellow cracberry people!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dienamik; 03-03-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    L O Y 8 0 Y

thanks for the post! will try it when i get home. has anyone tried the beta at least? any differences from the update before that so i know what to look for in this one?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts

Thumbs up

I'm on day 5 with .509 coming from 4.6.0.297 - my Bold has not crashed once on this OS so very stable. My last reboot was 48 hours ago and I am at 29MB free.

This is the first build that will keep me on 5.0 permanently...

My installed apps:

BerryBuzz
    Hulkster's 10 icons L style, 7x calendar today section theme
    FileScout
    FlashOn
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App
    Shazam
    CaptureIt
    AIM
    BBM 5.0.0.57
    BB App World

Positives:
    -No browser, VVM nor SMS fixes required
    -The browser is noticeably blazing fast
    -Threaded SMS works great and looks really nice (there are some rare SMS bugs still there though)
    -The new standby/lock is excellent. It combines the best of both worlds
    -Picture thumbnails load ridiculously fast
    -The overall look and feel of the OS is nicer but nothing great...just like the new startup screen
    -The clock mode has thicker numbers on digital mode making it easier to read, especially at night in bedside mode
    -I LOVE how bedside mode can be configured to automatically switch me to a different profile and then turn it back to normal upon exit. This is a great idea.
    -Did I mention the browser is FAST?? I've used lots of betas where people say the browser is fast and when I used it it didn't seem much different but once you use this browser you will be "wowed."

Negatives:
    -Some choppiness in calls. This has mostly come in 5-10 second blips during a conversation but I had one instance where it lasted the entire call. I heard putting it on speakerphone would fix this.
    -I can't find a way to reduce my call log from 2 lines per entry to 1...lots of wasted space here especially on font size 7
    -Had one SMS bug in 5 days - have to see if this will continue or not
    -You can set vibrate length on alerts to short, medium or long - if it's not set to vibrate with ring tone (therefore vibrating and then playing the sound), the medium setting causes the ring tone that accompanies it to have it's first 1/10th(ish?) of a second cut off
    -I don't use bluetooth but there is clearly a problem with it that other users have detailed in the beta thread

About the lock/standby:

Holding mute and the A button both do the same thing now. It's sort of a combination of the lock and standby. It instantly turns off the screen and locks the phone. With the old standby it would show a pop-up telling you that the device is entering standby mode and would slowly fade to black. Now it's instant black.

Like standby, most keys will not wake the phone anymore. "Call" "End" "BB Button" and "Back Button" will all wake the phone and display a message that the phone is in standby and you need to press mute to unlock it. ALSO, unlike old standby, any of the number keys on the keyboard will wake the phone. Nothing but the mute button will unlock it though.

The only reason I ever used the "A" lock on my phone before was because when listening to music, standby would turn the music off. This new standby/lock does not turn the music off.

Also, it no longer locks the phone with a password. Password lock is entirely dependent upon you either selecting the "Password Lock" icon that appears when a password is enabled, reaching the "Security Timeout" limit (which can be set to 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60 minutes), or holstering the device (there is an option to enable/disable this).
    Last edited by jeffreii; 03-03-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    L O Y 8 0 Y

dont like the sound of the choppiness of the calls. lol

and the bluetooth will be an issue to me coz i bluetooth to my friends car stereo unless its not happening to everyone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    L O Y 8 0 Y

thanks for the review of the update!

let us know what you think guys!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

No choppy calls for me on trusty 4.6.0.303 lol

Tried .411 but went straight back until call quality improves

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by LOY80Y View Post
    dont like the sound of the choppiness of the calls. lol

and the bluetooth will be an issue to me coz i bluetooth to my friends car stereo unless its not happening to everyone.
    I have had no problems with Bluetooth. It syncs perfectly with my car and my headset. Also, I've experienced no choppy calls. This is a great build. I've been using it since it was leaked last Friday 2-26.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drew8484 View Post
    I have had no problems with Bluetooth. It syncs perfectly with my car and my headset. Also, I've experienced no choppy calls. This is a great build. I've been using it since it was leaked last Friday 2-26.
    I think it's just a problem with non-headset, non-speakerphone calls. It usually comes and goes and is not much of a problem before I can test it.

The bluetooth problem, I believe, is with media playback/playlists.
    CrackBerry User

im having trouble installing the .509. it says no need to upgrade. but i have the 464
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mantech View Post
    im having trouble installing the .509. it says no need to upgrade. but i have the 464
    You might need to check this thread if you're correctly following the standard update procedure and still having problems:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...pdates-420811/
    CrackBerry User

cool thanks!
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,096 Global Posts

edited original post with install instructions and stuck thread
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Like others I have had this since last Friday and find this OS the best yet. Memory is outstanding, one BP since install! Battery life is good as well. No choppyness here. Quite honestly have not found anything to complain about in this build.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,024 Global Posts

Has anyone experienced programs with the Documents to Go icons? In .411 and .464, they were generic "box" icons.

Also, how is the GPS in this version? .464 was very slow and inaccurate. After trying .411 and .464, I went back to 4.6.0.303.

Any other issues?
    BlackBerry Z10 (10.2.1.2141), BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi (2.1.0.1753), Microsoft Surface 2 (Windows 8.1 RT)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt J View Post
    Has anyone experienced programs with the Documents to Go icons? In .411 and .464, they were generic "box" icons.

Also, how is the GPS in this version? .464 was very slow and inaccurate. After trying .411 and .464, I went back to 4.6.0.303.

Any other issues?
    I don't use Docs to Go but I've found the GPS to be as fast as I could want. Opening Google Maps outside I get a GPS lock within 5 seconds. I was by the pool yesterday and zoomed in on myself and it had me on the wrong side of the pool but that's only about 10-15 feet off! Works for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Matt J View Post

Any other issues?
    Docs to go icons are generic boxes in this build as well. Gps lock is fast as stated above.

CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    26,759 Global Posts

I actually installed the beta version before I saw this thread, but there is no need for me to switch, since it is the same thing anyway.

I have a lot more memory than I did when I was running 5.0.0.411. I never tried 5.0.0.464.

For anybody who was stalling on a 5.0 upgrade due to browser and VVM issues, this one is for you. No fixes needed.
    CrackBerry User

Does anyone know if QuickPull/Meterberry apps work with this build?

I like to be able to schedule reboots in the middle of the night, but when I tried the leaked version of this build it didn't work. If this is the same as the leak, then I imagine the problem will still be there, but if anyone can correct me that would be great.

I'm currently running on .411 and those apps work fine. I know its only a small issue, but I don't want to change an OS that works with everything to one that doesn't.

Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ky and the Brain, brain...

Default Here ya go

So I guess we'll all start posting over here now since it's official. The beta thread is here Foxy URL

So the garble issue: happened again today, volume seems low at times then jumps up to full or then cuts out completely or flickers. Only had it happen once or twice today, and never had an issue with my BT headset running. Speakerphone always works, no issues there.

Memory has been good, I am starting low around 28, which may be due to the fact that I didn't do a complete wipe. It stays around 20 for half a day or so, then starts slipping a little at a time. I am doing about 1 pull per day. Today was pretty good, as I realized I had Social Scope (memory hog) running most of the day, and was using the browser a lot too, and it was still running around 15.

The browser is fast, so fast. I had only edge coverage today for about 2 hrs, and it was like the old 3G browsing, but was still at least that fast, maybe faster.

Battery life has been good, as stated, was running a ton of apps today, lots of browser, medium calls, half at least with BT, running wifi for a few hours and still have about 30% left.

Wifi--had the 1 minute connection wait at the office, then when I got home, it showed the "Home" in the connections screen, but didn't get the solid white icon for about 45 seconds after, so it takes a minute or so to connect, which doesn't make a bit of difference to me.

No SMS issues. Using google voise at present, so delete VVM in CrackMem before install.

Pictures load really fast in this build as well, haven't really played with the rest of media yet. Don't use the BT for music, so I won't know about that.

Use a program called Profile Scheduler from WCS, had an issue where the schedules weren't changing right, it was due to the fact that the list of Profiles is in a different order. Played and got the right order, now works ok. Emailed the developer, no version for 5, doesn't seem like they care too much, said nothing new in the works either.

Did a full wipe on 3-5-10, most of the problems mentioned seem to have disappeared, do the full wipe if you are upgrading from a 4.6 OS
    Last edited by JerseyDriver; 03-06-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Wiped
    ....sure you can, just not in the left lane.

MB Pro ; Bold 9000 > Torch .337 > 9900
    CrackBerry Addict

Just upgraded from 5.0.0.411.

First observation: memory increased by a full 10 MB right off the bat. With .411, I'd start with maybe 29 MB after a battery pull. After two reboots now, I've been at 39 MB both times. Nice.

Everything seems to work, too. No SMS, Browser, or VVM problems so far. I'm very interested to see if the browser is as fast as some have said.

More to come.
    I phart in your general direction.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lawman View Post
    Does anyone know if QuickPull/Meterberry apps work with this build?

I like to be able to schedule reboots in the middle of the night, but when I tried the leaked version of this build it didn't work. If this is the same as the leak, then I imagine the problem will still be there, but if anyone can correct me that would be great.

I'm currently running on .411 and those apps work fine. I know its only a small issue, but I don't want to change an OS that works with everything to one that doesn't.

Cheers

Nope. You have to manually do it. Does quick pull work ok on the 9700 with the official 5.0 or do they need to update their software to work on all ver of 5.0 i wonder?

I agree with the reception issue. Started on zain build here in Houston and got terrific reception, VVM started right up and no SMS issues. Wasnt going back to 4.x. Now browser and wi-fi fixed and threaded sms is indespensible. Just need tweak back to whatever made the reception so great in the previous build. Come on Rim we know you are listening...

UPDATE: Steelthorn has a beta for os 5 if you are feeling adventerous... I am. (cant post link as too new, go to steelthorn dot com.)
    Last edited by greasyspoon; 03-03-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: update
    CrackBerry User

upgraded from .411 - 3sweden

- faster startup
    - quickpull does work
    - all apps open RIDICULOUSLY FAST!
    - increased app memory by 7MB.. (41mb after pull)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    L O Y 8 0 Y

Quote Originally Posted by drew8484 View Post

Sweet!! Thanks for that. Gives me that peace of mind that it should work. I'll prob do a wipe with bbsak as usual, load my backup and manually install my apps. Find it better coz I get more mem outta it. I got about 13gb of music on my phone that I play thru bluetooth. Need to get. 32gb real soon.

Jus ordered my matte black bezel from dealsishop n f**ked it coz I left some super glue lying around while I was fixing something and it went all on the bezel. Sanded it back. Need to sand it more tonight coz its still abit bumpy. Lost the matte look on some bits. Jus looks like its faded now. =(

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    L O Y 8 0 Y

I tried downloading this earlier as well and it didn't go thru. Anyone getting the same prob? I'll try again later on today when I get back home.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by greasyspoon View Post
    Nope. You have to manually do it. Does quick pull work ok on the 9700 with the official 5.0 or do they need to update their software to work on all ver of 5.0 i wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by zachkiRo View Post
    upgraded from .411 - 3sweden

- faster startup
    - quickpull does work
    - all apps open RIDICULOUSLY FAST!
    - increased app memory by 7MB.. (41mb after pull)
    Thanks for that guys. Seeing as the feedback is a bit mixed I think I'll give it a go.
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast