Ok so I can't save an app to Homepage. Option to Save to Clipboard. So where to find Clipboard? This Blackberry android needs a lot of work when you come from OS 10
    10-28-16 11:18 AM
    Clipboard isn't an app or place, it just stores one thing in memory.
    Just like the "clipboard" on a computer, it is just a holding place in memory for using in coping, pasting, and cutting.
    Without clipboard helper apps/programs, the next Save to Clipboard overwrites whatever is currently there.
    In the even the device is shut down or rebooted, clipboard content is removed.

If you are just trying to move an app from out of the App Page(s) to your Home Screen, just Tap & Hold the app icon, then drag it out of the App Page to the edge of the screen, which will then start changing to the other pages. Once you get to the home screen, release the icon.
    How to Add Apps to the Android Tablet Home Screen - dummies
    10-28-16 11:45 AM
    I've done the drag from app thing. I want to save an app from outwith Google Play Store which is an ad saturation Base. I Google an app and want to save it to desktop. Only option is to save to Clipboard. Can't find that. How do I paste to desktop? Easy in OS 10. Blackberry wakeup and feck security, give us what we used to be able to do! Oh why do I bother!! Blackberry is finished
    10-28-16 02:58 PM
    You can't copy an app from Google Play. You can install it from there. In Play, tap the icon of the app you want to open its page, then tap the green Install button. You can close the Play store while it's downloading or browse it for other things. Once the app is downloaded, most will create their own icon on one of your home pages.

By the way, if you want a clipboard on Android that retains multiple entries (like the excellent ClipMan for BB10), try the apps Clip Stack or Clipper+. But I'm not convinced that was what you actually wanted.
    10-28-16 04:07 PM
    So basically you're saying that Google needs access to all my personal info to let me use the phone and Internet services I thought it thought I was paying for exclusively via their network on a one to one basis that I didn't have such doubts on.OS10? Sorry mate , Blackberry android is an unacceptable total I'll thought up cockup. As soon as another OS based on OS 10 appears I'm off
    Mike_ca likes this.
    10-28-16 05:00 PM
    As soon as another OS based on OS 10 appears I'm off
    Don't hold your breath.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    10-28-16 08:09 PM
    So if you don't want to use play to install apps you can "sideload" with http://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/6...551597838.html

But avoid sideloading from fishy webpages, android is the place to catch malware if you are not aware.
    10-28-16 10:55 PM
    So wait, you don't want to use Google Play to install and app? But you use Google to search for an app?

How do you mean you could paste an app to the desktop on BB10 - what is this feature you speak of?

Judging by all your posts here recently, it's clear you do not like android. Why don't you go back to using BB10? It still works.

Android is a different OS to BB10. It is not BB10. Its like using Windows 7 then switching to a Mac and asking why a .exe file won't run, or where is the Start button - I can't access my menus without a start button.

Its a different OS. Get used to it. Don't like it? Go back.
    10-29-16 05:46 PM