Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold Crashes My Router

Hi Guys,

When I turn on my Bold WIFI, it crashes my Verizon FIOS Router. I have to power cycle my router and restart all my network PC's. Any clues as to why this is happening?

RC_Cola
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

What in the world....

Are you absolutely positive this is being caused by the phone? Or maybe the router is what might be defective? Have you tried to connect another wireless device to your router also to make sure it's not only the Bold?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    249FD835

I've been having similar problems. not sure if its my cracked out linksys router or not.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    PIN
    to beans and cornbread

No issues here with an AT&T Uverse 2WIRE router.
    BlackBerry Bold OS (4.6.0.282 hybrid) Unbranded & Unlocked
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes, I have 2 notebooks, 1 desktop and a HP all-in-one connected wirelessly to the router for months with no problem. The issue started when I got my Bold.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    G!

Wow. That's odd. I assume you have deleted your wifi configuration and set it up all over again?

"Menís lives lead to certain ends. But if those lives be changed, will not the ends be changed?"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I purchased a Bold last month and had the same problem. I replaced that Bold with another one on the 10th. The new one is also causing the same problem.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2a26ceb1

What model router and what firmware is on the router?
    CrackBerry User

that weird, I have two laptops, iphone, n bb connected to my Verizon Fios Router and it has never crashed. Maybe call Verizon for a replacement, may be the router itself.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ATAS PARA TODOS!

I think you should call a priest, exorcise them demons.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Problem is solved. Yesterday, I changed the wireless channel setting from automatic to channel 11. The router has not crashed yet.

RC Cola
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts

I have been using my Bold for several months on Verizon FiOS without an issue. Odd...
    FTM-PTB-EGH

"I'm an occasional drinker, the kind of guy who goes out for a beer and wakes up in Singapore with a full beard."
    -Raymond Chandler
    CrackBerry User

Have been having similar problems but thought i'm just crazy, was too embarrassed to talk about it cause it just doesn't make any friggin' sense
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

That's a router problem. No device connecting to your router should crash it regardless of what connection issues it has...
    CrackBerry User

I was going to suggest turning off UPnP, it sometimes causes problems with my router when things try to autoconfigure themselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24A15E95

Dude I have Verizon FiOS and mine works just fine. I have my PS3 and my Mac all on the wireless. And my mom's computer works just fine which is connected straight to it. Call Verizon, your box maybe defected.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I thought I was crazy too, but I had the same issue. Verizon FIOS router - I have 9 different wireless device connected for several months, connect my Bold and then randomly I get the entire connection dying (even my wired LAN connection). Turning off WiFi on the Bold fixes things...crazy, huh?

I'm trying the new wireless channel. Will report back if it works.
    CrackBerry Abuser

my 9900 does this, no amount of fiddling on the phone or router has helped so far, I have plenty of other devices (laptops pcs/macs, printers, ipads, androids, television, voip, etc) on my wifi with no issues. The second I connect the bold to the wifi, the entire house grinds to a halt. I've given up trying, it's too slow to attempt to browse the web on anyway ;-)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same here, Blackberry bold freezes my sitecom router after a certain period (5-10 mins)

I've tried to set the channel to a preset instead of 'auto' on the wireless router setting now. Let's see if i can connect afterwards to confirm it helped ;-)
    It's pretty annoying, as only my blackberry causes this freeze of the router.. Other devices and my previous blackberry did never cause any problems.. Very frustrating as this is yet another thing that annoys me about the blackberry.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok, so it didn't solve the problem. My router freezes when I connect the BOLD via wifi to the home network.

As this occurs with no other WiFi device, it must be something weird that the BB does.. I'm sure BB knows about this problem.. But i don't care anymore; have given up faith in RIM... Sad...
    CrackBerry Abuser

lol, I wouldn't say I've given up on RIM altogether, but I have definitely given up trying to WIFI my 9900 :-)
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy" Albert Einstein