CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Initialization Failed (SOS)

Hey guys, I need your help..Yes I have search the forum and tried all the options but I'm still getting it, here is what happens..
    If I reload the latest firmware .1079, the phone comes on and works perfectly, I'm using DelftEo BB9000 v7.2
    But from the time I open appworld and download anything that requires a reboot, after the phone restarts I get Initialization failed and cannot make any calls, even if I contiunally restart the phone, do battery pull, nothing helps..the only way it works again is by reloading the firmware.
    Yes I have tried other stock bb9000 firmware and they all do the same thing..I have check the sim contacts, tried multiple sims, yes the phone is unlocked, everyting shows up as disabled..I dont know what to try any more and its driving me crazy..can someone please help me...thank you..
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    26,603 Global Posts

It sounds like either a faulty SIM card or a damaged SIM card reader.
    NEED HELP! Receiving "Initialization Failed" and "SOS" on BB Torch
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Clean the contacts from your sim and try again.

Enjoy DelftEo
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I cleaned it, also tried other SIMs..remember the phone does work perfectly after reloading software, used it for weeks no problem, but on the very first restart I get the problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Don't get me wrong, but you cleaned your bb good with a wipe program and you tried to master clean it first in the menu, try to start again, do a master clean from the menu then wipe it good, make sure you don't have any os installed at your pc then the org 1079 os,then reload a org. Os the 1079, do no put back nothing no backup but a clean os, when it boot up and it work, try Alt-AA-Del to do a soft rest and see if it come back normal an works.

Enjoy DelftEo
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I think I undersatnd what you are saying..I currently have your hybrid OS on the phone, I will do the wipe from the phone (In the sercurity menu), then I will use JL_Cmdr, to do a full wipe. This will leave me with 507 error, then I will install the official stock 1079 firmware, and add nothing back to it, then do a soft reset and see what happens. I am going to try this now and let you know what happens.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Ok so I did exactly what you said and it works! I tried the soft reset TWICE and both times the phone read the SIM properly with no Initialization Failed error..What should I do now?
    Do you think you know whats causing the problem?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Last-One-Left View Post
    Ok so I did exactly what you said and it works! I tried the soft reset TWICE and both times the phone read the SIM properly with no Initialization Failed error..What should I do now?
    Do you think you know whats causing the problem?
    Now you are clean delete the os from your pc (make sure there is no other os in your pc) and install DelftEo v7.2 (like the instructions say) after this do the same test with the clean DelftEo os, do the reset test.
    When it works ok, put back only your contacts and memo and important stuff from your dm backup and leave the most other. Check again with the reset test, when it still works ok, put back one by one your app. Because almost for sure one of the app you used has a conflict or something in your dm backup.
    After you put back a app do the reset test to see of it still works ok, do this one by one.
    This way you find the error or when everything works ok, I think it was a conflict you had with the different os you putted in. Now you are clean.
    Make always sure you deleted other os's then the one you update, always ONE os installed in your pc. And do a good wipe.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 12-04-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Ok thank you alot for your help I will do this tomorrow and give you some feed back, I really hope wiping fixed everything, if I get any problems I will let you know, thanks again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

its hardware problam so dnt waste ur time