Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default ATTENTION 9000 USERS! - I need your diagnosis skills!

I recently dropped my blackberry 9000 and the screen went white. I know what you're thinking "repeat thread". I've checked everything out, done an OS reinstall after trying the 2 minute battery pull. I know what screen I have to get (003/004) and where to get it. The phone will still send and receive calls. I just want to make sure that my screen really is broken before dropping $110.

The screen lights up and has light gray streaks that run vertical. When I move the track ball I can see the screen flicker as it moves over the icons, which can almost see. I've attached pics so you can see for yourself, you can almost see the clock icon in the bottom right corner.
    So is it definitely a broken screen? Thanks for you're expertise!

Attachments didn't work... K, sweet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATTENTION 9000 USERS! - I need your diagnosis skills!-img00025-20100407-2023.jpg   ATTENTION 9000 USERS! - I need your diagnosis skills!-img00026-20100407-2025.jpg  
    Last edited by Sidlexic; 04-08-2010 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Horrible grammar, sorry
    Carpe Diem - BY THE NUTS!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,449 Global Posts
    PIN
    head Gunpowder

If you already know that it's not just a loose connection, then I would say pick up a new LCD. But $110? That's a rip-off. I've seen them as low as $35.
    I like turtles.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

yea i got mine off of ebay for 35 shipped about 2 weeks ago, and its perfect.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFecks View Post
    If you already know that it's not just a loose connection, then I would say pick up a new LCD. But $110? That's a rip-off. I've seen them as low as $35.
    Yeah, I grabbed the link from another thread (Blackberry Bold 9000 OEM Replacement LCD [BB-9000-LCD] - CAD$107.80 : HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ) Funny how its on sale from $140 :S

I bought one off eBay yesterday for $39. Thanks for the heads up.
    Carpe Diem - BY THE NUTS!