Dead Blackberry with twice-blinking red LED
So after waiting for 2 hours for the OS upgrade to finish, I supposed it was stuck, hit Cancel... repeatedly hit Cancel when that didn't work, then in a fit of exasperation unplugged my Bold. The Desktop Manager gave me a message like "Connecting to JVM" or something like that so I thought "oh sh**" and plugged it back in. Nothing. Now the damn thing won't turn on and blinks the red LED twice before pausing... and blinking twice again. ad infinitum..
Is it time to be glad I picked up insurance and go buy a replacement for $125, or is it possible to recover from this?
Thanks for any help!
Last edited by spearson; 03-15-09 at 12:23 AM. Reason: clarity
I found out the issue. Thanks for turning off my device Windows! (device manager --> USB Root Hub --> "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" was checked)
well what a nightmare but i suppose I learned some things.
edit: and yes, this was the reason my original OS upgrade failed. Power Management should not be enabled by default on a desktop ><
Last edited by spearson; 03-15-09 at 02:49 AM.
- CrackBerry Newbie
06-16-12, 10:16 AM #11
- 6 Posts
blackberry solution for blinking red light 100% working for all blackberry
here full solution for all bb
blinking red light solution for all blackberry
1. download blackberry master control program and install it
2. download CFP_188.8.131.52.exe keep on desktop
3. open master control program and click on setting wheel on left hand side and
in enable protected control type BrickBerry same as it is here
4. right click on alien face cfp button at left hand side.
5. below in cfp option (rim command-line program (cfp) executable ) select the cfp which you copied on desktop.
6. connect your bb without battery on top command-line interface (CLI)
select wipe tick mark the empty box next to execute and press execute it will take 10 to 12 minutes after it finish disconnect your bb install a battery and wait for few minutes let the phone do its job.
let the bb master control be open..........
now the trick is to load os
1. In bb master control on right hand side below right click on apploader
it will loader/nojvm connect your phone follow the instruction thats it you have done the job..
download link: BLACKBERRY_red_light fix by nasir.rar
NEW LINK :http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gf5tn90bcoynlwe
please write me if you have any doubt or error
Last edited by Rnasirali; 06-19-12 at 02:44 AM.