BB 9000 Bold Overheat Talking
06-27-09 10:55 AM
- Dear fellow crackberries,
I have had my 9000 since october now more or less without problems, but a lot of satisfaction.
However, some three months ago my phone begun to heat up a lot on the lower part of the screen with the result that the phone finally drained the battery. After a while I realized when this occured;
1. When talking for more than 3 minutes or making several calls in a row (oftenly I have to stay on the phone for 10-20 minutes in a row, just hanging up and calling again.
2. Exposing the phone "to heat", that is, having the phone in my front pocket a warm day sitting in the sun, or just myself being varm.
What happens: basically the phone heats up to a level that makes it almost impossible to even keep the phone to my chin. Even when not talking it keeps staying heated (I tried to pull the battery, but once it startup again, it keeps going) and after a few hours it shuts down automatically...
Oh, by the way, it is stocastic, so it doesnt happen everyday, like 3-4 days a week.
Basically I have to charge the phone during the night and towards lunch again the days it doesnt collaborate with me.
I tried to leave it to the operator I bought it from a few times, but they claim that there is nothing wrong with the phone, and "that if after all there actually was, it was probably the wifi and/or bluetooth so I should use them anymore" (I dont get it, so why did I buy the only BB that at the time actally had wifi if I cant use it??)
Does anyone have the same problem?? What's the source??
BR,06-26-09 04:21 PM
- ... there is nothing "wrong" with the phone but the design.
My phone does the same. This is how it works. Bold for you.
There is no remedy because nothing is wrong. Get used to the heat, it's not going anywhere. I tried with three different batteries, same thing as you described. Hot after a few minutes.
Same goes for surfing for a few minutes... I was told it was normal. I guess I'm expecting too much from a phone.
I used my Curve 8300 for a year without ANY issues. I use the Bold for a few months now, the only comfort I got so far was the ability to drop the network connection from a battery eater 3G to the more stable 2G aka EDGE (OS 126.96.36.1992). So we paid for a premium phone and we got a Curve with a fancy name and screen....
I'm not yet impressed with the Bold.06-26-09 05:23 PM
- If the phone is too hot after 3 minutes of a phone call that you can't even
put it against your face, there's a problem with the phone. I'd have a warranty
exchange already with the carrier. And for the carrier to tell you that Wi-Fi
might be the problem is pretty stupid. Wi-Fi saves battery life, which basically
means that it makes it easier on the battery.06-26-09 06:07 PM
- Hey everyone,
I live in the "third-world" where my carrier belongs to well-known mexican f-cker Carlos Slim, so service is something just pay for (not actually get)...
My phone gets really HOT... What annoys me the most is that even after I hang up it still stays hot, and that drains a FULL battery in less than five hours... it is quite annoying when you work a lot out of office...
I also loved the comment from my carrier not to use WiFi. Basically the guy even told me that the WiFi might be broken, (malfunctioning), but that even if that was the case,they wouldnt change it, but they tell me not to use it... amazing
Devek: I am actually really happy with the Bold, a lot better than the Curve to be honest. Was working for me for four months without any problem and very useful..
anyways, will see when I can get it checked by my carrier again..
br,06-26-09 10:29 PM
- I used to notice heat problrms with my first device. I ended up doing an exchange @ my local corperate store for a new devixe and haven't had any heat problems with the new device. I suggest you try and exchange it for a new device.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com06-26-09 11:17 PM
- Mine gets warm but not exactly "hot", and definitely not after 3 minutes of a phone call. It gets warm after listening to podcasts as well (Mediafly) or after listening to streaming radio (Flycast). But it doesn't bother me because it's just warm, not hot.
You need to exchange it for a different Bold. There was an article written about Japan's DoCoMo Bold's have terrible overheating problems at first - yours may not be far from it. Try another one.06-27-09 10:55 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Bold 9000
BB 9000 Bold Overheat Talking
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD