CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Getting a double envelope for text messages

Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? When I get a new SMS text or mark an old text as unread, I'm getting two identical envelope icons at the top of the screen. It only happens with texts not emails. This never used to happen but I recently did a factory reset on my Bold.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

With a message icon open, go to the menu, Options>General Options, and be sure that SMS and Email are set to Separate.
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by bt224 View Post
    With a message icon open, go to the menu, Options>General Options, and be sure that SMS and Email are set to Separate.
    Yes, they're separate. It's not a case of emails and texts being combined, it's a case that when I get a text message, I get two of those slanted envelope icons at the top of the screen instead of one. The same thing happens if I mark an old text as unread.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Have you tried a battery pull?
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you May be considered

I was also getting that the other day. Not sure what caused it but after I pulled the battery it went away.

Your talking about the 2 sms icons next to each other right? Cause that's what mine was doing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bt224 View Post
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    Yep that seemed to do it. I hadn't thought of a battery pull since I just wiped my phone and presumed it didn't need one (plus this has never happened before).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you May be considered

Yeah it freaked me out too I was like what the ****... But you know the moto. "When in doubt pull the battery out"

CrackBerry User

Same thing happened to me, right after I changed from a theme with combine sms/email to seperate.
    BP fixed it.