SO we've got a Hurricane rolling in, so I figured I'd make this for everyone.

Click the pic from your BB to download

This is a scanner feed for Hurricane Watch Net, 14.325Mhz, stream provided by http://www.radioreference.com/.
    From HWN's site: The Hurricane Watch Net consists of a group of licensed Amateur Radio Operators trained and organized to provide essential communications support to the National Hurricane Center during times of Hurricane emergencies. Our primary mission is to disseminate tropical cyclone advisory information to island communities in the Caribbean, Central America, along the Atlantic seaboard of the U.S., and throughout the Gulf of Mexico coastal areas. We also collect observed or measured weather data from amateur radio operators in the storm affected area as well as any post storm damage, and convey that information to the Hurricane Forecasters in the National Hurricane Center via the amateur radio station in the center (WX4NHC).

They begin transmitting when a hurricane is within 300 miles of forecasted landfall. I believe that's tomorrow or Saturday for Irene.

If you'd like to donate to Hurricane Watch Net or me, you can by clicking this picture for them

and this one for me

No one get hurt in this one!
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-25-11 at 07:48 PM.
    08-25-11 07:30 PM
    I've never downloaded or tried to open a .jad file before. After clicking on the photo in the post from my Storm2 browser, I found what looks like an app with an icon just like the photo in my Downloads folder. I selected it and was asked if I'd like to Open or Save it. I selected Open and my music app opened. Seconds ticked away on the status bar and there was a music icon in the middle of the screen, which was otherwise black. What do I need to do to get the hurricane app installed? I'm in Washington, DC, and it looks like the hurricane is heading straight for us. Thanks!
    08-26-11 12:11 AM
    From Hurricane Watch Net:

The Hurricane Watch Net Status: Not Active

The Hurricane Watch Net will activate on Friday Aug. 26 in the evening or Saturday Aug. 27 in the morning.

You did everything right, it's just not streaming yet.
    padamssm and estroh like this.
    08-26-11 12:14 AM
    Thanks, I look forward to it - the app not the hurricane!
    08-26-11 12:25 AM
    Update: according to HWN,
    "The Hurricane Watch Net will activate on Saturday Aug. 27 at 0630 ET / 1030 UTC."
    08-26-11 04:22 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to provide this!

Russ.
    08-26-11 04:28 PM
    Lol, it's nothing compared to SpeedNotes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 04:44 PM
    Cool little app for sure. Will check it out. From the east coast originally so I'm always interested in those storms
    08-26-11 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD