Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmycaps
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold is dead, wont restart, only red led flashes, PC won't recognize

Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize the phone when plugged in.

Essentially, the phone just stopped working one day. When I try to turn it on, the screen remains completely black. At first I get a solid red LED for about 10 seconds and then it is followed by a series of flashing red LEDs. It does this nonstop. I tried a plain battery pull and it didn't work. I tried replacing the battery with a new one and it didn't work.

I tried to sync it to the computer via Desktop Manager AND the application loader and the computer won't recognize the phone. I have tried multiple USB outlets. The only thing that happens when I plug it into the PC is I get the flashing red light again.

It has not been dropped or gotten wet.

I have seen this problem reported many times, but no specific answers. I appreciate your help.
    subair adewale likes this.
    CrackBerry User

yeah this happened to my Bold 9000 before too... had to take it down to the AT&T store and get a refurbished one.... if you are eligable for an upgrade might as well just go pick up a new 9900 this weekend when it come out?
    Thanked by:
    zlatan9. (08-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Its hardware problem bro,its may ic power or ic zokus have trouble/hot
    CrackBerry User

It has happened to me a couple of times...I noticed it happens when my battery goes bad..or I drain out battery too often...

Don't be scared your bold is not nuked!!!

1)Just download the latest official OS( hybrid OS won't work) to your computer ,

2)install it on the PC ,

3)Plug your blackberry (make sure your battery is fully charged)

4)Then use the blackberry desktop manager v 4.7( for some I don't know...the newer versions of Desktop manager might not work) to install the os on your phone..

5) If the desktop manager can't find the right os..you can point to it..

PS.

Uninstall any other blackberry OS on the PC b4 u starting @step1..

Like I said This has worked 4 me a couple of times so I m not worried when I get the flashing lites...
    CrackBerry User

its the power ic 1000% work give it a shot u have notin to loose.
    CrackBerry Newbie

same problem with 10111 LED sequence
    kinda desperate here