CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold wont turn back on

my bold will not turn on. i was on a call and all of a sudden the screen froze. i tried shutting it down but it wouldn't so i took out a battery and now it wont turn back on.
    i tired a different charger, i plugged my usb cable and hooked it up to my PC still it wont turn back on
    the device just acts as if there is no battery in there right now. no screen, no LED light..nothing at all
    if any one know a way to fix it please help me out here thankx
    CrackBerry User

I had this issue with another phone att sent me a new one so I could just call your carrier and ask for a new phone make sure they don't send you a refurb though
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

If it's within your 30 days take it back to where you got it. They will give you a NEW phone.

If beyond 30 days, it's a warranty exchange with Rogers. You won't get a new phone in a warranty exchange. It will be a refurb.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

i am going to try out few things before i send it back. there has to be a way to fix it.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by abdullah0_09 View Post
    i am going to try out few things before i send it back. there has to be a way to fix it.
    If you're going to get a refurb you're better off with it then getting a headache trying to fix this one. A refurb has a brand new housing, LCD, buttons, and bezel on it. Most likely someone returned it for a reason and it was fixed. Or maybe someone returned it because they didn't want to spend the money afterall. If you put a refurb next to a brand new one, you won't tell the difference.
    CrackBerry Abuser

This happened to me. How long after it turned off did you remove the battery? I just waited fo 2 minutes pressing random buttons, and the phone came back to life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. MGV
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    T of Heineken please.

Does the PC recognize it being plugged in?
    have you tried JL_Cmdr to see if you can wipe/reset it?

If it doesn't get recog'd by the PC you might be SOL and most likely will require a warranty replacement.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes can someone HELP! mine did exact same however mine keeps flashing red LED every 10-20seconds...and its brand new so i didnt back-up anyting but ive tried updateing my phone using blackberry desktop software but during the process, it comes up with a window saying application loader could no connect with this device?....its really annoying me HELP please :'(