| | 09-05-09, 01:43 AM Thread Author #1
507 reload firmware can't get past boot ROM
I had a number of issues over the last week or so with unexpected reboots and so on which were getting problematic. Decided to update the firmware to try and work around it. Am with Rogers. BB 9000, went ahead and downloaded the AT&T new firmware and deleted the vendor file.
The firmware upgrade never proceeded, becuase every time the apploader (DM 4.6, 4.7, or the straight apploader app from both versions) started the "connecting to bootrom" phase the BB went into an infinite loop.
I have tried:
1. Following the instructions for deleting the firmware (the JL_Cmder app). This worked fine. So now I have a 507 error (which is better, frankly, than the random irritating reboots).
2. I removed the SIM and MicroSD card. No change.
3. I removed the battery but can not turn the BB on or use it without the battery.
4. Two different computers, one Windows XP SP2 and the other Windows Vista SP1
5. Tried plugging and unplugging the USB cable at various times during the detection process
I am now outside my warranty period so would be very interested in any real advice. I have been thorough in following the various suggestions already made on this board, to save everyone doing searches on my behalf.
Does anyone have real experience with this reboot cycle every time apploader touches the boot rom? More interestingly how did this happen and why?