Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just bought a new used Bold *Help*

hey guys i just bought another used bold in MINT condition.. and im having problems. Is there anyway to ultimate reset the bold? I have already reset it wiping out everything but im still getting emails from original owners email. (i have already removed it in options but it pops up in the message folder) When i try to create my own it does not work and askes me to call FIDO services
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    973 Global Posts
    PIN
    21c304f6

Did you wipe with JL Commander, or did you go through Security options/general settings/wipe handheld?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me for the numbers...

To me it sounds like you need to use JL Commander to wipe the device, due it keep sending emails to the device. Also, it sounds like they have it still registered to their BIS account, which they need to un-register it. Try the JL Commander and let us know if it is still happening for you...
    To find your happiness, follow your Bliss!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

how do i do the JL commander? and yes.. im pretty sure they still have the BIS account register
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

That won't work. As soon as service books are sent it will start over. The previous owner has to advise the carrier to release the phone.
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...

And if you don't have experience in updating OS's DO NOT USE JL COMMANDER
    to wipe the phone.

And what BT told you is correct on the service books. Other person needs to
    call the carrier to release the PIN. Then you're going to create your own BIS
    account to add your own e-mail accounts.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

ahhh, so i have to get the previous owner to call the carrier to release PIN in order for me to create my email and have them stop emailing me her emails

Quote Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
    ahhh, so i have to get the previous owner to call the carrier to release PIN in order for me to create my email and have them stop emailing me her emails
    Bingo. In the meantime you could stop getting the persons emails by deleting
    the service books associated with the addresses. Options>advanced options
    service books. But I believe that on a reboot or battery pull they will come back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

or you can call your carrier and say that you bought a second hand phone and you're afraid there may be a violation of somebody's privacy as you"re constantly receiving someone else's emails. they'll fix it up ASAP
    Bold II
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

call rogers? since this is a ROGERS bold phone?
    if im not the orignal holder will they still release it to me?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    PIN
    it to the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    Bingo. In the meantime you could stop getting the persons emails by deleting
    the service books associated with the addresses. Options>advanced options
    service books. But I believe that on a reboot or battery pull they will come back.
    +1 The biggest possible problem is if the phone was on a business account in which case they can't really touch it without permission from an authorized order placer from the company unless the end user is listed as being able to make changes. If it was only on a personal account, they should be able to zero it out so the other person can still call in and update there old BIS with a new pin/imei if they chose to. I would try calling in first and if they can't do it don't be alarmed, just ask if the person you bought it from can call in and change it and try to have there name handy so they can let you know if that is the person that needs to call (depending on what type of account it was on they may be able to "confirm"/hint if that person could do it but I don't think they can out right say a name).
    Life motto’s
    Drive Hard, Dream Big
    &
    Fake it 'till you make it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    No chance!

Hi everyone, can i just share my experience pls? I live in UK and at this moment i'm back to my home country for summer hol. At first, I asked Vf to release my PIN. When i stop for few days in Singapore, I couldnt get anything work on my Bold [using local sim card]. Then i phone back to UK, asked Vf to create my account again. Somehow I could get to net using Sing's local sim card...? Weird... Anyway, when got back to my home country, i put local pay as you go / pre paid sim card [with BIS account] and it works... I dont know why i actually dont need my PIN to be released...
    Last edited by amelia.s; 07-23-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo & add more stuff :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is hard, and it doesn't come with manual book. Live, learn and pray...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2092EE13

I bought a second hand Rogers pearl that still had email accounts linked to it, so I called Rogers and they removed them from the rogers BIS without an issue.