CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My phone keeps freezing and moving slow, any ideas?

It has been moving really slow and freezing a lot. I tried freeing up memory but I don't know what else to do or what it could be. It's not a network issue bc everyone else in my house aren't experiencing any issues. Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts

What OS are you on?

Have you tried a battery pull on the device?

Do you have a lot of applications installed on the device? Ever deleted your SMS and emails, both inbox and outbox of SMS, most forget about that outbox and it piles up!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Check the free memory. A low memory situation is bad news for your BB experience. Database corruption is pretty common too. Sometimes you just have to wipe and reload everything.
    CrackBerry Addict

Regularly reset your device. I reset mine like twice-thrice a day. Low on memory can cause your device to operate slower than normal, hence the hourglass. Deleting old messages can help freeing up memory as well. Furthermore, upgrade OS to the most recent and stable version.
    CrackBerry User

low memory really affects performance
    CrackBerry User

Angry Bold 9650 Slow and Freezing

I am having the same problems. My Blackberry Bold 9650 is very slow, and often freezes up. I have plenty of memory, plenty of space available, and I do battery resets on a regular basis. Is thee a problem with the current iOS? I am using .732. I have also cleared the logs. Someone please help. I am very frustrated at this point. My old phone, the Tour 9630, was much faster, and it had the same programs on it.
    Last edited by rockys57; 07-02-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Software version 5 will help. I had a customer with the same issues once i downloaded the new software for him it was fine. Also hold down the blackberry button and make sure you have no Apps running in the background as these will slow the phone down.
    CrackBerry User

I am having similar if not more sever symtoms and have done all of the above suggestions. Any other possible solutions out there?
    CrackBerry Newbie

im on os7 with my bold9930 and im experiencing the same freezing issues i have deleted d apps i don't use anymore and also as u suggested my inbox and outbox..wat do i do now