Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 303
  1. Ahmed G.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,090 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Lightbulb Latest Official OS: 9000 5.0.0.822 Hutchison

    Software For BlackBerry® Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone

    BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1385 (All Languages)

    Package Version: 5.0.0.1385
    Consisting of:

    Applications: 5.0.0.822
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.76
    File name: 9000jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1385_PL5.2.0.76_A5.0.0.82 2_Hutchison.exe
    File size: 151.2MB

    Download Link : Official OS 5.0.0.822 for Bold 9000 by Hutchison


    Recommended Upgrading Procedure is as follows:

    1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed any older OSes you have installed on your PC by going to Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel)

    2. Delete the vendor.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

    3. Backup your 3rd party applications ( optional recommended step )

    4. Connect your Bold 9000 to your PC and right click on a file named Loader (located in the same place where you found the vendor.xml > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe) and select '' Run As Administrator ''

    5. Follow the prompts. The Loader will backup and restore your data by default


    Another Trusted Procedure
    Upgrading Procedure
  2. NSheld's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    185 Posts
    PIN
    80087355
    #2  

    Default

    Nice one matey!

    I have just this minute installed the leaked version..lol

    I suppose there won't be any difference
  3. Spazmogen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    195 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Very nice find. I'll try this one out tonight.
  4. Ahmed G.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,090 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NSheld View Post
    Nice one matey!

    I have just this minute installed the leaked version..lol

    I suppose there won't be any difference
    lol . . . I guess not!. Though I prefer an Official OS
  5. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,065 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NSheld View Post
    Nice one matey!

    I have just this minute installed the leaked version..lol

    I suppose there won't be any difference
    Nope, there is no difference. It's irrational to insist on waiting for a OS "to become official" (i.e., for a carrier to adopt an OS that has been leaked) if people here have already tested out the leaked version and given it the thumbs up.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. zachkiRo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Nice to see this has gone official considering its the best OS by far!!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. AlKa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    162 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Smooth install. Memory management has definitely improved in this build. Will monitor battery life. Overall good performance on Rogers.
  8. Sonic300's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    79 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    So what are the good points versus bad points? Or any comments on the OS would be nice besides it being the "newest official"???
    Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it

    "Mechanical" Genius 98 Army Battery Exam
  9. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,065 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    The only difference I've noticed in the almost-week I've had .822 is that VVM no longer runs in the background (that is, it no longer shows up in App Switcher). Memory and everything else seems more or less the same as .681.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  10. bpgui's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Very nice find
  11. Tonsils's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Just wanted to confirm that East Asian languages are included is this build? It says all languages but can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
  12. bpgui's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonsils View Post
    Just wanted to confirm that East Asian languages are included is this build? It says all languages but can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
    It is included
  13. Alexmam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Could someone please upload this release to hotfile or smth?
    Downloads from BB website are extremely slow!
  14. mcdanielnc89's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    841 Posts
    Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me!
    #14  

    Default

    Hmmm. I might just be goofy, but this is runnign faster than the leaked version for me...
  15. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,065 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Actually, I stand corrected. This is technically not the same as the leaked .822, which is a Multilanguage version. This "official" .822 is an All Language version, and is almost 25 MB bigger.

    The last time we had a split like this between the leaked Multilanguage and an "official" All Language version of the same OS, the "official" All Language version used up close to 5 MB more of device memory. Not a good thing on the Bold (and the OP, who doesn't even have a 9000, would know nothing about this).

    I believe it was .592 that had this problem, though I can't recall. In any event, we assumed it had to be precisely because the All Language version of the OS was simply a much bigger file.

    Can anyone who has (*cough*pointlessly*cough*) tried both the leaked and "official" weigh in on the post restart memory they have experienced with both?
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
  16. terry2482's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I can get sounds and ringtones to play a few times but then they stop playing after a while. Anyone have a fix for this?
  17. -Kevlar-'s Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terry2482 View Post
    I can get sounds and ringtones to play a few times but then they stop playing after a while. Anyone have a fix for this?
    i had this problem when upgrading my wifes bold. i went back to .681
  18. Spazmogen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    195 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Yeah, no audible ringer or message alerts for me at all. I'll revert tonight.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. adamp961's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I installed .822 today and all is well so far. I can't see any difference from 681

    Anyway I think they should make this a" sticky post"

    Adam

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. TwoFast4Lv's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I have been running the leak since monday. it did help my battery issues but they are still not up to the level they were before things went crazy in .681

    So far I am happy with it. I had the sounds turn off. it had switch to silent. it does it at night because I had it set that way but does not turn them back on in the Am. I had to manualy turn them back on.
  21. Dormy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Actually, I stand corrected. This is technically not the same as the leaked .822, which is a Multilanguage version. This "official" .822 is an All Language version, and is almost 25 MB bigger.

    The last time we had a split like this between the leaked Multilanguage and an "official" All Language version of the same OS, the "official" All Language version used up close to 5 MB more of device memory. Not a good thing on the Bold (and the OP, who doesn't even have a 9000, would know nothing about this).

    I believe it was .592 that had this problem, though I can't recall. In any event, we assumed it had to be precisely because the All Language version of the OS was simply a much bigger file.

    Can anyone who has (*cough*pointlessly*cough*) tried both the leaked and "official" weigh in on the post restart memory they have experienced with both?
    I tried both and found the multilanguage version took up about 5 MB more device memory.

    (the Music icon disappeared from my Media folder so I did the brute force thing of a couple installs before realising I just needed to activate the Theme to bring the icon back)
  22. Alexmam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Please upload to hotfile etc. Having big problems with downloading.
  23. rifkimaulana's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    I have the same issue that Terry2482 and. Kevlar had, my sound and ringtones doesn't work at all, I've tried to change the profile option but nothing seem could fix those issue, please someone could give some advise about fixing that problems
  24. laollis's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,092 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Had it a week. Best OS so far. Way better for my battery and memory.
    Another Day in Paradise
  25. likuidkewl's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rifkimaulana View Post
    I have the same issue that Terry2482 and. Kevlar had, my sound and ringtones doesn't work at all, I've tried to change the profile option but nothing seem could fix those issue, please someone could give some advise about fixing that problems
    The only things that fixed it for me:
    1. Reboot - alt-rght shift- del a few times or battery pull
    2. Downgrade the OS

    I went back to .592 as I think that is the one that worked the best on my Bold.
    Last edited by likuidkewl; 07-30-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions