Hey Guys and Girls,
    I'm back again with a new, simple Fun App!

What does it do?
    With the DistanceSign App, you see the distances to major Cities around the world.

Why should I use it?
    Because it's cool!

How to use:
    Use it outside or where ever you have GPS reception. In Options you can switch from km to miles.

Screenshot:

Here is a Link, download it and post here what you think and how I can improve the App!
    Thanks!

-Fabian
    Fabian (@FabianMH) on Twitter
    Last edited by BBA; 08-25-11 at 10:43 AM.
    08-17-11 10:01 AM
    Sweet, I'll use this tomorrow when I'm driving from Washington to Utah and let you know how it goes
    If you're looking for features to add, a user-defined sign would be nice. It's pretty cool as is tho.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-17-11 at 07:54 PM.
    08-17-11 03:49 PM
    i downloaded this morning, nothing works except of changing km/ml feature, on the main screen it says "Please Wait" and that's about all. I waited for about an hour but it still was the same Please Wait......yes i rebooted but same no go.
    08-17-11 10:49 PM
    When you only see the "Please wait" screen, you need to make sure that you have GPS reception. Usually outside. Inside it never worked for me.
    08-18-11 01:20 AM
    I'm with SCrid... user-defined would make it cool. Like distance to the nearest micro-brewery, or Starbucks, or rest stop...

I don't have any friends in Caracas or Valencia so that's not of much value.
    08-18-11 08:20 AM
    Just a suggestion, why don't you use the cell tower information to get the location information? That way it will work even when you're indoor.
    08-20-11 01:16 AM
    seems cool - I think i'll try it.

peace...
    08-20-11 08:13 PM
    I love little apps like this that just do one simple thing--especially when the app does it in a creative way.

For me, it did linger on the "please wait" message for a long time.

I echo the previous suggestions: use the cell tower--the lack of precision won't matter with this app.

Also, some customization would be nice! Preferred, would be allowing users to select all locations, but there is room to be creative here. Even one custom location would be cool. Maybe you could load new loactions from time to time. At the Holidays: north pole, macy's NY, vatican, etc.

The app needs to either point to my locations, or intereting ones that change based on news or time of the year (Tripoli this week?).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 09:24 PM
    simple yet interesting application,
    thanks for sharing
    08-23-11 02:36 PM
    I'm with SCrid... user-defined would make it cool. Like distance to the nearest micro-brewery, or Starbucks, or rest stop...

I don't have any friends in Caracas or Valencia so that's not of much value.
    +1 especially the micro-brewery LOL

Cool little app.
    08-23-11 02:55 PM
    +1 especially the micro-brewery LOL

Cool little app.
    The App is in AppWorld now! Go download it and spread the word ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD