Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sigint99 View Post
    I'm still using the same Bold 9000 I bought in 2010 and it works just as efficiently as the day I bought it. Granted, I have updated the OS (Hybrid) and routinely perform memory cleaning, but apart from that it continues to be a solid workhorse of a phone. The keyboard is outstanding, the OS is slick and responsive, the screen is highly vieweable and the sound quality still packs a punch. Not to mention the call quality which makes my HTC sound like a hollow tin can in comparison.

I'm a great believer in using products that work efficiently and reliably. I don't care for glitz and glamour - I need something that is robust and reliable. The Bold 9000 meets those requirements despite its perceived "outdatedness".

I'll still keep an eye out for BB10 which is due very soon even though I don't believe in launch hype and x.0 versions of any product.
    Still the best keyboard of any phone I have ever used. Wish BlackBerry would release an official "lite" version of the OS for some of these older models so many still use. Shelved mine a while back and thinking of hopping back in with a 99xx series but even those the keyboard is nowhere near as nice as on my 9000.
    austriker likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I use Tune-In radio succesfully on my 9000 OS 5.0.0.1079. Like others suffer from limited app space. Recently replaced the battery which re-juvenated the device. Prior to that was reluctantly considering upgrade. Waiting to see how the Playbook develops before rushing into changing out the trusted 9000.....
    CrackBerry User

I use one and love it. Bridge to playbook is amazing and even give me tethered internet via bluetooth. Strangely now 3g works downtown to? Keeping it until i get a Q10 even!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:29F54940

Default Anyone here still using a 9000?

I'm looking at a refurbished unlocked 9000 online for $169.00cad. Is it worth that much? I was wanting it to use as a backup to my 9900. I don't use that many apps or browse the web on my phone because I have a playbook for that. I'm leaning on this for the bigger battery mostly. I had a 9700 which I think used the same battery as the 9000. Does the 9000 get the same awesome battery life as the bold2? I'm also curious which os is better, the original 4.x or OS 5? Looking forward to trying this beast!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    The bold are helpless without cleverness.
    Euripides. http://m.crackberry.com/crackberry-search
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Man, you can get them new on eBay for less than that!
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Anyone here still using a 9000?

Quote Originally Posted by jrocke0w0 View Post
    I'm looking at a refurbished unlocked 9000 online for $169.00cad. Is it worth that much? I was wanting it to use as a backup to my 9900. I don't use that many apps or browse the web on my phone because I have a playbook for that. I'm leaning on this for the bigger battery mostly. I had a 9700 which I think used the same battery as the 9000. Does the 9000 get the same awesome battery life as the bold2? I'm also curious which os is better, the original 4.x or OS 5? Looking forward to trying this beast!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Wow I bought mine for 60 although it's in used condition. Check ebay for better prices than that!
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi there....
    am using bold 9000 (my first berry) and curve 9220 (davis)as its so sleek and small.
    i need advices : i gave already my bold 9000 (yesterday) to my friend, but somehow, i was so afraid that he will find all my old emails (company email and personal) and all my "dark secret" including all my naughty texts& bbm with my boyfriend....He is so smart in IT and uses android and berry as well...

My question is : can he retreive all my old emails and bbm, tweeter mssgs, etc...even i already take out my memory card? is the device automatically saved all ? what does it mean by "remote encryption" ?

Please guys, I need some helps here..
    Thanks so much.
    She
    Last edited by shevita12; 02-22-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: ......
    CrackBerry User

I'm using bold 9000
    CrackBerry Abuser

Still using mine! got it for $20 and never looked back ahaha. However it would be nice to have a working headphone jack!
    I have a passion for the Blackberrys
    I currently have a Bold 9000 White and a Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

I just got mine today! only $40 on ebay! Although this is not my first blackberry (had curve, 9930, tour, and play book)... I need to get a new housing because mine is torn up! is there anything i should be aware of for about this phone? Hope to keep using the 9000 till z10 gets launched on AT&T!
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Anyone here still using a 9000?

Quote Originally Posted by thecurryman View Post
    I just got mine today! only $40 on ebay! Although this is not my first blackberry (had curve, 9930, tour, and play book)... I need to get a new housing because mine is torn up! is there anything i should be aware of for about this phone? Hope to keep using the 9000 till z10 gets launched on AT&T!
    Beware the keyboard is just way too good. I just moved on to a z10 this week and already wish I had the 9000 keyboard (q10?)

Oh and you can really install like 3 or 4 apps. I used advance led and os to clean the memory each day. Also I installed a leaked os 5 to shrink for more space.
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP

Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    Beware the keyboard is just way too good. I just moved on to a z10 this week and already wish I had the 9000 keyboard (q10?)

Oh and you can really install like 3 or 4 apps. I used advance led and os to clean the memory each day. Also I installed a leaked os 5 to shrink for more space.
    oh yeah the keyboard is great but the battery life is awful! I dont know what im doing wrong but it does not last me more than a few hours
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by thecurryman View Post
    oh yeah the keyboard is great but the battery life is awful! I dont know what im doing wrong but it does not last me more than a few hours
    Weird. Mine usually lasted a day. Maybe try a new battery it can be hit or miss with an ancient phone that

Posted via CB10

Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes. I bought mine when it first came out. After what 5 years and it is still tanking and the call reception is superb. I use it at work to tether everyday and for the most part (surfing) it does a good job.

I replaced the housing and battery and the phone looks and still feeling like the day I bought it. The lack of memory (what most people mentioned) is a downside to keeping it in this day of age where many useful apps are so beneficial. I will hold on to it until it completely dies on me or see if any improvements in the Z10 in respect of apps.

Still holding back on purchasing the Z10 because of lack of app support (learned my lesson from buying a Playbook early).
    austriker likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

yep this bold 9000 keeps trucking on and on and on and on aha. its been over 5 years and i still trust this phone enough to take it from one side of north america to the other and back . its a VERY well built phone and was built to last. im not changing phones until this one dies aha. and who knows maybe this phone will outlive us all jks. it already outlived my Mercedes lol. had a few other bbs but none compare to a truly remarkable bold 9000 keyboard

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    I have a passion for the Blackberrys
    I currently have a Bold 9000 White and a Playbook
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,103 Global Posts

I just picked up two 9000s on a trade here on the MarketPlace from Lucky736 - Im on T-Mobile and have 3G speed on the refarmed network in my area. Wooo -hoooo!!!!
    BLACKBERRY!! We go where you go!

BBM#71
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

Yeah I got my 9000 back from my son as h said he not going to need it a try backup, so I keeping it forever I posted here about it already, gotta say it is the best phone blackberry (RIM) at the time and even by today's standards it still fast and better then many phones out today.

I love my z10 and playbook can't wait until bridge is available fully though for playbook a BB10.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    PIN
    30F15D7C

This 9000 might be the best device of its time. Put my sim in my iphone 2G, its UI's a turtle, no more whatsapp support, only EDGE, it basically feels ancient.

Same goes for the Moto Razr. Totally ancient.

Then I simmed my 9000, installed opera mini, and wow. So solid OS.
    Thanked by:
    bunky1971 (03-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    PIN
    79FADB30

'Til Death do us Apart'..................I've tried everything else and then some and always end up with my trusty old Berry, the Bold 9000 ! call me old fashion but it is my main phone and will be until........................granted there are a couple of apps that I might not be able to use because of the memory space or lack of updates but for that I have my MacPro !
    I drive a 30 year old car and there is nothing wrong with that, hahahaha
    'If everything seems under control, you are not going fast enough'
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12