For the past 10 years or so, I have had an Orange SIM-only contract with my Blackberry Bold 9000 running Blackberry operating system version 5.0.0.681. This old contract became relatively very expensive at 44 per month. I went into a local EE shop and was told I could get a more modern and much better deal with an EE contract for 12.90 per month which I was assured would work with my Blackberry. I signed up for this and was duly sent a new EE SIM on 5th November 2016. I duly inserted the SIM in my handset but was disappointed to find that while I could make and receive phone calls and texts, I could not receive e-mails nor access the Internet. I called EE Customer Services (CS) on 150 and the lady there told me that she had put Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) on my account and after 24 hours my emails should start working. Nothing happened so I phoned CS again the following day. The person I spoke to at CS said that the wrong type of BIS had been put on my account -- version 10 instead of version 5. I waited a further 24 hours and nothing happened so I called again. This time I was put through to a Level 2 technician who gave her name as Jade and gave me a reference number and said she would call me back as soon as the problem had been fixed. I am still waiting for that phone call three days later and I still cannot send or receive emails. I feel this is very unfair as I am paying for a service and not getting it. Please, can anyone at crackberry.com help me? Alternatively, is there any other phone provider in the UK able to put Blackberry Internet Service on my 9000?
    11-13-16 06:51 PM
    Can you go to an online chat from their support website and ask them to enable BlackBerry Internet Service - there is no version 10 of BIS. There's only one kind of BIS which is for all BlackBerry phones prior to OS 10. OS 10 phones do not use any kind of BIS at all, they are the same as normal phones.

Enabling BIS is a straightforward operation that should take the operative no more than 10 minutes and you should be up and running in 30 mins max. But then again, this is the UK we're talking about.
    11-14-16 07:33 AM
    Hi, The people at EE Customer Services say they don't know the settings to put BIS on to my account and are waiting to get them from Blackberry. Sadly, I get this awful feeling that I am just being fobbed off.
    11-14-16 08:56 AM
    First - try reboot your phone with battery out.
    Second - find in option - Host Routing Table and then click Menu button and Register Now
    12-12-16 10:06 PM
    First - try reboot your phone with battery out.
    Second - find in option - Host Routing Table and then click Menu button and Register Now
    This works for me when I'm on EE too.. i've had to call customer service too many times on that network. moved to Vodafone but the signal is crap *sighs*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    02-04-17 03:55 PM