Just want everyone to know that Sultan Al Sooz has again been hard at work on his super app, Advance OS and LED, and it's almost time for yet another major upgrade to the one app that every BlackBerry should have pre-installed out of the box. This is a major upgrade so there has been a lot of great new features added. Here's the change log for V15.

New Features:
    - A whole new UI.
    - Battery Saving Mode feature.
    - Battery and Usage Monitor Feature.
    - Word Substitution (AutoText) Manager feature (export/import/delete duplicates).
    - Holster support for ringtones.
    - Added 'delete' and 'insert into' any step in iLaunch custom actions.
    - Even more custom LEDs slots.
    - There are now ringtone options to all LEDs.
    - Vibration Option to all LEDs.
    - Added new phone Call LEDs (Call Timer, Dial, Mute, Hold/Resume).
    - Added Wifi and Bluetooth LEDs (under Network LEDs).
    - He has also minimized battery usage for the app.

Bug fixes:
    - Fixed timing issues with wallpaper feature.
    - Fixed html email message issues.
    - Fixed issues with hookt app and other 3rd party apps not showing LED sometimes.
    - Fixed ringtones not playing sometimes.
    - Fixed LED not flashing after exceeding 17 LED colors BlackBerry limitation.
    - Fixed camera flashlight not showing help message.
    - Fixed network LED after call end.
    - Fixed major bug in "update contacts details" menu option in LED and ringtone feature.

This update should be available for download in BlackBerry App World very soon so if you have this fantastic app on your device keep an eye out for it. If you haven't tried Advance OS and LED yet head over to App World and download it now.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506

I just want to send a huge THANKS to Sultan for not just developing this app but also for his continued support to this super app. This is the one app that I MUST have on my BlackBerry so THANK YOU kind sir!!!

Last edited by jordan559; 09-13-12 at 12:15 AM.
    09-12-12 10:31 PM
    A whole new UI does that include popups? I haven't used the popups much because well I just think it takes up the whole screen. I would want something subtle like Leave It On has. I have been using Bepopup for SMS only. However, now I will have to use the Pop-up if I want to use my custom Auto Text.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    09-13-12 01:45 AM
    A whole new UI does that include popups? I haven't used the popups much because well I just think it takes up the whole screen. I would want something subtle like Leave It On has. I have been using Bepopup for SMS only. However, now I will have to use the Pop-up if I want to use my custom Auto Text.
    lol, the UI changes are only for my app's first (main) screen as shown above. popups are the same.

however, popups can be customized to look smaller, try removing all the buttons in the popup settings , also you can set to show minimum info in each popup type separately so it will not take up all the screen.
    BlazorBoy and Mecca EL like this.
    09-13-12 01:51 AM
    lol, the UI changes are only for my app's first (main) screen as shown above. popups are the same.

however, popups can be customized to look smaller, try removing all the buttons in the popup settings , also you can set to show minimum info in each popup type separately so it will not take up all the screen.
    Oh ok.

Yeah I've tried customizing it..but I don't know how to get contact pictures to display on the popup.
    09-13-12 02:35 AM
    Oh ok.

Yeah I've tried customizing it..but I don't know how to get contact pictures to display on the popup.
    it should be displayed by default, unless you turn the settings to off for the popup's pictures.

as for the AutoText paste, i will look into it, i might be able to do something to make it easier

s
    09-13-12 03:18 AM
    Looks like another great update! Thanks!
    09-13-12 05:13 AM
    The best keeps getting better.

Checking App World for the update hourly !!!

Many thanks Sultan for all your hard work.

You and the BL team are putting RIM to shame !!!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-13-12 09:44 AM
    Why the tease? How long do we have to wait?
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-13-12 09:55 AM
    He continues to be THE MAN. Many thanks
    09-13-12 09:58 AM
    Why the tease? How long do we have to wait?
    lol, im still not done yet, im working on the new "battery & usage monitor" ( watcher or meter ) feature, hope to submit it to App World on sunday or monday, so keep watching my facebook fan page for the update availability announcement
    wolfee48, Legal Eagle and Djlatino like this.
    09-13-12 10:02 AM
    it should be displayed by default, unless you turn the settings to off for the popup's pictures.

as for the AutoText paste, i will look into it, i might be able to do something to make it easier

s
    Ok I am not seeing any way to insert pictures for the popup pictures in the SMS popup. Help. Thank you for looking in to the autotext.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 09-13-12 at 10:24 AM.
    09-13-12 10:21 AM
    Ok I am not seeing any way to insert pictures for the popup pictures in the SMS popup. Help. Thank you for looking in to the autotext.
    im not sure why you cant see it, it should be under SMS popup settings "Contact Picture Size", maybe your not scrolling down.
    09-13-12 10:53 AM
    im not sure why you cant see it, it should be under SMS popup settings "Contact Picture Size", maybe your not scrolling down.
    Oh yes That I see, but I mean how do you add the Pictures on there?
    09-13-12 09:55 PM
    Oh yes That I see, but I mean how do you add the Pictures on there?
    Contact Pictures are added in the blackberry native contact list (address book). my app only gets the contact picture from your phone's address book. so if a contact does not have a picture assigned, then nothing will show in the picture placeholder.

Contact pictures can be added manually or when you link a BBM contact to your phone contact (address book) and the BBM contact changes his display picture, so my app can show the BBM picture in the popup

everything regarding contact pictures is done using your phone and not my app, my app just retrieves the pictures in your phone for display purposes.

hope this helps.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-13-12 10:19 PM
    Contact Pictures are added in the blackberry native contact list (address book). my app only gets the contact picture from your phone's address book. so if a contact does not have a picture assigned, then nothing will show in the picture placeholder.

Contact pictures can be added manually or when you link a BBM contact to your phone contact (address book) and the BBM contact changes his display picture, so my app can show the BBM picture in the popup

everything regarding contact pictures is done using your phone and not my app, my app just retrieves the pictures in your phone for display purposes.

hope this helps.

Yep, thanks the pictures show up now.
    09-14-12 09:03 PM
    I can't wait for sultan to release v15! Did a beta testing, I liked what I saw. MeterBerry seems like it's the next one to get deleted
    09-16-12 08:10 PM
    I can't wait for sultan to release v15! Did a beta testing, I liked what I saw. MeterBerry seems like it's the next one to get deleted
    That's great news! I wanted to delete MB but never could bring myself to do it!

I would love to beta test this app! Where do i sign up?
    09-16-12 10:42 PM
    Nooooooo Still no update on App World

Sultan, you have got me drooling in anticipation of the update, please release it soon !!
    09-17-12 07:26 AM
    Nooooooo Still no update on App World

Sultan, you have got me drooling in anticipation of the update, please release it soon !!
    its released and waiting app world approval

should be available in the next 48 hours max
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-17-12 11:02 AM
    its released and waiting app world approval

should be available in the next 48 hours max
    Is on on your website ?
    09-17-12 11:07 AM
    from the screenshots that i saw, my app captures information never seen before from any other app regarding battery usage, and dont forget the reports export option in .csv format
    wu-wei and Mecca EL like this.
    09-17-12 11:09 AM
    Is on on your website ?
    i prefer to synchronize App World and my Website regarding my app's availability. App World is the preferred method, unless you dont have access to app world in your region or city.
    09-17-12 11:17 AM
    i prefer to synchronize App World and my Website regarding my app's availability. App World is the preferred method, unless you dont have access to app world in your region or city.
    Have app world, don't have patience !!!

Got a post OS install battery pull scheduled later today so was hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone.
    09-17-12 11:35 AM
    Have app world, don't have patience !!!

Got a post OS install battery pull scheduled later today so was hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone.
    email me directly and i will provide you with a link, yet i still think using App World is better
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-17-12 01:03 PM
    The wait continues lol I don't even use app world
    Last edited by Erniesmit; 09-17-12 at 03:31 PM.
    09-17-12 03:21 PM
419 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD