New features:

Integration with BlackBerry Commerce Payment Services for Credit Card and PayPal Purchases
    NFC Tag Integration
    Ability to Permanently Delete Apps from My World
    Ability to Re-Install All Apps From My World
    Automatic Find in My World
    SMS Authentication
    Removal of Gifting/Begging and Ringtones

via Berryreview

**looks like doing an App World refresher update isn't available on touch. A hidden search box pops up when you hit show keyboard to do 34(
    Last edited by scuebydue; 09-25-12 at 11:23 AM.
    09-25-12 10:41 AM
    I still have ringtones... Why?
    09-25-12 12:43 PM
    I still have ringtones... Why?
    I have ringtones as well. I do not think it means ringtones are literally gone.

Copy paste from Beta Zone:

Ability to remove ringtones when user receives a gift/beg

It is most likely ringtones from gifting only.
    The Me likes this.
    09-25-12 12:50 PM
    Here is the complete change log:

Top Product Features for BlackBerry App World 4.0 include the following:

Integration with BlackBerry Commerce Payment Services for Credit Card and PayPal Purchases

BlackBerry Commerce is a payment service which manages all credit card and PayPal purchases and transactions made on BlackBerry App World 4.0

NFC Tag Integration

NFC tag integration will allow users to swap applicatons lists

Ability to Permanently Delete Apps from My World

Users are able to permanently delete apps from My World

Ability to Re-Install All Apps From My World

Users will have the ability to re-install all apps from My World

Automatic Find in My World

Automatic Find will allow users to search and find apps more easily in My World

SMS Authentication

Will allow carrier billing to function for certain carriers who switch from WAP to SMS

Ability to remove ringtones when user receives a gift/beg
    09-25-12 12:53 PM
    Important question, if I delete an app I paid for, will I still be able to download it for free?

Oh, and what if I delete (accidentally) a Compliments from BlackBerry App?

Thanks
    Last edited by Theme; 09-25-12 at 01:17 PM.
    09-25-12 01:07 PM
    Important question, if I delete an app I paid for, will I still be able to download it for free?

Oh, and what if I delete (accidentally) a Compliments from BlackBerry App?

Thanks
    If you paid for an app and deleted it from the uninstalled list, you can still re-download it. You have to search for it. It will show the cost of the app when it is in the search list. Click on it and when it shows the app summary it shows r-install option.

I tested this theory for the complimentary apps and I was able to re-install without paying for it.

Edit:

Uninstall and delete at your own risk.
    I tested this theory by deleting items from my uninstalled list and it all worked out for me. If you delete something and you are not able to re-install for free or at all, not my problem.
    Last edited by dustanh; 09-25-12 at 01:31 PM.
    The Me likes this.
    09-25-12 01:28 PM
    If you paid for an app and deleted it from the uninstalled list, you can still re-download it. You have to search for it. It will show the cost of the app when it is in the search list. Click on it and when it shows the app summary it shows r-install option.

I tested this theory for the complimentary apps and I was able to re-install without paying for it.

Edit:

Uninstall and delete at your own risk.
    I tested this theory by deleting items from my uninstalled list and it all worked out for me. If you delete something and you are not able to re-install for free or at all, not my problem.
    So that means the developers of Puzzd effed me over? What I did was download it, installed a new OS, and the whole jazz. Now when I went into app world > my world. Its asking me to pay for that sh!t.....
    09-25-12 03:23 PM
    So that means the developers of Puzzd effed me over? What I did was download it, installed a new OS, and the whole jazz. Now when I went into app world > my world. Its asking me to pay for that sh!t.....
    Not sure about that. Did you download it when they offered it free? Then it had a price? I had that before and when I wiped my Playbook, had to rebuy a few items.
    09-25-12 03:27 PM
    Not sure about that. Did you download it when they offered it free? Then it had a price? I had that before and when I wiped my Playbook, had to rebuy a few items.
    Me too! For Muffin Knight!

I was pissed because I had downloaded it for free and then I had to buy it. So technically, I never got it for free.
    09-25-12 03:52 PM

I was pissed because I had downloaded it for free and then I had to buy it. So technically, I never got it for free.
    Yeah i got PaperPlane and Muffin Knight for free when they were promotional. Then when I wiped, had to pay for both.
    09-25-12 03:54 PM

I got it when it was free as well.

Did you open it to read app description? Does it says re-install or price?
    09-25-12 03:55 PM
    I got it when it was free as well.

Did you open it to read app description? Does it says re-install or price?
    Price. That was months ago. Not that a total of $2 broke me, it was just a "Well Sh*t" moment
    09-25-12 03:57 PM
    Price. That was months ago. Not that a total of $2 broke me, it was just a "Well Sh*t" moment

You didn't happen to change devices did you? Sometimes you need to report PIN change to the specific app developer.

I had to do that for Nobex radio and back in the day when I used Fixmo.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk�
    09-25-12 04:02 PM
    You didn't happen to change devices did you? Sometimes you need to report PIN change to the specific app developer.

Nope. It was the same playbook
    09-25-12 04:21 PM
    Yeah i got PaperPlane and Muffin Knight for free when they were promotional. Then when I wiped, had to pay for both.
    Worst part is I tried to restore my PlayBook Backup (That I had done 10 minutes before wiping) and it never restored, the 15 times I tried restoring it.

WHAT GIVES?
    09-25-12 05:19 PM
    I cannot sign in to Beta Zone now that they have integrated it with Blackberry ID. I get the following message:

Your BlackBerry ID has changed but the email is tied to another account. Please contact [email protected].

I have sent an e-mail to the above address but no response. Anyone else have this problem?
    09-25-12 05:45 PM
    I thought there would of been a new UI in 4.0 since its a big update guess I was wrong nice little updates tho
    09-25-12 06:02 PM
    I cannot sign in to Beta Zone now that they have integrated it with Blackberry ID. I get the following message:

Your BlackBerry ID has changed but the email is tied to another account. Please contact [email protected].

I have sent an e-mail to the above address but no response. Anyone else have this problem?
    Since they made this change you have to first sign in with your original Beat Zone ID and password. After you sign in, it will ask you to then sign in with your BBID and password. The two will be linked and then you will sign in with your BBID only.

Did you go through all these steps?
    09-25-12 06:28 PM

it says reinstall, and then it shows $1.99

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 hybrid - Using CrackBerry Forums app!
    09-25-12 07:05 PM
    Since they made this change you have to first sign in with your original Beat Zone ID and password. After you sign in, it will ask you to then sign in with your BBID and password. The two will be linked and then you will sign in with your BBID only.

Did you go through all these steps?
    Yes, I did. It will not let me sign in with old password for beta zone.
    09-25-12 08:53 PM
    I have downloaded the new App World & restarted my device. When I logged into App World, it said I needed to updated my BB ID did that. Then got told to restart for changes to take effect. Restarted my device, and the same thing happens. Except now it says my update can't be done and that my use of App World may be affected. Then I get the green spinning wheel and PLEASE WAIT. Nothing else can be done in App World and it won't close.

I have deleted App World, gone straight to Beta Zone and redownloaded. No change. I have also deleted, gone to BB Bookmarks in my browser redownloaded the normal version of App World, and then tried Beta Zone again and still the same thing happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Oh, and I did get and insert my keycodes.
    Last edited by Locksheema; 09-26-12 at 02:38 PM.
    09-26-12 01:56 PM

Had the same exact problem, sent an email, and RIM fixed it. They'll straighten it out, if they haven't already.
    09-26-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD