Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Unhappy Bold keeps rebooting

    I tried searching this board, but couldnt really find a suitable answer to this problem.

    Okay, I have an original BB9000 Bold from T-mobile Netherlands. Everything still OEM, nothing not original.
    Tonight I'm on internet thru Wifi.
    Suddenly the device freezes and the small clock icon appears (not movin' though). After a few minutes waiting if the device will get itself out of this condition i decide to pull the battery. Wait a little and put it back in. Red led lights up, goes out and the screen lights up, with the clock, moving this time. Screen dies again and red led lights up again. Goes out again and screen lights up with that little clock again. Dies again, red led. .Screen. Led. Screen. Led. Screen. Led. Etc, etc....

    Now what??

    Haven't had this issue before....
  2. Chicklet's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,571 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,572 Global Posts
    PIN
    Say Please
    #2  

    Default

    The only time I had the issue was with a buggy mem card. If you have one installed you could try removing it and pulling the batt for another re boot.
  3. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    I just tried. Didnt work....

    Thanks for the quick reply though
  4. thenashy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    216 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Remove the Memory Card and the SIM, then reboot.

    Post results.
  5. thenashy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    216 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Also try booting into Safe Mode.

    Put batt in, and when the LED goes out, hold the escape key till she boots, it will let you know you are in Safe Mode.
  6. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thenashy View Post
    Remove the Memory Card and the SIM, then reboot.

    Post results.
    Tried, no difference...

    Quote Originally Posted by thenashy View Post
    Also try booting into Safe Mode.

    Put batt in, and when the LED goes out, hold the escape key till she boots, it will let you know you are in Safe Mode.
    Tried that too. With and without mem card, with and without SIM. It doesnt go to safe mode. If I press the escape or not, it just stays in this repeating cycle...

    I cant get it to wipe in Jl_Cmder either, as it wont get to communicate with my computer. Any other way to wipe it in this condition?

    I only have this device since 2 weeks and its my first Blackberry. Didnt want a Windows device because of the stability issues. Lets say Im a little dissapointed....
  7. giantfan30's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor1972 View Post
    Tried, no difference...


    Tried that too. With and without mem card, with and without SIM. It doesnt go to safe mode. If I press the escape or not, it just stays in this repeating cycle...

    I cant get it to wipe in Jl_Cmder either, as it wont get to communicate with my computer. Any other way to wipe it in this condition?

    I only have this device since 2 weeks and its my first Blackberry. Didnt want a Windows device because of the stability issues. Lets say Im a little dissapointed....
    do a search for crackmem here on crackberry and wipe using that..you can also use it to uninstall unused bloatware on your phone
    i suggest you upgrade to 4.6.0.247 which is the most stable OS out there
    do a wipe and install .247...its in a sticky on the top of the 9000 forum with a download link and instructions
    just backup your contacts and redownload your 3rd party apps and so on
    Stupidity is a circumstance that can't be helped. ignorance is a choice
  8. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Found the crackmem and the .247 Gonna try that now and let you know. Thanks a lot already
  9. giantfan30's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    cool lemme know if you need any help
    Stupidity is a circumstance that can't be helped. ignorance is a choice
  10. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Got it talkin with crackmem!! Did the brickwipe and that finally got it out of its rebooting sequence!!
    Than the white screen with that annoying little clock appeared and that took a while...
    And than....suddenly....it started up again!!!! It works!!!
    I now got the .247 running and everything seems perfect so far. Only thing is that I lost BBmaps, Docs to go and all my games. Is that just bad luck with the new OS or can I get it back somewhere?
    Oh, and its in US English only, but thats no problem

    Anyway, thank you all very much for your help!!! Especially giantfan30!! You got it workin again!!
  11. papped's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,962 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,209 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor1972 View Post
    Got it talkin with crackmem!! Did the brickwipe and that finally got it out of its rebooting sequence!!
    Than the white screen with that annoying little clock appeared and that took a while...
    And than....suddenly....it started up again!!!! It works!!!
    I now got the .247 running and everything seems perfect so far. Only thing is that I lost BBmaps, Docs to go and all my games. Is that just bad luck with the new OS or can I get it back somewhere?
    Oh, and its in US English only, but thats no problem

    Anyway, thank you all very much for your help!!! Especially giantfan30!! You got it workin again!!
    The modules should still be in your DM loader files somehwere...
  12. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    of course....where else.....

    Thanks
  13. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    Okay, Im trying to reinstall these applications (all original Blackberry) and while processing, my pc says -trying to connect to device- while the device seems to have fallen back in the reboot repeating sequence.
    A statusbar is still (very)slowly moving, though. Im still hopefull...

    *edit* Ah, great! Everything well in the end. Just a little nervous for nothing. Got all my apps back and my Bold is up and running sound!! Many thanks again!!!
    Last edited by Thor1972; 04-13-2009 at 04:49 PM.
  14. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    That was 2 days ago. Yesterday i needed a contact from my old phone, so I needed my SIM (the old phone doesn't work without). So switched the Bold of, removed the battery, took out the SIM, did my thing on my old phone, put the SIM back in the Bold, replaced the battery, red led lights up, red led goes out, screen lights up, goes out, red led, screen, red led, screen, led, screen, led, screen, led, screen.... :'(

    Something just must be wrong with the device. This cannot be the OS alone.

    So I didn't try the wipe-thing again. I just bought it brand new from the T-mobile store, so it shouldn't be necessary for me to go thru all this effort. It ought to be their problem. I returned it to get it fixed.

    Gotta use my old phone again for the time beeing. Never thought I could get emotionally attached to an electronic device....

    sad day...
  15. cooliosam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    455 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    If you just bought it at the store, take it back for a replacement. Seems like a hardware problem. Maybe something to do with the SIM card tray..
  16. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    I took it back. No replacement though (would have if I returned it within 8 days after purchase).
    Their gonna send it to BB for repair. That's gonna take somewhere between 2 and 6 weeks...
    Z10 on 10.2.1.1925 | 32GB PlayBook | NLD Vodafone Intl BB Dataplan
  17. acarty's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    my bold won't stop rebooting long enough to load the apps. any ideas there? obviously yours didn't do that!
  18. Thor1972's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Latest (and hopefully final) update:

    Still don't know what caused the trouble, but I received a brand new device, fully covered under warranty.
    Only with this new device I realize there must have been more things not working properly on the other one.

    Well that's no longer my problem! I've got a great working, brand new device
    Z10 on 10.2.1.1925 | 32GB PlayBook | NLD Vodafone Intl BB Dataplan
  19. jtomalley's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I am reading all over the 'net that this spontaneous rebooting is a major issue, and not just with the Bold. The Curve has the same problem.

    I have a Bold with AT&T and mine does the hard-reboot thing 2-3 times a week, often during an active phone call! I have tried new batteries, new SIM card, clean reboot, wiping the memory, replacing the Micro SD card... nothing works.

    >
    Crack(berry) addict
  20. jadedeye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    I am on my third Bold through Rogers, all replaced under warranty. Am current on OS and have minimal extra apps not that they seem to make any difference.

    The piece of crap reboots daily, usually while working. Then it takes a good 7 minutes to come back up. Even Vista isn't that slow. I think that there is a memory leak in the OS because it keeps slowing down until it finally crashes. Someone mentioned that it happens when going through the xray machine at the airport. Possible since it happens several times a week. I never had this issue with the 8700 or the 8800. I have heard of new Curves with the same issue. RIM says all is well. Like Kevin Bacon in Animal House.

    Beyond the good suggestions already posted that have been tried any other ideas? I spoke to some fellows I know at RIM who have Bolds (amongst a gazillion other devices) and they say they have not heard about any problems, despite the myriad complaints on the web.

    Extremely frustrated.
  21. giantfan30's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,533 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jadedeye View Post
    I am on my third Bold through Rogers, all replaced under warranty. Am current on OS and have minimal extra apps not that they seem to make any difference.

    The piece of crap reboots daily, usually while working. Then it takes a good 7 minutes to come back up. Even Vista isn't that slow. I think that there is a memory leak in the OS because it keeps slowing down until it finally crashes. Someone mentioned that it happens when going through the xray machine at the airport. Possible since it happens several times a week. I never had this issue with the 8700 or the 8800. I have heard of new Curves with the same issue. RIM says all is well. Like Kevin Bacon in Animal House.

    Beyond the good suggestions already posted that have been tried any other ideas? I spoke to some fellows I know at RIM who have Bolds (amongst a gazillion other devices) and they say they have not heard about any problems, despite the myriad complaints on the web.

    Extremely frustrated.
    you are probably on OS .162 upgrade to .266 that is stickied on the top of the 9000 forum
    Stupidity is a circumstance that can't be helped. ignorance is a choice
  22. bboy2143's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    928 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM for it :)
    #22  

    Default

    Yep same thing happened to me. Its called a "nuked" blackberry. It happened to me randomly when I was on twitter. I freaked out! Really bad. Then I found how to fix it and boom love it again. I needed to wipe my berry anyways. Too much apps. At least there was a positive thing about it

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posting Permissions