Anyone else receiving a system error message error Id when attempting to purchase anything via paypal in app world?
    08-20-11 02:10 PM
    I had this error and realized that for some reason my paypal login information was changed. Make sure that in appworld the paypal information has not changed.

When you go into appworld click "my world" and bring up the menu, go to "payment options", login with bb I D, then authenticate your paypal by inputing your paypal information. Should be good to go after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 12:43 AM
    I had this error and realized that for some reason my paypal login information was changed. Make sure that in appworld the paypal information has not changed.

When you go into appworld click "my world" and bring up the menu, go to "payment options", login with bb I D, then authenticate your paypal by inputing your paypal information. Should be good to go after that.

This worked perfect for me! Thanks!
    08-26-11 11:07 AM
    On my PlayBook I clicked on "modify settings" even though I had been authenticated, and re-entered my PayPal password...then it would take payment.

Maybe its an odd way of protecting your PayPal account if you haven't used it to purchase an app for awhile on a device.
    11-16-11 06:23 AM
    "Go into App World on your phone. go into my account and payments. Check your id and pass. Mine got changed. I put in the correct info and it works on my Playbook now. Not sure how it got changed for me." from the BB Community forum.
    11-20-11 06:02 PM
    sorry for being a moron, but I cant find modify settings anywhere,
    I just got the playbook, i tried to buy some apps but the the error others described above

On my PlayBook I clicked on "modify settings" even though I had been authenticated, and re-entered my PayPal password...then it would take payment.

Maybe its an odd way of protecting your PayPal account if you haven't used it to purchase an app for awhile on a device.
    12-13-11 09:25 AM
    I reauthenticated on my BB phone and then my Playbook accepted the payments fine.
    02-05-12 11:36 AM

Genius! Thanks you for this. Didn't realise my BB would change the email associated with my paypal for me and not tell me
    02-14-12 01:41 AM
    THANKS. I had this error just now and a google search found this thread and the solution. Well, if helping me spend money is a solution, this provided it!
    06-04-12 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD