Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is it a good idea to buy or unlock blackberry

I was wondering if there is any cons about buying an unlocked blackberry 9000 or any blackberry like whn you join a network will the recongize the phone as thiers and can you still use bbm and other things? Really I just want o kno anything negative about getting it unlocked
    thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

Quote Originally Posted by Shottasmith View Post
    I was wondering if there is any cons about buying an unlocked blackberry 9000 or any blackberry like whn you join a network will the recongize the phone as thiers and can you still use bbm and other things? Really I just want o kno anything negative about getting it unlocked
    thanks

Absolutely no cons....you just need to make sure that the Blackberry you buy is compatible with your Network, if so then all features will work as long as you have a Blackberry Data Plan (BIS or BES).
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Ok thank you very much for your help

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    head Gunpowder

Just to point out that an unlocked phone is unnecessary if you do not travel out of the country or if you use it exclusively with the carrier it is locked to. The only negative of buying an already unlocked phone is that they're usually more expensive, so if you have the choice of purchasing a phone locked to your carrier or an unlocked one and that one is more expensive, go with the locked one. You can always get an unlock code for free from the carrier if you need to unlock it in the future.
    I like turtles.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFecks View Post
    Just to point out that an unlocked phone is unnecessary if you do not travel out of the country or if you use it exclusively with the carrier it is locked to. The only negative of buying an already unlocked phone is that they're usually more expensive, so if you have the choice of purchasing a phone locked to your carrier or an unlocked one and that one is more expensive, go with the locked one. You can always get an unlock code for free from the carrier if you need to unlock it in the future.
    Assuming you're using it on the same carrier that the phone originated from..then yes you're 100% right. Alot of our customers are weary of unlocking their phones because they think they'll do something wrong and fry it. Its REALLY hard to not follow the detailed instructions properly, but some people are more comfortable with buying a phone thats already unlocked rather than doing it themselves
    Visit us for all of your Unlocking Solutions at: TheRemoteUnlocker.com
    Always offering $10 unlock codes!!

Call us in Toronto at 647.478.7505 OR TOLL-FREE in the US at 1.877.806.2088, or Email us at sales@theremoteunlocker.com
    Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    KY AND THE BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN...

NoahFecks has good point though. Unlocked phones are always more expensive. It's true that a lot of people buy phones that did not originate from their own carrier. In cases like those I'd be inclined to buy a locked phone anyway if it's cheaper and unlock it myself to make it work on my carrier. Unlock codes are really cheap these days if the company the phone is locked to won't give you one for free.

CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    29,676 Global Posts

There are also some contests here on CB for free unlock codes. You might want to take a chance on winning one. I won one.