Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold v iPhone

Who else thinks the Bold is far greater than the iPhone? My friends just don't seem to get it and it is frustrating.
    CrackBerry Master

Try directing them to a few of the hundred thousand threads in this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Greater at what?
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryGroupie View Post
    In my opinion, pulling out a BlackBerry while in a meeting says you're a serious professional.
    CrackBerry Abuser

bolds better out of the box, iphone is way better once you hack it and get everything for free, and dont go on about push email or apps running in the background, because my iphone does all of that better than my bold. All depends on what you know how to do with it. Only thing slightly better on a bold is battery life but with 3.1.3 the iphone is alot better with battery life.
    Just my opinion
    For all your cell phone repair needs!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedDot View Post
    Try directing them to a few of the hundred thousand threads in this forum.

Amen.

Not only in this forum, but in countless other forums.

Search + google are there for a reason.

CrackBerry Addict

Better own both of it

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    PIN
    25F9925C

I have both and both have their advantages and disadvantages, if i now had to choose one or the other and live with that choice, it'd be my bold all the way, i can easily live without the iphone, as fun and handy as it and its many apps are, i love having a real keyboard, something i can drop without fear of it shattering, good battery life and i can't function without BBM anymore...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    pMessenger PIN: DF9C0AB7

This is definetly a thread thats going to get heated once some more people get to way in on it. Of course im going to say the iPhone but it definetly comes down to personal preference.

What are you basing this question on anyway Give me some criteria to base an argument off of
    No matter how much you hate it the iPhone is the standard that all smartphones are compared to, deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

this shouldn't be allowed anymore. 2 different phones for 2 different purposes. not equal in comparison.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by chetan1285 View Post
    this shouldn't be allowed anymore. 2 different phones for 2 different purposes. not equal in comparison.
    Well you can't even pose that as an argument anymore because i would argue that the iPhone is a Killer Business device as well, because i use my iPhone primarily for work and my iTouch for fun and play apps. My work iPhone looks totally different in terms of what applications i have on it compare to my personal iPhone and iTouch.

So if the op is argueing with his friends over what is the better device from a consumer standpoint which is what it sounds like then of course its personal preference but it would be hard to find many that will say the Blackberry is a better consumer phone then the iPhone. Even A lot of Blackberry users will tell you this the iPhone was originally built to be consumer phone, and which is why its good at being that. Now ill argue it being a business phone because it urks me personally that Blackberry users call it a toy when it can be and is so much more in my own situation, but the blackberry has the business sector
    Last edited by iPhoneLoyalist; 02-13-2010 at 10:58 PM.
    No matter how much you hate it the iPhone is the standard that all smartphones are compared to, deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneLoyalist View Post
    Well you can't even pose that as an argument anymore because i would argue that the iPhone is a Killer Business device as well, because i use my iPhone primarily for work and my iTouch for fun and play apps. My work iPhone looks totally different in terms of what applications i have on it compare to my personal iPhone and iTouch.

So if the op is argueing with his friends over what is the better device from a consumer standpoint which is what it sounds like then of course its personal preference but it would be hard to find many that will say the Blackberry is a better consumer phone then the iPhone. Even A lot of Blackberry users will tell you this the iPhone was originally built to be consumer phone, and which is why its good at being that.
    i understand what you are saying. but we have been through countless bold vs iphone threads that now it feels like chewing gum that has lost its flavor.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by chetan1285 View Post
    i understand what you are saying. but we have been through countless bold vs iphone threads that now it feels like chewing gum that has lost its flavor.

I'm not big on these forums but on winmo forums android forums the "iPhone" is everyones common enemy so I believe you 100%

Sent from my iPhone
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    PIN
    210983E1

Why bother the comparison? Your friend think iphone better and you love your bold, just let it be. What to be irritating for it? Nothing to be proud what phone you are using even if you can prove that bold is better than iphone. Move on with your life man.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

In all actuality you can compare the devices now due to Mobile Me, and applications and Blackberry's BES, and BIS push email as well its productive applications. You can surely compare them and come out with a very good battle on the business forefront, but it would probably turn into something childish on the crackberry forums. The reason is say this is due to people bringing up more anger motivated statements about the iPhone being a toy, and Blackberry having a weak browser then actual facts worth debating over.

Sent from my iPhone
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

Just the fact the most iPhones are locked to a carrier and you have to rely on some anon peron(s) on the net for a solution turns me off.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by narci View Post
    Just the fact the most iPhones are locked to a carrier and you have to rely on some anon peron(s) on the net for a solution turns me off.

so how does it work with Blackberry

Sent from my iPhone
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

so how does it work with Blackberry
    You get it permanantly unlocked..either do it yourself or buy a unlock code.

thing is, you don't have to worry about updates locking your phone again.

If you can permanantly unlock an iPhone...i'd give it a whirl. It is a great phone, no doubt about it.
    Last edited by narci; 02-14-2010 at 02:35 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

You get it permanantly unlocked..either do it yourself or buy a unlock code.

thing is, you don't have to worry about updates locking your phone again.

If you can permanantly unlock an iPhone...i'd give it a whirl. It is a great phone, no doubt about it.
    Well thats a large misconception among people who dont own iPhones if you unlock your iPhone by jailbroken means then yes it will lock again when you update it. However if you unlock it through the carrier or purchase an unlocked iPhone this won't happen. The reason why it happens to people who jailbreak there phones is because its not properly unlocked its hacked. My iPhones are unlocked i update them just like every other iPhone user and i dont have this problem because i purchased unlocked iPhones. Hope that clears it up for you a bit.

Sent from my iPhone
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

Well thats a large misconception among people who dont own iPhones if you unlock your iPhone by jailbroken means then yes it will lock again when you update it. However if you unlock it through the carrier or purchase an unlocked iPhone this won't happen. The reason why it happens to people who jailbreak there phones is because its not properly unlocked its hacked. My iPhones are unlocked i update them just like every other iPhone user and i dont have this problem because i purchased unlocked iPhones. Hope that clears it up for you a bit.
    I understand that there are unlocked iPhones out there but carrier locked iPhones far outnumber unlocked ones.

I was close to buying an unlocked iPhone over in Asia but the price was steep, it was about $1000cdn for a new one.

For me, no carrier in canada will provide an unlock code for the iPhone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I understand that there are unlocked iPhones out there but carrier locked iPhones far outnumber unlocked ones.

I was close to buying an unlocked iPhone over in Asia but the price was steep, it was about $1000cdn for a new one.

For me, no carrier in canada will provide an unlock code for the iPhone.
    ohhh ok well thats unfortunate, i have a 32 gigger and a 16 gig both unlocked i do however use them on ATT not on T-Mobile like some choose to do, i can't stand T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone
    CrackBerry User

It really is horses for courses, I spent months deliberating over what phone I should get, I spent hours and hours using various iphones belonging to numerous friends who were keen to convert me to the cause. In the end trough I went with the Bold, why? I just couldn't get on with the iphone, it's a killer internet/media device, but as a phone it just didn't feel right, I love safari and the Facebook app for iphone is superb, but those are the only two things I'd miss, the Bold IS an awesome phone, my ipod touch IS an awesome toy, if I had a need for a second phone for occasional use then I dare say the iphone would become a perfect replacement for the ipod touch, the perfect toy for me.

Being called a toy isn't at all derogatory towards the iphone, it's just what it does best, media, browsing and ultimately fun, it doesn't really do it for me as an all-day device though.

CrackBerry User

I really thought about a Iphone.
    I had a Itouch and a Behold, and at first I really liked the touchscreen but as the newness wore off I missed having a real keyboard. Plus with already having a Itouch I don't know if I could justify buying a IPhone.
    Also, all my family uses T-Mobile. So if I was on AT&t, I would not have free talk time with them.

A few years ago I had a BB Pearl (until I drooped it in a pond) and the only reason I did not replace it was I had a lot of trouble with the trackball getting dirty.

When I saw the new touch pad I was sold.

Above all it is personal preference,

The Itouch I had was actually a present I bought for my wife. She pretend to like it , but gave it to me a few moths later. She hated it lol

She dosent really like my Blackberry either, she loves her Sidekick - which I cant stand to even make a call on.

Yet, we completely agree on just about every other aspect of life and been very happily married since we were 18......... 14 years ago
    Last edited by ccw9mm; 02-14-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

You know why people HATE these threads, because you're asking subjective questions and looking for definitive answers. Everyone has their own opinions, and by very definition an opinion cannot be right or wrong.

As totally useless and pointless as these threads are, it's even more pointless to try and convince people that the 2 phones cannot be compared.

But you folks have fun going back and forth.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    PIN
    21B84B72

Default Motorcycle vs dog

So frustrating...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedDot View Post
    You know why people HATE these threads, because you're asking subjective questions and looking for definitive answers. Everyone has their own opinions, and by very definition an opinion cannot be right or wrong.

As totally useless and pointless as these threads are, it's even more pointless to try and convince people that the 2 phones cannot be compared.

But you folks have fun going back and forth.

Very good point, but the debate has been pretty good and civilized to this point, shocking as that is.

Sent from my iPhone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast