For some reason, the NavMoveDown4 isn't working. Instead it stays at first spot "Data services" and changes value on that instead. What's going on?

This macro works on my 9900 to toggle to 3G:

Launch Options; Key Mobile Network; /* Find Mobile Network in BB Options */
    NavMoveDown1;Delay50; /* Assuming that only 2 items are shown and the second one is 'Mobile Network' */
    NavClick;Delay100;
    NavMoveDown4; /* Go to Network Mode in Mobile Network */
    NavClick;MenuItemFromTop1;Delay50; /*Select 3G from the list */
    NavClick;Delay50;
    EscKey;EscKey;EscKey; /*Close Options */

Add this part before the macro above if you want your macro to close any Options screen first:

Set $loop=1;
    While0 IsAppRunning Options && $loop<9;
    Do0;
    LaunchAndWait Options;
    EscKey;
    Inc $loop;
    EndWhile0;

You should be able to make 2 shortcuts, one the above to switch to 3G, and the other one a modified version that switches to "3G & 2G".
    03-27-12 09:44 AM
    For some reason, the NavMoveDown4 isn't working. Instead it stays at first spot "Data services" and changes value on that instead. What's going on?
    I copy pasted that exact macro and it's working perfect on 9900/7.1.0.267.
    03-27-12 09:47 AM
    I copy pasted that exact macro and it's working perfect on 9900/7.1.0.267.
    +1.
    It also works on my BB.

@Varadigm,
    Try increasing the delay before "NavMoveDown4". That might help if your BB is slow to switch screen.
    And/or try using "MenuItemFromTop 5;" instead of "NavMoveDown4;".
    03-27-12 10:00 AM
    Actually, I think the macro 'NavMoveDown' is not working as it should. Because I don't see what I'm doing wrong. It doesn't move the cursor
    03-27-12 10:24 AM
    Weird. I tried your suggestions & still nothing -

Launch Options; SpKey Mobile Network;
    NavMoveDown1;Delay50;
    NavClick;Delay300;
    MenuItemFromTop 5;Delay50;
    NavClick;MenuItemFromTop1;Delay50;
    NavClick;Delay50;
    EscKey;EscKey;EscKey;EscKey; /*Close Options */
    03-27-12 10:28 AM
    Here, let's just test if this works at all

LaunchAndWait Options;
    *KeyMobile Network;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Delay1000;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    Stop;

Note the 1 second delay. Just testing if it's a delay issue or what.
    03-27-12 10:47 AM
    So your macro, opens Options, search for Mobile Network, then navigates to the found "Mobile Network" and clicks it, and Mobile Networks page opens, but then it get stuck at the first item?
    03-27-12 10:48 AM
    I tried to search this, but probably no phrasing correctly.

At 11:00 PM I wish phone to change Profiles, but the Profiles are displayed and nothing else happens. I know the Profile Selector works when I trigger it manually, but I am guessing it does not work here because the phone is keyboard locked? I use Easy Lock that does this after the screen goes off.

Is there a solution to this problem?

If the solution is already in the thread, point me to it please!

I know 7.1 is out for my phone and that os can change without regards to any kind of locking, but I am not ready to spend all that time in upgrading.....

Thanks!
    So is there anyway to get the keyboard unlocked for this to work?
    03-27-12 11:49 AM
    Yup.That's right.

So your macro, opens Options, search for Mobile Network, then navigates to the found "Mobile Network" and clicks it, and Mobile Networks page opens, but then it get stuck at the first item?
    03-27-12 08:42 PM
    Tried this. It types 'Mobile Network' & then for a second 'Host Routing Table' is selected & then the selection disappears and it stops working.

Here, let's just test if this works at all

LaunchAndWait Options;
    *KeyMobile Network;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Delay1000;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    Stop;

Note the 1 second delay. Just testing if it's a delay issue or what.
    03-27-12 08:45 PM
    Guys am making a hourly system check macro, as i said b4..

now i wana add a hourly chime with it too..

SO how do i get it to run at exactly 00 mins every hour and also how can i use Voice module in bb to say the time? and besides Ding, is there anyway i can specify a sound to be played like a gong?
    03-28-12 07:00 AM
    Hay man, back again!

Sorry to hammer you with questions :O

So I read all your functions. Here is me trying to make a macro to do a 1 click call Long Distance with phone card.

Lets say I wanna call! Password to my phone card is "1234"

Macros:
    Call 123456789; // long distance card number
    Delay 5000;
    Key1234; // enter authorization code
    Delay 5000;
    Key 987654321 // destination phone number

----

I try using SPKey doesn't work :O

It calls but

it then types

lol :x

Soryr :O hope you can help me a little here as well
    hehe Vijik! So hehe, any idea how this can be done or if at all? :P just wondering really hehe no hurry xD
    03-28-12 07:30 PM
    Hello kind people.
    I'm really looking for some help with macros in Shortcutme. I'd like a macro that can open a particular folder I have made in Media>Pictures, and so I can see the thumbnails.
    (Launch Media, navigate three to the right, click click and click)

I've made that, except that if media is already running in the background, the same macro then does all sorts of crazy things. So I wanted to be able to use the IF/ELSE commands, in order that this stream of actions only occur if Media ISN'T running in the background already, or some other logical workaround. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
    03-29-12 09:19 AM
    Hello kind people.
    I'm really looking for some help with macros in Shortcutme. I'd like a macro that can open a particular folder I have made in Media>Pictures, and so I can see the thumbnails.
    (Launch Media, navigate three to the right, click click and click)

I've made that, except that if media is already running in the background, the same macro then does all sorts of crazy things. So I wanted to be able to use the IF/ELSE commands, in order that this stream of actions only occur if Media ISN'T running in the background already, or some other logical workaround. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
    Try:

If0 IsAppRunning MediaCommon;
    Then0;
    *** do your appropriate action here ***
    Else0;
    *** do other appropriate action here ***
    EndIf0;

(in os 6 pictures are 'MediaCommon' - may be different for os 7)

Hope this helps
    broink likes this.
    03-29-12 05:16 PM
    Just bought this app recently and I'm loving it. Obviously I'm new and need some help on setting up macros. This is what I have:

Action: Manage Connections
    Macro: NavMoveDown3;NavClick;ESCKey;Delay4000;Key0000;ENT ERKey;

I'm sure it's wrong as it's not working. I need to turn on bluetooth and escape out to home screen and wait for the pairing with my bluetooth to initiate the passcode prompt, then a manual into of 0000 gets entered and click OK or enter key.

Another one for SMS. When I launch a short cut to Msg_SMS, it takes me to compose sms page but if I want to cancel out of home screen, the virtual keyboard of SCM displays. How do I prevent the keyboard from showing up or close it after I cancel out of SMS page?

Thanks in advance.
    03-30-12 04:30 AM
    Tried this. It types 'Mobile Network' & then for a second 'Host Routing Table' is selected & then the selection disappears and it stops working.

I can't reproduce this problem.

1- What OS do you run (BlackBerry Options > About)?

2- What version of ShortcutMe do you run?

Try this macro (a variant of what Juggalo20 suggested) instead and see if the cursor moves correctly in Mobile Network page:

LaunchAndWait Options;
    *KeyMobile Network;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Delay1000;
    NavMovePlusShiftOn;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavMovePlusNothing;
    Stop;
    03-30-12 10:45 PM
    I tried to search this, but probably no phrasing correctly.

At 11:00 PM I wish phone to change Profiles, but the Profiles are displayed and nothing else happens. I know the Profile Selector works when I trigger it manually, but I am guessing it does not work here because the phone is keyboard locked? I use Easy Lock that does this after the screen goes off.

Is there a solution to this problem?

If the solution is already in the thread, point me to it please!

I know 7.1 is out for my phone and that os can change without regards to any kind of locking, but I am not ready to spend all that time in upgrading.....

Thanks!
    When the device is keypad locked, the BB OS ignores the keyclicks and navigation movements (TrackPad). That means all of simulations done by ShortcutMe for changing Profile is ignored by the BB OS.
    03-30-12 10:50 PM
    Guys am making a hourly system check macro, as i said b4..

now i wana add a hourly chime with it too..

SO how do i get it to run at exactly 00 mins every hour and also how can i use Voice module in bb to say the time? and besides Ding, is there anyway i can specify a sound to be played like a gong?
    Currently, you can schedule shortcut launches at a specific time (hour, minute, day of week), or after a certain period after a device start up, or with intervals (every x minutes). But you can't mix these auto launch methods.
    03-30-12 10:54 PM
    Just bought this app recently and I'm loving it. Obviously I'm new and need some help on setting up macros. This is what I have:

Action: Manage Connections
    Macro: NavMoveDown3;NavClick;ESCKey;Delay4000;Key0000;ENT ERKey;

I'm sure it's wrong as it's not working. I need to turn on bluetooth and escape out to home screen and wait for the pairing with my bluetooth to initiate the passcode prompt, then a manual into of 0000 gets entered and click OK or enter key.

Another one for SMS. When I launch a short cut to Msg_SMS, it takes me to compose sms page but if I want to cancel out of home screen, the virtual keyboard of SCM displays. How do I prevent the keyboard from showing up or close it after I cancel out of SMS page?

Thanks in advance.
    Try
    *Key0000;
    instead of
    Key0000;
    and see if it works.

After opening a Compose SMS page with Msg_SMS, click ESC key twice if you want to cancel sending SMS.
    (SCM needs to stay in the background for the entire time when Compose SMS is open)
    03-30-12 10:57 PM
    7.1.0.284 is the version
    And 5.9.6.0_OS7_T is the shortcutme version. Thanks for all your help & dedication btw.

I can't reproduce this problem.

1- What OS do you run (BlackBerry Options > About)?

2- What version of ShortcutMe do you run?

Try this macro (a variant of what Juggalo20 suggested) instead and see if the cursor moves correctly in Mobile Network page:

LaunchAndWait Options;
    *KeyMobile Network;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Delay1000;
    NavMovePlusShiftOn;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavMovePlusNothing;
    Stop;
    03-31-12 12:40 AM
    Oh PS: After it types 'Mobile Network', no clicking happens & the macro stalls
    03-31-12 07:06 AM
    Gentlemen,

After playing around a little & reading a little more - I realized using "Options" was the problem. So I switched to using "Manage Connections" & it worked out.
    Here are the Macros I've made so far:

3G:

LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown6;
    Delay100;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown4;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;EscKey;EscKey;EscKey;
    Stop;

2G:

NavMoveDown6;
    Delay100;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown4;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    Stop;

3G & 2G:

NavMoveDown6;
    Delay100;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown4;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    MenuItemFromBottom1;
    NavClick;
    Stop;

-

For those who just see this, these macros are for switching to a network type - namely, 2G, 3G & both.

Thanks Vijik & others who have helped me get here.
    fbloise likes this.
    03-31-12 07:35 AM
    I just made a QuickTweet shortcut & here's the macro:
    LaunchAndWait Messages;
    MENUkey;
    MenuItemFromBottom12;
    Delay5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromBottom2;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Stop;

--
    Problem is while it works 50% of the time .. The other 50% of the time, it doesn't pull up 'Messages' app and instead brings up the 'SMS' app & runs the macro on that instead. What gives?

Other than that, I'm just wondering if there's any other logic that can/needs to be added in here.
    Last edited by Varadigm; 03-31-12 at 10:59 AM.
    03-31-12 09:33 AM
    Try
    *Key0000;
    instead of
    Key0000;
    and see if it works.

After opening a Compose SMS page with Msg_SMS, click ESC key twice if you want to cancel sending SMS.
    (SCM needs to stay in the background for the entire time when Compose SMS is open)
    Hi Vijik,

Sorry I said it was working but it isn't really. When I have the delay inbetween the esckey and *key0000, the manage connections page kinda of freezes for the time that was specified in the delay. If it's possible, I need to tick bluetooth and escape out to homepage, then wait for the passcode prompt and enter 0000 and click OK.
    04-01-12 06:41 AM
    I just made a QuickTweet shortcut & here's the macro:
    LaunchAndWait Messages;
    MENUkey;
    MenuItemFromBottom12;
    Delay5;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromBottom2;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Stop;

--
    Problem is while it works 50% of the time .. The other 50% of the time, it doesn't pull up 'Messages' app and instead brings up the 'SMS' app & runs the macro on that instead. What gives?

Other than that, I'm just wondering if there's any other logic that can/needs to be added in here.
    Messages app remembers the last screen it was on before.
    For example if Messages app is on "SMS Messages" (Only showing SMS messages) when you close it or bring another app to foreground, then next time Messages app gets opened, it will open in "SMS Message".

To make sure that your macro runs on the default page of Messages, run "*KeyM;" after opening Messages app:

LaunchAndWait Messages;
    *KeyM;
    MENUkey;
    MenuItemFromBottom12;
    Delay5;
    NavClick;
    Delay 50;
    MenuItemFromBottom2;
    NavClick;
    Delay 50;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;