CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My LED light is no longer flashing

Good evening top you all.

I wonder if you could help me please.

As I reported in a different thread , I took delivery of the Bold about 2 days ago.

For this 2 days , whenever someone has called , or when I've received an email or SMS , the flashing LED in the top right corner has always flashed to inform me that something has been sent.

Now earlier today I downloaded the trial BerryBuzz application , however I soon noticed that even though I had the LED set to the chosen colour for the chosen reminder , no LED flashed. This annoyed me , & considering it didn't do as stated on the tin , & then deleted the trial from my phone.

Now the situation I now have is , even though it's been deleted from the phone , when I receive a call , text or email etc , the default LED does not flash/blink for the predetermined time at all.

Now I've gone into the necessary profiles & selected advanced etc , however even though the option of the LED is switched to ON , it still doesn't flash.

Now this is annoying , as now if I receive a call/sms/email etc , & I'm not in the room to hear , when I am then near my phone , there is now nothing to indicate that I've missed something.

I'm at a total loss to see & work out why this has vanished. Would this BerryBuzz app of messed another setting up , & is there another setting somewhere that I need to be changing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards James
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

I know this is a tired and maybe stupid question, but have you done a battery pull?

And what OS version are you running? I ask so I can know which OS was installed when you DL'd installed Berry Buzz.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,572 Global Posts
    PIN
    Say Please

Sometimes mine goes astray. If you've done the batt pull you might try to go to your options-screen/keyboard. In there you can turn it off, save that then go back in and turn it back on. Works for me.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Payne View Post

Now earlier today I downloaded the trial BerryBuzz application , however I soon noticed that even though I had the LED set to the chosen colour for the chosen reminder , no LED flashed. This annoyed me , & considering it didn't do as stated on the tin , & then deleted the trial from my phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards James

And ill tell you why it probably didnt work for you...did you go into your active profile and for each alert turn off the led notification??. You need to do that in order for it to work...thats how i have mine set up along with countless others and it works perfectly fine...if you had taken the time to ask here then someone would have guided you as to how to get it to work. Also within the app itself theres a guide on how to set it up properly.

But nevermind you have deleted it...if the leds arent working then do a battery pull and that should sort it out...you might have to do a few to fix it if it doesnt do it the first time round.
    CrackBerry User

Check to see if Bedside mode is on.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Chicklet View Post
    Sometimes mine goes astray. If you've done the batt pull you might try to go to your options-screen/keyboard. In there you can turn it off, save that then go back in and turn it back on. Works for me.
    Under what setting is this. I have an LED coverage indicator setting , is this the one I should have on ?

Regards James

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,572 Global Posts
    PIN
    Say Please

[QUOTE=James Payne;2445985]Under what setting is this. I have an LED coverage indicator setting , is this the one I should have on ?

Regards James

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

Yes indeedy. Put it on and send yourself an email. See if thats it. It may only solve the status but worth a shot.
    Last edited by Chicklet; 05-01-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

You dont want to turn the LED coverage on.

As stated the best thing to do is a battery pull. Take the battery out with the device powered on for 30 seconds then replace.

Doing this can fix many issues.
    CrackBerry User

James, Before jumping through hoops and tearing your hair out.
    Clock app>bb key>exit bedside mode

Myself and a few others on this forum thought we had broken LED's untill we turned bedside mode off!

see here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/be...-berry-191671/
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by stonedroses View Post
    James, Before jumping through hoops and tearing your hair out.
    Clock app>bb key>exit bedside mode

Myself and a few others on this forum thought we had broken LED's untill we turned bedside mode off!
    Many many thanks for that , have just done as suggested & is now working again as it had been.

Very much appreciated.

Now to reinstall the BerryBuzz application , as I believe this was possibly the reason as to why the lights were not working.

Can I just say , this is what's great about forums like these. I would never in a million years of thought to rectify as the above poster suggested.

I sat annoyed , feeling as though I wanted to throw the bloody thing in the bin , but just thought I'd ask the question as others had been so helpful on another thread.

So pleased I did.

Regards James
    CrackBerry User

I am glad you are up and running again.

Berrybuzz is a great app. If you have trouble setting it up have a look at the help guide located in

Options>Berrybuzz>BB Key>Help

Enjoy!