CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Goodbye Bold 9000.

I recently changed my bezel and blacked out my Bold in hopes of getting excited about it again. But I realized im just bored of the 9000. My LCD screen broke in the process and luckily my friend let me borrow his 9000, but as soon as I replace my LCD, ill be putting my beloved 9000 up for sale.

Its been the best phone I have ever owned and has been a true workhorse. But im just bored of the Blackberry OS. I never upgraded to 5.0 and wanted to wait until ATT released their official 5.0, but it looks like that might not even happen with 6.0 coming soon. I figure ill buy another phone outright for the next year or two and hopefully by the time my contract is up (in one year) a new BB that can be a 'real upgrade' over the 9000 is out, but at the moment it seems like RIM is just behind everyone else.

I have my eyes set on the Motorola Shadow (Nexus 2) which should be released in the next month or two. As much as I hate touch screens, they are fun once in a while, and hopefully I can get used to the keyboard.

Goodbye 9000 forum for now. You have been great to me.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts

I felt the same way, but I purchased a Droid, the original.
    Have Fun with your Motorola Shadow!
    Perhaps life is just that...a dream and a fear.
    CrackBerry User

You're not a tru blackberry (in this case - bold) lover.
    Blackberry is what it is. Love it or hate it. I love my bold and will never sell it. Phones come for free with contracts so why sell the older device. Surely you can't be that cheap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    PM Me !!

Enjoy your new phone ...

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

I dont get your logic... You're tired of the Blackberry Bold 9000 but hope that by next year a "true" upgrade is out. What's that supposed to mean? There isn't a blackberry out there that has anything over the 9000 aside from a better camera or memory. You can still surf the same browser etc...

I upgrade to OS 5.0 long ago all you have to do is delete the vendor.xml file. There's no difference between carriers regarding upgrades. There isn't much difference between leaked and official OS's either. Official releases are just leaked OS that are tested and then given the official stamp.

It seems like you are tired of blackberry in general. OS 6.0 hasn't even been shown in great detail. From what I saw, it is optimized for the Storm/Touch models, and even then it's very similar to the current OS.

Enjoy your new phone I guess, but can I ask what you plan to do with it, that you couldn't do with your bold?
    CrackBerry User

The only time i ever wanted to give up my bold was when it was nuked ....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just want to reiterate what's already said about OS 5.0. No need to wait for a official ATT release. There's nothing unofficial about the versions available now. Don't be upset with ATT when OS 5.0 is already available to you.

Enjoy your new phone...in 2 months or whenever it comes out.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by hooliginz View Post
    You're not a tru blackberry (in this case - bold) lover.
    Blackberry is what it is. Love it or hate it. I love my bold and will never sell it. Phones come for free with contracts so why sell the older device. Surely you can't be that cheap

Im selling it because who cant use extra cash for something you will never use again. Its foolish to keep something that will collect dust and never see daylight again, I need to sell it while there is demand. I kept my two 8100's and Curve's and I havent used them for anything besides as remote controls for my HTPC via bluctrl. And im still in contract so I will most likely buying the phone outright for $400-600.

Yes im a true BB lover, ive had a BB for the last 5 years. But really, it seems like ive had the same exact phone for 5 years even though I upgrade every year or so. Its like I have been upgrading keyboards (3g on the 9000 is useless to me)

I say I hope there is a 'true' BB upgrade because well, I still think the 9000 is the best BB out right now, even the upcoming entry level Pearl has the same tech specs as the 9700.

As far as what I would be gaining in my next phone here are unconfirmed specs:

* 4.3 FWVGA (854 x 480) screen
    * TI OMAP 3630, which has the PowerVR SGX530 GPU
    * 8MP camera with Dual LED
    * 720p recording
    * 512MB RAM
    * FM Radio
    * GPS
    * HDMI port
    * USB port
    * Android 2.1 running Moto Blur with 7 homescreens
    * Very thin and light
    * 4 physical buttons on front (Back, Menu, Home, Search)
    * Slated for a June release for Verizon if everything goes well

This stuff seems like its light years ahead of a RIM device.

I dont know why people may have been offended by my first post. I was just saying goodbye and thank you to this forum.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

lol, HDMI port and USB port? and very thin and light? I dunno about that....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts
    PIN
    2825ACB5

I'm leaving the Bold 9000 fam too (sorryyyy) and switching to the Bold 9700. I'll miss the 9000 fam though.
    Proud owner of:
    MacBook Pro on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
    Bold 9900 on 7.1.0.205
    Beta-tester!
    Yeah, I'm a CoD gamer. So what?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

the things that are keeping with BB are BBM and Push email.
    CrackBerry User

My first BB was a curve, after 6 months switch to the bold 9700, at the beginning was great, something I didn't like was typing with the tip of my nails, small screen and very delicated to be handle. I decided to switch and go for the Bold. This 9000 is great! Not much memory but not a problem to me. Trackball not an issue, would it be great having a trackpad but that wouldn't make me change my new BB, 3G is the same and hearing quality amazing.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,086 Global Posts

I get bored with my Bold 9000, but not getting rid of it. Best phone, just waiting for new, same size.
    Another Day in Paradise
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    no more :(

Ill give u a $1 USD for ur bold!
    Kevin-
    OS 5.0.0.822
    How To Install bbsak/.cod
    Due to government regulations, positional information is delayed by 5 minutes.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

Hoping you'll be back at some point.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Enjoy the new phone - I'm betting you'll miss the Bold in a couple of weeks..

I wouldn't change my Bold for anything else right now apart from maybe a free swap for a 9700! The only things on your new phone I might want on my Bold is the big screen, flash and a better camera.
    CrackBerry User

Im from Hungary,im 17 years old BlackBerry Expert and i,ve become my bb 5 mounths ago.I,ve never heard of BB until dec.24 but now i can say: I LOVE BLACKBERRY SMARTPHONES! The phone was by at&t runs the official 5.0 OS from Azercell and i'm using it by the carrier Telenor Hungary and i never wanna sell it.
    CrackBerry Master

This is like buying a ferrari and wanting to sell it cause it's almost out of gas, but you've never bothered to learn how to fill up the tank.

CrackBerry Newbie

After years of iPhone I decided to switch to BB and bought Storm2 as I was used to touch screen. But realised that Storm was no where near iPhone in touch screen technology. Then I set my eye on Bold. Traded it with my storm without remorse and have been stuck since. Have long forgotten storm and yes iPhone too. Thank u Bold. Running on hybrid 5.0.0.643! Wat a breeze!

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    PIN
    21B6167D

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedDot View Post
    This is like buying a ferrari and wanting to sell it cause it's almost out of gas, but you've never bothered to learn how to fill up the tank.

Great Analogy hahah
    CrackBerry Newbie

Dude, why would you want to give up what I consider to be the most beautiful BB model made, both inside and out? The only reason I don't have one right now is I can't afford one. (Hey, the kids just got braces!) If you want to get rid of it so badly, give it to me...I'll use it, and use it a lot!