Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I add application memory?

Hey guys, I'm a blackberry rookie and was trying to figure out how to create more space for application memory. My bold has a total of 859.2 mb with 692.9 mb of memory free, yet I only have 4.8 mb of application memory available. Is there anyway to increase that number, or am I stuck with this ridiculously small amount of memory?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    OT NOIR

only 4.8? It's a wonder you're able to use it at all. First of all, do a battery pull. NOW! That will help for starters.

Next, consider upgrading your OS (I'm assuming you're running whatever your Bold shipped with) - there is a wonderful how-to in the how-to & FAQ forum. (Search on "proper upgrade procedure")

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by serracloud View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a blackberry rookie and was trying to figure out how to create more space for application memory. My bold has a total of 859.2 mb with 692.9 mb of memory free, yet I only have 4.8 mb of application memory available. Is there anyway to increase that number, or am I stuck with this ridiculously small amount of memory?
    Forget the 692MB, that's for storage only and is no help for you available app memory.

You have something using a lot of memory. Be sure you close your apps using Close or Exit from their menus. As mentioned above, do a battery pull to reset the memory. An OS upgrade will help some, but the underlying issue will remain and still effect even the most efficient OS.
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...