Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is my Bold bricked??

Is my Bold a brick??

Hi guys;

Yesterday morning my phone showed the red battery outline, so I plugged it into my wall charger. After an hour the phone had turned itself off and didn't appear to be charging.

Battery takes a charge - tested in my wife's phone.

I battled all day yesterday trying to charge it and get it booted up. No luck. I finally tried wiping it and re-loading the OS. It did a few things - white screen when plugged into the wall charger - red light flashing twice before going out, etc. etc. When trying to over wright the OS, things would progress a certain amount and then the phone would shut off.

I left the battery out over night and this morning I re-loaded the os successfully, BUT........

Here at work, the phone will boot up - run for a few minutes flashing the low batt light - and then turn itself off - while plugged into my pc.

Brick?
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,234 Global Posts

If it was bricked it would not turn on at all.. Period. Try reinstalling the OS again and go from there, also make sure that battery is fully charged up.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Well, I got it started with a good (full) battery - it runs for a few minutes - a line appears on the screen, there is a crackling noise, the screen goes white and the phone reboots.

The OS is fresh - so not sure what else, other than some sort of hardware problem it could be.

Anyway, bought a used 9700 for $75 last night and it's running now, happily.