Is my Bold bricked??
Is my Bold a brick??
Yesterday morning my phone showed the red battery outline, so I plugged it into my wall charger. After an hour the phone had turned itself off and didn't appear to be charging.
Battery takes a charge - tested in my wife's phone.
I battled all day yesterday trying to charge it and get it booted up. No luck. I finally tried wiping it and re-loading the OS. It did a few things - white screen when plugged into the wall charger - red light flashing twice before going out, etc. etc. When trying to over wright the OS, things would progress a certain amount and then the phone would shut off.
I left the battery out over night and this morning I re-loaded the os successfully, BUT........
Here at work, the phone will boot up - run for a few minutes flashing the low batt light - and then turn itself off - while plugged into my pc.
- 11-20-12, 12:09 AM #2
If it was bricked it would not turn on at all.. Period. Try reinstalling the OS again and go from there, also make sure that battery is fully charged up.
Well, I got it started with a good (full) battery - it runs for a few minutes - a line appears on the screen, there is a crackling noise, the screen goes white and the phone reboots.
The OS is fresh - so not sure what else, other than some sort of hardware problem it could be.
Anyway, bought a used 9700 for $75 last night and it's running now, happily.
- By S3o0d in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 40Last Post: 04-06-09, 04:32 PM
- By verdims in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 03-28-09, 06:48 AM
- By vijayganesh in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 7Last Post: 01-25-09, 09:21 PM
- By G8tor in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 7Last Post: 01-24-09, 09:15 PM
- By s4l in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 11-18-08, 11:40 PM