CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just Got A Brand Spankin' New Bold 9000 (again)!

Hey everyone! I just received my brand new unlocked Bold 9000 that I've won on an eBay auction for only $71.00! I'm actually posting this thread on it right now, and I can honestly say that I really do miss this device. I love the overall form factor, size, thickness, leather backing, keyboard, speakers, etc. I am currently a Bold 9900 user and the 9000's speakers blows it away! Trackball navigation compared to the trackpad is really slow, but hey, this is what the 4+ years legendary 9000 is all about. I'm keeping this classic in a glass case.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The build quality on those era of phones, if I can say that, were far superior .....you know they can take a knock.

My 9360 maybe sleek for a curve but I doubt it very much if it can take a knock like a BB9000.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    330e6cee

Congrats! Enjoy your BB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

I too bought a 9000 on ebay despite having the 9900 as well. I didn't get a brand new one though. I switch back and forth between the 9900 and the 9000.

Global Posts
    10,252 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by emraldgtr1 View Post
    Hey everyone! I just received my brand new unlocked Bold 9000 that I've won on an eBay auction for only $71.00! I'm actually posting this thread on it right now, and I can honestly say that I really do miss this device. I love the overall form factor, size, thickness, leather backing, keyboard, speakers, etc. I am currently a Bold 9900 user and the 9000's speakers blows it away! Trackball navigation compared to the trackpad is really slow, but hey, this is what the 4+ years legendary 9000 is all about. I'm keeping this classic in a glass case.
    Congratulations on an awesome device! I enjoyed mine. Just a bit of advice. Take a look at some of the 9000 OS Hybrids in the hybrid section if you want to upgrade the OS and enhance the device.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.

The 9000 continues to be my favorite form factor for BB. Hearty congratulations on your purchase. My 9900 is a fine phone but if the 9000 was still in the house it would often be the device of choice.
    CrackBerry User

wish a happy use
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    29B29E73

Quote Originally Posted by emraldgtr1 View Post
    My favorite part about the Bold 9000? The leather backing. So awesome. I wish the newest Bold 9900 would have opted for the leather backing instead of the carbon fiber. It makes the feel and grip of the device so much nicer.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thank you all for your replies - it just shows that the Bold 9000 still lives on! Love to see people still posting in the 9000 thread!
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Just Got A Brand Spankin' New Bold 9000 (again)!

Congrats on your new Bold 9000. One of the reasons I bought the 9900 over the 9790 was due to its form factor which is similar to the legendary Bold 9000. Mind if you post some pictures of your new Bold? Cheers
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by techytamin View Post
    Congrats on your new Bold 9000. One of the reasons I bought the 9900 over the 9790 was due to its form factor which is similar to the legendary Bold 9000. Mind if you post some pictures of your new Bold? Cheers
    Not the greatest pictures...taken with Bold 9900.

Although this is an AT&T branded device, the numbers on the keypad are red (UK version).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just Got A Brand Spankin' New Bold 9000 (again)!-crackberry9000.jpg   Just Got A Brand Spankin' New Bold 9000 (again)!-crackberry9000-2.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

I remember getting my first one too, I had the clicking back though so had to get another one a few weeks later. This one was much better. I ended up getting another years later, after getting rid of the first one, and put this one through it's paces, day to day for about a year. I bought a backup that was almost not even used to have as a replacement just in case and the first one never gave up the ghost. Probably going to sell both of them, with all the amassed accessories, and finally goto a 9900. Although I will miss the trackball, I still like the keys as opposed to the touch on the iPhone I'm currently on... shhhh.. Lol.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Classiest phone I ever owned. I always use it when I go abroad. The keyboard is the best ever made for a phone, period. Enjoy your Bold 9000 OP.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I got a Bold 9000 of ebay in like new condition of ebay a couple of weeks ago,love it haven't used my torch 9810 since. The 9810 is a great device no doubt but this bold has an awesome keyboard and I love the one piece form factor of the 9000 to.

The build quality of these phones is top notch as well. I love my 9000 so much I'm looking for a white one to go with my black one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    Blackberry bold 9000/Torch 9810

Global Posts
    10,252 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

After upgrading to different devices, I still miss the keyboard on the original. BOLD. It's still an excellent device.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I'm buying a white one on ebay on December. I don't care what people think. I'm buying one cheap, install a hybrid os and be proud of it! Bold 9000 rules! (Despite the low memory, lol)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9220 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

That's awesome!! I am still using my old 9000. Can't seem to part with it. I have looked at iPhones, Galaxies, Windows, you name it. I can't seem to let go of this key board! And that nice soft leather back. Even though there is not enough memory on the 9000, I am going to wait for the BB 10 with a key board. I sure hope it is as good!