- CrackBerry Newbie
- 3 Posts
Battery issues *PLEASE HELP*
I have a blackberry bold 9000 and the battery has now become puffy and squishy (the only way to describe it) and wont fit into the phone, could someone tell me how the H.e.ll this has happened
- 01-16-2013, 02:58 AM #2
It could be from a bad charger, or battery overheating. Turn in the battery for recycling, and don't toss it in the trash, if you would, please. They do have some rather unpleasant chemicals in them.Report Button, not just for the bad things!Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4Bacon is duct tape for food!
- 06-02-2013, 04:55 PM #3
I had the same problem. It started with the battery barely holding 4 hours (JM-1 for my Bold 9900. I replaced it and realized its barely slightly puffy, so I stopped using it
Today, to my surprise, after leaving the battery for over 4 months on my table (no direct sunlight or heat source) I realized its so puffy its gonna explode. Check the pics. I haven't touched or recharged it for 4 months or so. So weird!
Posted via CB10
- 06-16-2013, 03:39 AM #4
Probably due to charging and using the handset on 3G at the same time. The battery charging creates some heat, magnified by the heat from the internals. Also, playing youtube videos while on 3G creates a huge drain which I would suspect causes bloating as well.
Which would mean streaming youtube videos on 3G while charging has to be avoided..
- By The-Coatimundi in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 15Last Post: 03-21-2010, 07:00 PM
- By holdco in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 7Last Post: 06-06-2009, 01:14 PM
- By broncomaniac99 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 5Last Post: 05-10-2009, 05:25 AM
- By 10UHC in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 10-24-2008, 11:37 PM
- By suburbanswrvyn00 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM