CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation "Media card secured by another device"

I can't figure out this damn error message. "Media Card is secured by another device. Unable to save encrypted file."

I've formatted, reformatted, removed the memory card, formatted in Windows, reinstalled memory card and re-reformatted. I can't figure this out. It only does this with any and all .doc, .ppt, and .xls files, not pictures or music.

I've even turned off all encryption mechanisms, formatted, and still can't get it to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Media card secured by another device"-capture9_21_58.jpg   "Media card secured by another device"-capture9_23_10.jpg   "Media card secured by another device"-capture9_23_17.jpg   "Media card secured by another device"-capture9_23_50.jpg   "Media card secured by another device"-capture9_24_16.jpg  

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

After installing the operating system again (v266) and formatting the media card (only God knows how many times) I was able to save .doc and a test .xls file and open them successfully.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johndball View Post
    After installing the operating system again (v266) and formatting the media card (only God knows how many times) I was able to save .doc and a test .xls file and open them successfully.
    Are you on a corp blackberry and do they have an IT policy?
    BTW I would take down those pics too much info on them.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BOLD "Media Card" .rem probs

Format
    • Device
    • Media Card

The bold will not open/save any new .doc/.xls if the device mem has not been cleared of previous encrypt data from old BB.

Both have to be wiped::
    =Options>Memory>device memory and media card [format]