Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Blackberry Bold Lcd Screen Cracked And Broken - Need Help To Repair

My friend gave me his Blackberry Bold because the screen was cracked and not all you see is a white screen with some black crack marks. The phone still works because you can still hear the buttons being pressed. I want to know if anyone could help me repair the lcd. I know how, but I am confused because I understand that there are 3 different versions of the lcd screen. I don't know which one to buy, and I thought that maybe someone had a spare that I could be through paypal. I also don't have a T5 screwdriver and thought that maybe someone could send me one if they had extras. Please help me as my friend doesn't have a spare phone to use right now and needs this Bold for his business. Thanks so much.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah,I'm broke and need money, too. Would someone send me $100? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

thanks for the sarcasm, and i didn't know they were that expensive.
    i found one on ebay for $27. i don't know if it will work with mine. please help!!!
  5. D-N
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by neir View Post
    My friend gave me his Blackberry Bold because the screen was cracked and not all you see is a white screen with some black crack marks. The phone still works because you can still hear the buttons being pressed. I want to know if anyone could help me repair the lcd. I know how, but I am confused because I understand that there are 3 different versions of the lcd screen. I don't know which one to buy, and I thought that maybe someone had a spare that I could be through paypal. I also don't have a T5 screwdriver and thought that maybe someone could send me one if they had extras. Please help me as my friend doesn't have a spare phone to use right now and needs this Bold for his business. Thanks so much.
    1.He gave it to you.

2.You want some 1 to help you repair it.

3.Your friend does not have a spare phone. (Somehow contradicts with no#1)

4.He has a business that requires him to use a BB Bold and he doesn`t have cash to buy a spare phone

1 makes 3 sound BS, 4 makes the whole thing BS.

Here is what likely happened.

You had a friend who broke his bold, sold it to you for pocket change, and now your tryin to fix it & sell it.

You should go to CNN.CN and you can get all the parts from them.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2008...utot-rumor.jpg

The Screen is 85$ BTW.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

ok, well he did give it to me because he doesn't really know anything about fixing phones and i do. i just never fixed a blackberry. if the screen is $85 would you think that the one for $27 on ebay is a fake??
  7. D-N
    CrackBerry User

ok, well he did give it to me because he doesn't really know anything about fixing phones and i do. i just never fixed a blackberry. if the screen is $85 would you think that the one for $27 on ebay is a fake??
    probably, but i`m not sure.

Are you sure it`s for the BB Bold?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    e tree sap is not cool on a Harley

I like a deal just like the next person, but I agree with death-note. If it's listed as being for the Bold, at $27 it's probably not legit. Just my opinion.

Bryan
    CrackBerry Master

Why would you tell us that he gave the phone to you, yet he needs it for his business? So when/iff you get it fixed is going to want it back?

I'll sell you my spare T5 and backup LCD for $499. Pm me if interested.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

500!! others said that the lcd is abut $100 and the T5 is like 10. has anyone ever replaced a Bold screen successfully. If so, what pointers can you give me. and he gave me the phone because I am his only friend that has some knowledge with hacking and fixing phones, i just never worked with a blackberry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2F13374U

go check out bold disassembly and reassembly video. it can be found almost anywhere. learn from those videos and you are good to go.
    .162 > .216 > .237 > .241 > .245 > .247 > .266 > .282 > .292 > .297 > .301 > .303 > 5.0.0.411 > .509 > .681 (Current OS)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talk about some BS, some of here sound like a AH. Be nice everyone quys only asking for help. What if was you. No need for smart replies.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Oh BTW:
    Device Model: 9500 Storm
    Carrier: MPULSE GTA TeleGuam
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by death-note View Post

You should go to CNN.CN and you can get all the parts from them.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/photos/2008...utot-rumor.jpg

The Screen is 85$ BTW.
    wow that's a stretch... judgmental much?

oh BTW I fixed your post
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

well, i just took a chance and ordered the lcd for $27. i also got a T5 driver. i'll let you guys knows how things turn out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

RU throwing good $ after bad?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

huh?? wat r u trying to say??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    PIN
    255c028d

Wow what BS, I think you would have better luck being honest.
    Reality continues to Ruin my life
    CrackBerry Abuser

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by manav View Post
    Wow what BS, I think you would have better luck being honest.
    or at least be a good liar?

New Signature that meets the forum "guidelines..."

http://www.twitter.com/devo6786

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

i don't get why you guys think this is bull...it won't let me add links or images, but i would show you the picture of the bold with cracked screen and the link on ebay where i bought the lcd replacement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Bold Lcd Screen Cracked And Broken - Need Help To Repair-bold.jpg  
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,197 Global Posts
    PIN
    HollisterCO511@aol.com hit me up!

500!! others said that the lcd is abut $100 and the T5 is like 10. has anyone ever replaced a Bold screen successfully. If so, what pointers can you give me. and he gave me the phone because I am his only friend that has some knowledge with hacking and fixing phones, i just never worked with a blackberry.
    I had to replace mine. It's rather easy, there's nothing to it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

ye, the videos make it seem so easy. i was just wondering because i read that there are 3 different versions of the screen. i hope the one i ordered was the right one. in the videos, they use this plastic opening tool, what do you think i can use instead of that??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

i don't get why you guys think this is bull...it won't let me add links or images, but i would show you the picture of the bold with cracked screen and the link on ebay where i bought the lcd replacement.
    it actually did let me add the image....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

here is the link for the lcd replacement i bought on ebay

NEW BLACKBERRY BOLD LCD - eBay (item 260376909826 end time Mar-16-09 14:13:59 PDT)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

well, i just installed the new screen, and it still doesn't work. it turns on, the screen turns white, and then a few different colors. then wen i pressed a button, it turn a few different colors...it was like rainbow colors....i am so upset because now i don't know what to do or how i can fix it....any suggestions...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast