CrackBerry User

PIN
    K FLAPS!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default broken bb bold :(

as above, just dropped my bb bold, it's beyond repair (chassis bust). i've got insurance, but i'm wondering if its worth claiming, as my upgrade is due soon and i have lots of expensive camera gear insured, and i don't want a claim for a phone pushing up my premium.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    PIN
    G!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar189 View Post
    as above, just dropped my bb bold, it's beyond repair (chassis bust). i've got insurance, but i'm wondering if its worth claiming, as my upgrade is due soon and i have lots of expensive camera gear insured, and i don't want a claim for a phone pushing up my premium.
    By "chassis" do you mean the bezel? If the bezel (the silver part) is broken, you can simply buy a new one for a pretty inexpensive price, as long as their isn't any damage to the LCD, or the main board / mid-plate.

Depending on when your upgrade is, you may or may not want to take the move to claim on the phone. That's really up to you, depending on how far away your upgrade date is.
    Donald Kelly | @DonaldKelly_
    Curve 9360 + Bold 9790
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    K FLAPS!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

the main boards cracked as well. the phone's way beyond repair. the earliest i can upgrade is dec 31st, 70 days before the end of my contract. i'm waiting to see what deals vodafone here in the uk do for the iphone though...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

I am not sure how insurance claims work outside the US. I pay a month fee for insuring the phone and if something happens i would have to pay a deductible on top. I have two claims per year but i think it's worth it. Also, i don't think it counts as an upgrade.