Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hotmail stopped working, Email setup won't work either...

All my mail stopped coming in today. It was the first night I tried to turn off my 3G overnight to save battery. So later on my gmail kicked in. But my hotmail stopped (I have two accounts). I got an email for one account stating my password needs to be re-entered. Problem being when I go to setup my email I can't log in. I forgot my login stuff so I used my pin and IEM to get my password sent to me. Only I got an message saying I have NO ACCOUNT. But when I open the setup on my phone it says I have AN ACCOUNT and I CAN'T CREATE ONE.

I want to avoid calling Rogers, so any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

From what I know, bb and hotmail aren't the bestest of friends. So sometimes it might be glitchy. As opposed to trying to get your pwd and stuff, did you try to just send service books? Sometimes that works.

~LB

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hmm won't I need the email setup for that? Cause I lack the ability to use that now (eventually I guess I'll have to call and get my account from Rogers)

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts

I received a dataoutages alert earlier about hotmail/live email being down on BIS/BES. Don't know if it was resolved yet. Might want to check the dataoutages site.

CrackBerry Genius

I think they're still working on the outage because I just got another email request from Blackberry asking me to confirm my hotmail password. I must've tried 30 times earlier today and it wouldn't work. I'm trying again but it's really slow.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got two emails at different points in the day to re enter my hotmail password. I did it the first time and the second. I think its finally ok now. The second time I couldnt do it from my blackberry had to use my pc to do it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just to give my 2 pennies worth,yesturday hotmail ask me twice to re validate my accounts.Im on o2 in the uk,both occasions i used the setup email option and both occasions it worked,i normally only get 1 request
    To Berry or not to Berry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    PIN
    22FBE49C

Gotta go to the bis website on your pc for your carrier and re enter the password, i couldnt do it from my bold

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Got the same message for my hot mail account. Wouldn't let me re-enter password under email setup. So tried battery pull and that did nothing. Ended up having to totally delete it from my Bold, and then re-setup the account. Haven't had any more problems yet (keeps fingers crossed)

CrackBerry Abuser

Same thing happened to my hotmail account yesterday night. Got a email from bb saying I had to validate my hotmail account. Went into email settings and validated the hotmail account.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Disregard my last post. Hotmail is NOT working for me. Even went to msn website to check my emails and hasn't received any new ones there either.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

hmmm well hotmail.com is working for me and gmail is working.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

AWww nvm my gmail isn't sending form my phone (though I did get an email from the account today)

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

and now my gmail works... oh well tonight after work I'm getting to call Rogers Data and figuere out my email setup password or have them erase my old account so I can spent 15 mins and make a new one.

CrackBerry User

i believe there was something wrong with either rogers or the email setup thing yesterday, tried about an hour ago and everything is fine and working now
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2174a110

yesterday for me the hotmail website was down for quite some time.
    Also, I too was not able to receive any emails or access the email set up.
    I tried resending the service books online several times, and finally several hours later my device received all the emails i missed for that day.

Also, for rogers users, does anyone else have two email setups? i have one that says "e-mail settings", and another one which says "email settings"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Still not working for me

Mine stopped working yesterday to. I just got my first blackberry(curve 8330) last Thursday. Up until yesterday my BB would get my emails instantly. Now they sometimes come in 15 minutes and sometimes not at all. I've resent the service books and also deleted and re done my email account. I got the message yesterday telling me to validate my email account also. I did all it said to and still nothing. I'm going to US Cellular in a few minutes to see if they can do anything. It really makes me angry because i was really loving my new Blackberry.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

LOL I told my sister (she has a Curve 8900) she went into my email set up and within 10 seconds showed me my hotmail accounts where invalid. I re-entered my passwords and received about 50 emails in 10 seconds.

So I guess Rogers just has an issue with BIS email that happened the same time my account went invalid.

But problem solved thanks for the support and thoughts of Rogers being crappy which they where!

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by idfx View Post
    yesterday for me the hotmail website was down for quite some time.
    Also, I too was not able to receive any emails or access the email set up.
    I tried resending the service books online several times, and finally several hours later my device received all the emails i missed for that day.

Also, for rogers users, does anyone else have two email setups? i have one that says "e-mail settings", and another one which says "email settings"
    The one i used is "E-Mail Settings".
    CrackBerry Newbie

US Cellulasr resent my Service books which i had already done. Didn't change anything still takes me 15 minutes on average to get my emails from hotmail. Is this normal?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

My hotmail comes in within secs even when i forward an email to myself.

I used email settings as well and went to the account setup and re-entered my password.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    207b3eed

I got tired of all the troubles of hotmail on my bold a few month ago. I just have it forwarded to my rogers account and no worries , I don't send lots of emails for that account so no worries for me

23. MaZ
    CrackBerry User

I had the same problem with hotmail a couple of days ago. Asked me to validate my account twice in 4 days, and emails took forever to reach ...

It works perfectly now *fingers crossed*

But I'm not on Rogers or AT&T, etc
    CrackBerry Newbie

Mine still takes like 15 minutes so I signed up with gmail and I get those instantly. I don't know why my hotmail is so slow. I tried to have my hotmail forwarded to my gmail but it won't allow it so I tried to forward it to my uscellular.blackberry.com but it wouldn't allow that either.