Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how to easily/quickly turn on/off call forwarding?

Hello all -

I love my new Bold! It's been easy to setup and customize. I do have one question:

Is there a shortcut or quick way to turn on and off forwarding, or associate the forwarding with a profile? Whenever I am at my desk I forward my calls to my main number (it's actually a SkypeIn number) so that I can record calls, conference, use the wired headset, bring up video, etc. When I get up, I turn off the forward.

This happens quite a few times a day and I'm wondering - is there a way to have the call forwarding be part of a profile? Or, does anyone else have any tricky ideas for making this work? I don't mean to be too picky but going to the phone settings each time is a bit tedious!

Any ideas appreciated :smileyhappy:

thanks, Dave
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.H View Post
    Hello all -

I love my new Bold! It's been easy to setup and customize. I do have one question:

Is there a shortcut or quick way to turn on and off forwarding, or associate the forwarding with a profile? Whenever I am at my desk I forward my calls to my main number (it's actually a SkypeIn number) so that I can record calls, conference, use the wired headset, bring up video, etc. When I get up, I turn off the forward.

This happens quite a few times a day and I'm wondering - is there a way to have the call forwarding be part of a profile? Or, does anyone else have any tricky ideas for making this work? I don't mean to be too picky but going to the phone settings each time is a bit tedious!

Any ideas appreciated :smileyhappy:

thanks, Dave

May not be a perfect answer but could you just make two address book entries, one with the dialed number to forward on, the other with the number to forward off? You could even make both speed dials and turn it on/off with one button push.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." Unknown Army General
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20D02C55

Maybe quicklaunch will work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by drs155 View Post
    May not be a perfect answer but could you just make two address book entries, one with the dialed number to forward on, the other with the number to forward off? You could even make both speed dials and turn it on/off with one button push.
    That is really interesting. I didn't realize that there was a number I've been calling. I've been going to the phone app, options, etc. each time!

What is the number and how do I get it?
    thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask.....

Well, not really sure (sorry) just figuring from the standpoint that that is how call forwarding works.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." Unknown Army General
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by drs155 View Post
    Well, not really sure (sorry) just figuring from the standpoint that that is how call forwarding works.
    I poked around and there are a lot of references to special numbers you can dial to get call forwarding on and off! But I can't find anything specific to my ATT account.

does anyone know about this? thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default This worked like a champ for me on at&t

I set up these speed dials, or you could make the calls manually. I have a Bold 9700 with at&t wireless/Cingular.

Call forwarding ON: **21*<10 digit number to fwd to>#
    Call forwarding OFF: ##21#

Not sure if this has call forwarding turned on per my previous configuration or always unconditional. If it's always unconditional, there are certainly other codes to turn it on for busy, no answer, etc., but I don't know them.
    Last edited by yspm; 03-01-2010 at 05:39 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by yspm View Post
    I set up these speed dials, or you could make the calls manually. I have a Bold 9700 with at&t wireless/Cingular.

Call forwarding ON: **21*<10 digit number to fwd to>#
    Call forwarding OFF: ##21#

Not sure if this has call forwarding turned on per my previous configuration or always unconditional. If it's always unconditional, there are certainly other codes to turn it on for busy, no answer, etc., but I don't know them.
    I was having terrible trouble with my BB 8520 havnig had to rush from UK to NZ. Somewehre along teh way my calls all went to divert - but no phone options in my options list. Just did ##21# - and it worked! Thanks a lot!