Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Device Switch - Curve to Bold - Assistance

First off let me say that I have searched the forums for this answer before posting the question here - my search results have not fully satisfied my querry so here goes:

Getting a Bold sometime in next week or so - - If I am upgrading from a Curve to the Bold and I use DM Switch Device Wizard will some settings from my Curve mess up the Bold - - seems to me somewhere that someone did this and it screwed up the proper Browser settings in the Bold. I use Outlook as my PIM - I could simply do a sync with the new Bold to get address book, calendar, and notes over to the Bold and not utilize the Switch Device Wizard - - any suggestions?

Also does the Swich Device Wizard tansfer service books or should I just send service books from BIS web page to the new Bold ???

Comments?

Suggestions?

Insults?

Hit me man - - I can take it!
    If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have used the device transfer wizard often (like once or twice a month :P)...

It will copy over all compatible 3rd party apps, user data (including address book, browser bookmarks, memos, emails, calenders, ect..), and even most of the settings..

The only two things you may want to take note of, is that since the Bold is not that old yet, some apps are not recognised as "compatible", even though they may run fine on the Bold. So you will need to do a manual install for these.

Also, with regards to BIS, you should log on to your provider's page on your pc or BB and hit change device. That's the best way to do it..
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by aeldes1 View Post
    I have used the device transfer wizard often (like once or twice a month :P)...

It will copy over all compatible 3rd party apps, user data (including address book, browser bookmarks, memos, emails, calenders, ect..), and even most of the settings..

The only two things you may want to take note of, is that since the Bold is not that old yet, some apps are not recognised as "compatible", even though they may run fine on the Bold. So you will need to do a manual install for these.

Also, with regards to BIS, you should log on to your provider's page on your pc or BB and hit change device. That's the best way to do it..
    Thanks that was some of the information I was looking for - - I have had to switch devices before but always similar devices - never an upgrade like this. I had heard on one of my searches that someone said some of the BB Browser settings on the Bold got screwed up when he did the device switch wizard from the Curve - - still sounds like the best way to go tho.

I have done the change device on BIS web page before so I am very familiar with that. Thanks again for the info. Oh - almost forgot - I know I can send service books from BIS page but what if anything does the device switch wizard do with moving service books?
    If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes