Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Change camera photo naming convention?

I was certain this question would have been asked before so I spent the last hour+ looking through this forum and google, but I've only found one other place it had been asked, and that hadn't been answered.

The way the camera names pictures (IMG#####-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.jpg) is insane. It doesn't allow for alphabetical/chronological ordering and it causes a lot of problems when uploading and sorting them onto my computer. Is there any way to change how the camera names photos without having to rename every individual photo?

Thanks.
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

No, unfortunately you cannot.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

:-/ thanks, that's what I was afraid of.
    Banned

I hate that too but at least you can edit the name of the pic after you take it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

There is an app in the BlackBerry App World that allows you to pre-set how you want to name the files. But the set back is, the program has to run in the background.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    G!

I'm with Apollon. Name the pic after taking it and then save. You'd probably want to rename them anyway, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeenut24 View Post
    I was certain this question would have been asked before so I spent the last hour+ looking through this forum and google, but I've only found one other place it had been asked, and that hadn't been answered.

The way the camera names pictures (IMG#####-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.jpg) is insane. It doesn't allow for alphabetical/chronological ordering and it causes a lot of problems when uploading and sorting them onto my computer. Is there any way to change how the camera names photos without having to rename every individual photo?

Thanks.
    My phone cam used to name the photos using the convention mentioned (IMG#####-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.jpg)

Now I notice that it names them using only (IMG#####.jpg)

Is there something I can do to get it to go back to including the date? Or does someone know why or how I would have gotten to this kind of naming display?