Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree1Likes
  1. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default HELP! blackberry bold will not turn on!

    i just got my unlocked at&t blackberry bold in the mail yesterday. anyway, the phone was on for about 15 minutes only and then i switched it off, opened the battery case and took out the battery to change the SIM card. afterwards the new SIM card was placed in, i placed the battery back, and then from then on my bold will not turn on. i am positive that my battery still has power because i charged it prior to using the device. the device just acts as if there is no battery in there right now. no screen, no LED light..nothing at all! i have seen some others have also encountered this problem on these forums, but none of the solutions offered worked for me. has anyone else had this same problem and managed to find a solution for it? i would hate to have to ship it back and see if i can get a new one (i am overseas right now).

    please any help will be greatly appreciated!

    -tim

    EDIT: by the way, i have 2 bolds, the bold that isnt turning on is bold A and i have a perfectly working on lets call it bold B. i switched the battery of bold A into bold B and bold B powered up without any problems. then, i switched the battery of bold B into bold A...as expected, bold A still isnt powering up. still no screen no LED..nothing.
    Last edited by waterboi92; 02-15-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: additonal information
  2. ST79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,062 Posts
    PIN
    PM Me !!
    #2  

    Default

    I don't know what went wrong with your phone. You could get a replacement if you are in the first 30 days of your contract, can't you?
    Good Luck !

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    i didnt sign a contract, i bought this phone unlocked, it was originally from AT&T USA.

    any ideas?
  4. ST79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,062 Posts
    PIN
    PM Me !!
    #4  

    Default

    Could be an OS problem.... Not sure though. How abt wiping the device and reloading the OS? I think its worth a try..
    Oops.. But how can we wipe it if it is not powering up??

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ST79; 02-15-2009 at 05:18 AM.
  5. aka.arj's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    270 Posts
    PIN
    -
    #5  

    Default

    try removing the battery and try giving the battery a jolt with a live wire for a second .... and then see if the phone starts up....
  6. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ST79 View Post
    Could be an OS problem.... Not sure though. How abt wiping the device and reloading the OS? I think its worth a try..
    Oops.. But how can we wipe it if it is not powering up??

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you correct, my computer cannot recognize the device because it has not power. errgh! so trying to reload the OS isnt an option. its like the phone just.....DIED!
  7. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka.arj View Post
    try removing the battery and try giving the battery a jolt with a live wire for a second .... and then see if the phone starts up....
    i know it is not battery because ive placed the batteries between two identical bolds and the other bold works fine using the battery of the bold that is dead.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Totally dead suggests a problem around the battery contacts, or the pcb fried itself when you switched the SIM (unlikely). Take a close look at the contacts, look fro a bent pickup and compare with the working phone.

    Otherwise - its dead on arrival, contact your supplier.
  9. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by branta View Post
    Totally dead suggests a problem around the battery contacts, or the pcb fried itself when you switched the SIM (unlikely). Take a close look at the contacts, look fro a bent pickup and compare with the working phone.

    Otherwise - its dead on arrival, contact your supplier.
    but if it has something to do with the battery contacts then when i plug the phone into USB or wall socket, it should have power, no?
  10. Nick_Monger's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    268 Posts
    PIN
    GU
    #10  

    Default

    have you tried powering it up without a SIM card in at all? And what happens if you connect your BOLD to your PC via USB without a Battery in? The PC should still recognise the BOLD.
  11. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmonger View Post
    have you tried powering it up without a SIM card in at all? And what happens if you connect your BOLD to your PC via USB without a Battery in? The PC should still recognise the BOLD.
    i have tried without a SIM card in the device. no luck!

    nothing happens when i connect my bold to Pc via USB without battery.

    the pc does not respond as it does not recognize any device being connected to the system!

  12. Nick_Monger's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    268 Posts
    PIN
    GU
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waterboi92 View Post
    i have tried without a SIM card in the device. no luck!

    nothing happens when i connect my bold to Pc via USB without battery.

    the pc does not respond as it does not recognize any device being connected to the system!

    yikes...sounds bad. hopesome can help you!
  13. era3z's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    173 Posts
    PIN
    Ask ;)
    #13  

    Default

    sounds a hardware failure....... you buy it from AT&T, they gave you some guarantee........right?
  14. giantfan30's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I had the same issue with this bold I'm typing on. I plugged it into a wall charger and left it
    Alone for a couple hours. It then started up no problem. I'm not the only person who has had this issue
    Lemme guess you didn't full charge the battery like RIM says you should
    Calm down and charge the phone from an AC power supply it worked for me
    I had the EXACT same issues that you are having

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  15. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giantfan30 View Post
    I had the same issue with this bold I'm typing on. I plugged it into a wall charger and left it
    Alone for a couple hours. It then started up no problem. I'm not the only person who has had this issue
    Lemme guess you didn't full charge the battery like RIM says you should
    Calm down and charge the phone from an AC power supply it worked for me
    I had the EXACT same issues that you are having

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i left the phone with the wall socket cable plugged in the charge socket for the bold for the night (9 hours). still no sign of reviving this phone

    your phone died, no screen, no LED light..nothing at all too?
    and leaving it charging with the wall charger solved the problem?

    ergh...how many hours did you leave it charging?
  16. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    from all of the tests ive done, it seems as if the problem lies with the bold itself, not the computer, not the usb cable, not the battery. (i have 2 bolds so i could switch parts around). all of the parts, through trial and error, all point towards the bold being faulty. anyone with a fix? pretty please!?
  17. BlankBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Its not the battery guys got nothing to do with it...He said it worked before swapping sim cards..
    If you take the battery out of the bold & plug it into the pc you should get the RED LED on the phone..If not I'm guessing shes toast...

    Try taking the sim card out battery out check the sim card see if its dirty use a erasure and gently clean the sim card contacts...
    Smell the inside of the bb with the cover off where the sim card goes if it smells burnt she's prolly toast..Plug the battery into the BB does it get hot..?
    Obviously if its unlocked you aint got no warrenty :\
  18. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlankBerry View Post
    Its not the battery guys got nothing to do with it...He said it worked before swapping sim cards..
    If you take the battery out of the bold & plug it into the pc you should get the RED LED on the phone..If not I'm guessing shes toast...

    Try taking the sim card out battery out check the sim card see if its dirty use a erasure and gently clean the sim card contacts...
    Smell the inside of the bb with the cover off where the sim card goes if it smells burnt she's prolly toast..Plug the battery into the BB does it get hot..?
    Obviously if its unlocked you aint got no warrenty :\
    i dont smell any thing burnt. also, shouldnt the bold power up even without a SIM card and/or if the SIM card is improperly installed? also the SIM card works fine in the other bold. the bold doesnt get hot with the battery inside, its cold as a dead body..acts like one to.
  19. BlankBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    161 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    That was my next question if the sim worked in ur other phone..But yeah the phone "should" turn on without the card.
    Sounds dead to me..Sorry bud..
  20. waterboi92's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    well, i take comfort in knowing that im not the only person on these forums that have had to send their blackberry back due to the same situation.

    so its a pretty common fault..
  21. mub786's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #21  

    Angry

    same problem,
    cant fix it. i got it from ebay and my network provider unable to fix it as its not my phone.
    so i have lost my money and phone.
  22. meddoc101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    PIN
    It is what it is
    #22  

    Default

    My bold did the same thing TWICE! I just left it alone for 2 days and it came back on. Now it refuses to come back on after 3 days. I think its gone now and it seems like there is a problem with the Bold that RIM is not fixing as alot of people have this problem!
    I will die without my blackberry as it is LIFE
  23. peninc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    This same thing happened to me last night...Its seems like theres no fix for it. I feel like a widower
  24. DemnZ's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Hi 2 everyone !
    Have same problem with Bold . It seems like hardware problem . May be voltage controller has failed . Is there solution to replace it ( I mean rehot will not help for me ) ? First time I think it's software problem , but couldn't find solution for solve . I understand that it is hardware fault when next one Bold is die . So looking forward on solution with hope .
    ( Sorry for my English )
  25. lrgtexn's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default Blackberry will not turn on

    the best way to fix this is to pull ur battery out and leave it out over night
    the next morning it will come back.. I have had to do this a couple of times and it works happened to me night before last. So i know it works!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions