I did a search and nothing came up but I'm on verizon and rather then wasting my frustrations on a storm i'd rather get the bold.. what exactly should i do to get a bold fully functional on verizon?

I've got a few questions too:
    - What exactly is meant by unlocking? -- does it refer to simply having all features avail on another network that it has on its intended? Does it mean u can switch wireless providers when u go out of the US without fees?

- Is it best to buy it unlocked or can do it regardless if i can get my hands on a new or used?
    02-10-09 11:21 AM
    Basically you can't....

2 different technologies, GSM vs CDMA...but the unlocking yes would enable you to use it in other countries (or even this one) just by putting in a new SIM card
    02-10-09 11:38 AM
    ^^^^^

This. If you can wait a few months, a CDMA Bold-equivalent (Niagra?) is supposed to be coming to Verizon.

If you can't wait, you'll have to switch to AT&T currently to get a Bold.
    02-10-09 11:54 AM
    Wish on a shooting star.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 11:55 AM
    change carriers
    02-10-09 12:09 PM
    Not possible.... Verizon is cdma and the bold only supports gsm..

02-10-09 12:14 PM
    incase youre not familiar with what we are saying, its like trying to put a 5 lug rim on a vehicle that takes 6 lugs (yes there are adaptors but thats not the point haha).
    or trying to warm something up in the microwave with aluminum foil on it, it just doesnt work. :-) haha
    02-10-09 12:16 PM
    thanks fellas. Yea i know im a big of a laggard on my cell phone tech lol, i got it though. Im not in to much of a rush I just wanna get my hands on a blackberry and the storm doesnt impress me-- so ill see what this Niagra's all about. thanks =]

ohh, and you can warm something up in the microwave with aluminum foil Edition, it just tends to spark and catch fire lmao :P
    02-14-09 08:06 PM
    No way

There have been lots of postings on this topic.
    You have to wait for the next version of a "son-of-bold" for Verizon
    Join the pack and come over to TM or ATT ... our folk are very friendly.
    02-14-09 08:21 PM
    Buy a Curve off ebay for a $100 - $125 and get the happy feeling going, Check out crackberry at 10 X a day and you will be ready to go when it gets here...

02-14-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD