- CrackBerry Master
- 1,456 Posts
How to keep trackball clean
I just picked one of these up, so my only experience prior was with the trackpad of the 9900. I love the relic but how does one keep the ball clean? Right now (besides my bis not connecting grrr) my issue is I can't scroll down. It was working fine until this morning.
And now the ball will physically move down but I can't I can't scroll, it makes using the phone impossible..
- 01-11-13, 10:40 AM #2
Once properly cleaned (or replaced) my solution was to never pocket it without a case or holster to avoid lint/debris. Also, be careful not to use the trackball with lotion or anything else on your hands.
Consider looking around for a couple other videos for additional tips that this video doesn't hit (search trackball blackberry 9000 clean) Another option as mentioned is to order a new trackball (or 2 or 3) and replace it.
It was recently pointed out to me that SugarSync was still in my signature, and no longer available for free. It was a nice (free) ride, SugarSync, but I'm seeing Box and Dropbox now, via BB10 integration.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-13-13, 02:55 PM #3
- 179 Posts
Try putting a microfiber cloth on it, then press down and roll the ball around. After a tiny bit you will be surprised how much gunk can get in them. I used to do this periodically to one of them I have, the other was never used enough to need it.
- By masterp428 in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 8Last Post: 11-25-09, 01:46 PM
- By kmrs75 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 05-05-08, 09:38 AM
- By Bla1ze in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 9Last Post: 03-29-08, 01:20 AM
- By MadsTolling in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-11-07, 02:37 AM
- By colaberry in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-18-07, 02:28 PM