Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can Send Email, but CANNOT Receive

I'm having issues with my Bold-9000 with email. I used the general "use my own email address" option to import my AOL/My eAddress into my BB. I get the confirmation email stating within 20 mins the email will work.

I can send email, but cannot receive. There are no filters set.

I tried to manually input my server name, etc... but BIS tells me the email server is not supported?!

Is there a way I can manually input ALL the information for this email account using IMAP settings - i.e. imap.aol.com / smtp.aol.com etc...?

If not, is there a FREE service I can download which can allow me to access this email address?

FYI - this address is an AOL / My eAddress email (is NOT an [email address] address) The strange thing is, a normal AOL email address (xxx@aol.com) seems to work fine.

I use this email address for work. The primary reason behind getting this BB was to be able to access my email WITHOUT using webmail.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by iskortch View Post
    my AOL/My eAddress
    What is this?
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

via aol, they gave you the option to create your own email domain - rather than having an email address ending with @aol.com it could be whatever you wanted - @abc123.com.

i have one of these email addresses. i can access this address via aol webmail and am currently using Thunderbird to retrieve it via IMAP for my desktop.

I want to be able to access it on my BB.

Is TBird leaving it on the server as unread so your Bold knows to get it?
    Tronyx's Important & Popular Blackberry Links (This one is worth the visit, Kids)
    Real post....
    ive had the phone for 11 days now, upgraded os to .247, unbranded using a different vsm, and, worst of all, i have broken the warranty seal because i blacked the bold out...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes. The bizarre thing is, I kept sending myself test emails - one eventually came through about 20 minutes after sending it (this is well after the initial 20 minute wait after installing the email account on the BB) None after that though.

Have you tried a battery pull? There have been network issues and this may help.
    Real post....
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

tried it. didnt work.

I still think TBird may be part if this. Can you close it and run that way for a bit and see if you receive?
    Real post....
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by iskortch View Post
    Yes. The bizarre thing is, I kept sending myself test emails - one eventually came through about 20 minutes after sending it (this is well after the initial 20 minute wait after installing the email account on the BB) None after that though.
    The polling interval is 15 minutes. Well its a bit more complicated than that, but for most accounts its 15 minutes.
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Earlier today, I changed the MX Records to send the email to gmail. It worked, but I do not like how gmail integrates with email clients on my laptop. I changed the MX Records back to AOL recently, and 2 out of 5 messages were sent to the BB (up to 15 minutes), oddly only to the MESSAGES menu, not the actual email menu.

In testing a different aol email account, it work flawlessly and the emails were received in under 2mins. I also integrated this email into Tbird and had no issues.

I'm puzzled.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Additional Issues....

So I added my basic aol.com email to the BB in addition to the "My eAddress" email. They are both through the aol server.

Last night, I sent an email at 6:43pm to the "My eAddress" email and it was not recieved until 12:41am.

This morning, when I sent an email to BOTH the basic aol.com email and the My eAddress email, I get them instantaneously.

For some reason, when sending a mail to both emails forces the My eAddress email to get it immediatley (within 1-2 mins) - yet by itself, it takes hours, sometimes not at all.

I have the My eAddress email on my laptop for work via IMAP - I get messages immediatley with very, very little lag - so its not the imap server itself.

Any ideas?

I would call AT&T. This could be some known issue with AOL.
    Real post....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default sending but not rceeiving messages

I just experienced a similar problem with my Bold device. I ended up resending service books - no change. Finally I backed up my device and then wiped it. After completing activation - it's working again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

so do we have to wipe and reactivate everytime there is an issue???