Finally got a brand new 9000 ! (pics)
10-11-13 07:22 AM
- 01-08-13 10:56 PM
- Yes it seems memory and the speed of the 9000 is the main differences. If I had never used a 9900 I wouldn't have noticed so much. As for the battery, I had 75% left after two days of light use.
Update on the genuine battery I bought off ebay. After opening it from the packaging it seemed lighter in weight, longer and wider than my original. It wouldn't fit in my 9000 either and didn't want to force it. It seems like the seller was trying to pull a fast one as I messaged him and he said sorry and that he'd send another out ASAP. The listing on ebay stressed that it was a genuine BlackBerry battery :s01-10-13 05:30 AM
Brand new ones have sold for in the 40's here in the UK on ebay which isn't bad. At this point I must focus on BB10 though01-10-13 05:37 AM
- 01-10-13 09:37 AM
- i still think the 9000 sounds clearer when playing music, but perhaps not as loud. Even ringing tones as well. But overall, still loving it. I just got a black bezel for my 9000. haha. The 9000 gave me my very first BB experience, before I had been an iphone user for a couple of year, before deciding to get a 9000 due to work requirement. But I got hooked by its efficiency within weeks. Soon after I got a 9900 when it came out. Followed by a bunch of other BB as well. The loudest speaker I've heard on a phone i think goes to the Storm 9500 I had briefly. hahaha. Yes, a Storm.
I wonder if anyone is buying the first Storm to use, since it is significant in the way that it was RIM's first venture into the touch screen market. Which should make it a nice comparison to the first full touch BB phone using the BB10 platform. hahahaha.01-12-13 06:24 AM
- Sadly I do not have a decent camera at the moment so do bear with me. But I didn't actually buy a black bezel. I bought this bold 9000 only because it was really cheap. It wasn't in great condition, with peeling on the bezel from drops, and peeling on the frets on the keyboard. The left and right convenience keys are both dead, while the volume down buttons requires additional pressure to work. Other than that, everything else was working fine.
So i took it apart and gave the bezel a new look, by sanding the silver coating out. With a combination of rough and fine sand paper, plus a bit of polish, I was able to achieve a black bezel with a sort of wooden texture. Which is quite a nice combination to the leather batter cover. Then i also scrapped the chrome on the frets of the keyboard out as well to achieve an almost all black look.
Then the light on the right side of the navigation buttons are out too, meaning no back lighting on the back and end call key. So I just took out the left side as well, giving it a more uniformed look. Contemplated on buying a black trackpad, but decided against it. White trackpad looks nicer in the dark imo. hahaha.01-12-13 06:26 PMLike 2
- Thanks for pics, even though you didn't have a good camera. Looks really awesome.
I think ill either buy a black bezel or follow your lead with mine. Although right now I gave up on mine because I can't get bis service live when on cell reception through tmobile. Oh and the track wheel won't scroll down..
So I reverted back to android until I get the bis issue fixed and clean the track wheel. Maybe next weekend.. after vacay.. although then it will almost be bb10 time (can't wait!)01-12-13 08:23 PM
- yeah! finally it came today in the mail!
the courier guys did an amazing job that it took me not more than 24hrs to get my hands on this new beauty. as promised, here are some pics. sorry for the lack of quality though, i took the pics using my Playbook. got too excited that i didn't even think of doing any adjustments to get better quality pics. well, here you go
Attachment 128814 unusual packaging
Attachment 128815 looks legit
Attachment 128816 it's legit!
Attachment 128817 eye-candy, maybe?
it's still charging now, can't wait to get it out for a little play!01-13-13 03:53 PM
BLACKBERRY RED TRACKBALL BOLD 9000 & CURVE 8900 - ROLLERBALL/JOYSTICK | eBay
The good thing about the older bolds are that they are pretty easy to take apart. so almost anything can be changed. hahaha.01-14-13 06:49 PM
I am fairly new here and this is my first post. I am really enjoying this topic of the bold 9000 and my username pretty much sums it all. I have had my bold 9000 since 21st April 2009 (3.5 years precisely) and still use it as my daily phone. I am not prepared to swap it for another and even if I do decide to go for the 9900 at a later date, I will still keep the 9000 for future classic. The only problem I have had so far with the 9000 is the side volume button which stopped working all of a sudden. Basically, it does not adjust volume anymore and I have read somewhere on a forum that this issue was particular with this model of Blackberry. Apart from that, the phone is still as strong as the first day I purchased it despite the fact that I am still running the old software v4.6. Since the phone is ageing, I have decided to change the Benzel/Battery cover/keypad/trackball just to rejuvenate the look because it has suffered from severe scratches.
I have looked on ebay and seen couple of kits but the problem is that they are too cheap to be real (RIM) stuff. Can anyone confirm is this one is actually the OEM BB stuff. For a phone of this calibre, I would not like to buy a cheap Chinese knock-off. If this is not the real deal, can anyone point me to a reputable seller who sells genuine OEM BB parts? Link below: HOUSING SET FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000 BEZEL/BATTERYCOVER/KEYPAD/TRACKBALL | eBay. Can anyone advice me on the best cost effective way to repair the redundant side volume button of my 9000.
Thanks!01-18-13 12:41 AM
- Hey chaps
It's been a long time since I've come back to this thread and my 9000.
I decided to have a play with my 9000 a while ago and found it wouldn't turn on. It has a black screen at all times with 1 led followed by 4 fast leds.
It wont connect to...
BlackBerry desktop manager
I'm pretty sure the usb socket isn't damaged as its a brand new phone that has hardly been used as you can see in the pics.
Has anyone got any suggestions as to what may be going wrong & what I could try next?
Last edited by Ben1232; 04-27-13 at 09:10 AM.04-27-13 08:58 AM
- Been there, did you charged it ? I had a similar problem and just left the thing plugged for a long while and it came back to life. It's funny how things are, I currently own an iPhone 4 and a Galaxy as well and my favorite still the good old 9000 ! I'm currently selling them all but the Bold 9000, call me old fashion and whatnot but the simplicity and real 'just messaging' features still are hard to match, even by today's standards. Good luck with your deal....05-03-13 10:09 AM
- just aquired a second hand bold 9000. first bb I've owned.buying a playbook helped my choice.its afa tastic phone.I've unlocked it from vodaphone and setup bb plan and updated to 5.0 .don't mind that there isn't enough application memory after 5.0 update.as I don't use many apps just love having my email with me.suchan easy phone to use.picked up new battery on ebay really cheap.you can't beat a bb phone and a quirty keyboard in my opinion.05-03-13 03:56 PM
- having an issue with my wi-fi and bold 9000.when I first set it up with my router through wi-fi it worked fine.the wi-fi symbol top right of screen would be dulled out untill connected securely with bb network and would go bright white.lately it will connect to wifi but won't go bright white.and to clarify this I went into manage connections and when I click on wi-fi it has a green tick on the left and the router name in green when it conne ts through the wi-fi to bb servers a green tick appears on the righthand side of the wifi connection but all that's there is a white hyphon.no matter what I try including a battery pull and resetting my router I cannot get a green tick in this box can anyone help.thankyou in advance05-03-13 04:08 PM
- 05-05-13 03:06 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Bold 9000
Finally got a brand new 9000 ! (pics)
- By Yeagerbomb3 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 10Last Post: 05-07-10, 12:04 PM
- By wiseguy47 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 9Last Post: 12-20-09, 10:07 AM
- By mchlna in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 4Last Post: 11-08-09, 04:54 PM
- By RyMac04 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 10Last Post: 09-05-09, 07:55 PM
- By M.J.H. in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 31Last Post: 12-10-08, 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD