Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    PIN
    Sold my Berry :(
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Farewell!

Well, I've done it! After long deliberation, I've finally decided to sell my good 'ol bold 9000 and purchase the moto backflip. Yes, I've read all of the reviews. All I have to say about that is that the reviews were too critical. The phone is not slow or laggy, and the keyboard is superb. I do not understand all of the negativity directed at this phone's internal hardware. It is, for me, rather fast and snappy. And I have used my friend's Droid... To tell you the truth, that phone was also laggy in the menus. All in all, I dont regret my decision at all. I'm loving the OS on the backflip, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the release of 2.1 for it! Oh, and the Browser is heavenly compared to the Bold's! As we speak, my blacked-out bold is eagerly awaiting a lucky buyer on ebay. No regrets about this decision!

I just want to thank everyone in this forum for all of their kindness and support... I've gotten thru many many problems with your help and advice! Thanks for everything!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

You'll be back. Soon.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Christ... Anything but a backflip

I mean, I could see an iPhone... or even dumping AT&T to get a Droid/Droid Eris... But a BACKFLIP?

C'mon, who even approved that design? A backwards trackpad... Yeah... That's SO useful (spoiler alert: It's not)

Enjoy your LED lit charging port
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    PIN
    iMessenger

Hey its up to you. But selling youre 9000 for a Motorola? hmmmmm.
    iPhone 4S Jailbroken
    iPad 3rd Generation Jailbroken
    Apple TV
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLsplash View Post
    Christ... Anything but a backflip

I mean, I could see an iPhone... or even dumping AT&T to get a Droid/Droid Eris... But a BACKFLIP?

C'mon, who even approved that design? A backwards trackpad... Yeah... That's SO useful (spoiler alert: It's not)

It's really not that bad when you try it, and you dont even have to use the trackpad if it doesn't appeal to you.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    You'll be back. Soon.
    Maybe... it all depends on how impressive the BB Slider is, and how good OS 6.0 will prove to be
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

So you got rid of your bold for a backflip. that phone drains the life out a battery. it constantly pulls feeds from online. i agree with the others you will be back and you will regret it. a bold is a overall good phone. backflip is just for show.
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

I am going to take the opposite approach than the "you'll be back" crowd and
    simply wish you the best with your choice. As long as it performs for you that is
    all that really matters.

Also, stick around and visit our Android Forum. Your input and firsthand
    experience will be of value.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLsplash View Post
    lol ricer I mean they put leds everywhere these days.

Looks like a good phone tho.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by amazinglygraceless View Post
    I am going to take the opposite approach than the "you'll be back" crowd and
    simply wish you the best with your choice. As long as it performs for you that is
    all that really matters.

Also, stick around and visit our Android Forum. Your input and firsthand
    experience will be of value.
    Thanks, I will definitely stick around Perhaps I will come back to blackberry, but I just wanted a new experience. With BB OS 6.0 right around the corner (hopefully!), you never know what the future holds for RIM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K TACO

See you in a few months...=0)
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K on the inside

To the OP, toodles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well done luke31!

Come on guys, I have a bold abd in my personal opinion (no flames being ignited here just simply my view), RIM has been left behind. I'll put it to you this way, I co-own a small business (accounting/finance/financial planning etc.).. it is a family buisness, it is my father, my brother and myself. Anywho, 3 weeks ago we set up a small business server and the exchange with all the bits and pieces.. I was very, very shocked to see that my brothers Iphone and my dads HTC could connect to the exchange simply, get live information from there email, calendar, contacts etc. Me on the other hand, with the berry, could not.. The only way to do this is to dish out a large lump of cash which quite frankly, i am not prepared to do.

I did hear about the new BES Express, which cannot be installed by someone like myself (basic computer knowledge) and has to be installed by an IT guy, takes up ALOT of ram on the server.. and to be honest, a whole lot of someones time. Why would anyone put themselves through it when they can go to the store, pickup any other PDA on the market, pull it out of the box, input a few details and BANG, they are up and running with their business in there hands anywhere they go.

Sorry, i just needed to vent my frustration!

I did go off topic by far! Congratulations luke31! I hope you enjoy your new device!
    CrackBerry User

I hate how slow my bb is sometimes and it lags so much even when locking/unlocking the phone. I've listed my phone up for sale, will be buying a HTC HD2 after selling it I also hate how difficult it is too develop applications for BlackBerry phones, the windows mobile sdk is so much easier to work with.

Will miss the awesome keyboard and email features on the bold
    Last edited by hazelbase; 03-17-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Blackberry BOLD (9000) OS4.6.0.247
    CrackBerry Master

WTF is a "reverse trackpad"?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,065 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedDot View Post
    WTF is a "reverse trackpad"?
    It's the trackpad on the back of the display. Don't ask why they felt the need to not only include a trackpad for a touch screen device but also put it on the back of the display. Seems kind of awkward.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry User

Yep, I must agree....you will be back. In a flash. My friend has that phone and hates it. She traded in her Curve for it and regrets doing so everyday. Not everyone can be like me and make a wise decision to get a 9700.
    "When you move past your fears and you go after your dreams wholeheartedly, you become free."

"Enjoy the little things. One day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Couldnt agree more with these comments, but....

Quote Originally Posted by jayt04 View Post
    Well done luke31!

Come on guys, I have a bold abd in my personal opinion (no flames being ignited here just simply my view), RIM has been left behind. I'll put it to you this way, I co-own a small business (accounting/finance/financial planning etc.).. it is a family buisness, it is my father, my brother and myself. Anywho, 3 weeks ago we set up a small business server and the exchange with all the bits and pieces.. I was very, very shocked to see that my brothers Iphone and my dads HTC could connect to the exchange simply, get live information from there email, calendar, contacts etc. Me on the other hand, with the berry, could not.. The only way to do this is to dish out a large lump of cash which quite frankly, i am not prepared to do.

I did hear about the new BES Express, which cannot be installed by someone like myself (basic computer knowledge) and has to be installed by an IT guy, takes up ALOT of ram on the server.. and to be honest, a whole lot of someones time. Why would anyone put themselves through it when they can go to the store, pickup any other PDA on the market, pull it out of the box, input a few details and BANG, they are up and running with their business in there hands anywhere they go.

Sorry, i just needed to vent my frustration!

I did go off topic by far! Congratulations luke31! I hope you enjoy your new device!
    I couldn't agree more with these comments, but I thought I would chime in and also say that if you spend the resources (time + money) to have an IT guy install BESX, you will be very happy with the overall results of having your BB work like it was truly designed to do. We are in a similar position as you (small company with our own server running Exchange) and everyone but me could access Exchange with their phones right off the bat and sync everything while I had to limp along with just the OWA interface to get emails and couldn't do OTA syncs. The company bit the bullet and installed BPS (Blackberry Professional Software) which was a free download with one free license to allow me to work with my BB. Other than BPS not supporting HTML email, it has worked like a champ for us. So much so, that some of the other users have decided to drop their iPhones and WinMo devices and get BBs. So luckily, RIM introduced BESX which will support HTML email and other BB users at no cost to the company except for paying the contract IT guy to install it for us. Trust me, if you become heavy users of email (especially with multiple accounts), calendar, contacts, etc., BB is the way to go.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

to each its own. but overall, not a wise decision imo. i would have even thought about opting for the iphone 3gs before settling on the moto backflip. oh well, hope you enjoy the android.
    {"for better for worse,for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health,cherish,and to obey,trust u and respect u,love you faithfully good times and bad times,care and protect u,comfort and encourage,stay with for all eternity"}
    _american in the usa_
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,815 Global Posts

Backflip looked cool, but I thought it was kind of gimmicky. However, still kind of cool too. The trackpad (which you only have to use if you even want to) on the back is weird and unusual, yes, but it works just fine and it's actually not as awkward as it sounds. I tried one out...seriously, some of you act like you are scared to death of it on here. If it were required to work the phone, I could see why some would worry/complain, but come on.

In the end I decided I would just wait and try to be patient for the sexy HTC Desire to hit AT&T in either black/brown, or silver.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    TOS w/ 351 Clevelands RULE

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Well, I've done it! After long deliberation, I've finally decided to sell my good 'ol bold 9000 and purchase the moto backflip.
    As long as you're content with your new phone and it does what you want then hats off to you.
    Hopefully RIM won't go bankrupt.
    Depression is anger without enthusiasm.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,435 Global Posts

Enjoy your phone........not for me, but no one asked. I love my 9700!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,092 Global Posts

OK. Buh Bye!
    Another Day in Paradise
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Would it have killed you folks to just wish the OP well without the fanboy
    "you''ll be back" or "buh bye" comments.

Enough piling on.....