Coming from BB10 phones, where BBM is ad-free, I think it should continue to be that way for all BlackBerry Android OS phones, instead of having to pay for a subscription .

What y'all think?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-30-16 06:13 PM
    That'd be nice. I mean, we already get the Hub+ suite for free, might as well lump in BBM.
    Hazo likes this.
    08-30-16 06:17 PM
    Do not know about you guys...the ads in the BBM is really pissing me off.
    08-30-16 07:22 PM
    Do not know about you guys...the ads in the BBM is really pissing me off.
    Outta control!!!
    08-31-16 07:45 AM
    Outta control!!!
    Hey I'm not on android so could you show me where those ads end up? With snapshots?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 08:37 AM
    Yes the ads are a big turnoff

BBM pin 2C1A4833
    08-31-16 10:30 AM
    Agreed. Any BlackBerry phone should be exempt from ads.

PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-31-16 04:25 PM
    I agree. Getting the core BlackBerry apps for free, well integrated out of the box, would be my #1 reason for choosing a BlackBerry Android device.

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    08-31-16 06:02 PM
    No to ads if I bought BlackBerry hardware. They should be pushing the boundaries on ad blocking as part of their security branding.

deadcowboy likes this.
    09-04-16 08:59 AM
    Who cares? The ads have finally pushed me to stop using bbm. I now use signal and will use google allo when it's released.

I used to really like bbm, but it's terrible on android. They can keep it.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    deadcowboy likes this.
    09-04-16 09:56 AM
    The apps are ads themselves. They represent and/or advertise BlackBerry. Build upon that foundation vertically, but don't monetize it more.

BB's druglord policy is already disgusting. Spread the thing freely to build addiction, then cash in later. Bleh...

And no matter if the phones are 'true & branded' BBs or not; as they just Android.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    09-05-16 10:16 PM
    I want it ad free too. There are plenty of ways to have BBM ad free & without going the way WhatsApp is but I will not say it anymore coz there are plenty of trolls here who would go to all lengths to shut me up without any facts but merely saying that I should move to WhatsApp.. Mentioned these suggestions a few times here on this forums and I see that BBM is only using some of them.

09-06-16 12:42 PM
    I can't believe that ads appear on the DTek BBM but not the Priv. How is that even defined? If you own a BlackBerry droid, your BlackBerry apps should be ad free. No subscription required; that's crazy!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by HaberNik; 09-07-16 at 07:37 AM.
    Hazo and deadcowboy like this.
    09-06-16 02:35 PM
    Different kinds of ad hit my Priv's BBM everyday. Really annoying!

Posted via the CrackBerry
    09-06-16 05:10 PM
    I don't believe any BlackBerry app should have Ads. Ads don't make money and only **** off users. BlackBerry is making another mistake and driving away the few users it has left with excessive ads.
    Hazo and deadcowboy like this.
    09-07-16 12:23 AM
    I don't believe any BlackBerry app should have Ads. Ads don't make money and only **** off users. BlackBerry is making another mistake and driving away the few users it has left with excessive ads.
    Ads do make money that's why all Android apps has ads when it is free. Unless it is like WhatsApp, they sell your information for money rather than provide ads in the app.

09-07-16 05:59 AM
    It should absolutely be ad free when on a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 07:38 AM
    I use my Blackberry Priv with Android as my main phone and have an iPhone 5 backup phone. On both devices I installed the BBM and I don't experience any advertisements. Where/how do they show up? In the feeds or as a message?
    09-07-16 02:54 PM
    I use my Blackberry Priv with Android as my main phone and have an iPhone 5 backup phone. On both devices I installed the BBM and I don't experience any advertisements. Where/how do they show up? In the feeds or as a message?
    Now they show up both in the feeds & in the message as well.

09-07-16 05:37 PM
    [QUOTE=John Vieira;12575207]Who cares? The ads have finally pushed me to stop using bbm. I now use signal and will use google allo when it's released.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom[/QUOTE

Pay the. 99 a month. If you want to support BlackBerry and BBM in Android devices that aren't BlackBerry it's a viable option. I pay for it because I switch back and forth from bb10 to Droid so it's just the same on both now

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 09:49 PM
    [QUOTE=TheDutch20;12579602]
    Who cares? The ads have finally pushed me to stop using bbm. I now use signal and will use google allo when it's released.

Pay the. 99 a month. If you want to support BlackBerry and BBM in Android devices that aren't BlackBerry it's a viable option. I pay for it because I switch back and forth from bb10 to Droid so it's just the same on both now

Posted via CB10
    No

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-07-16 11:07 PM
    [QUOTE=TheDutch20;12579602]

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you have not used BBM on Android before judging by what you have said. Keep trolling my friend....

09-08-16 10:39 AM
    Now they show up both in the feeds & in the message as well.

OK, in the feeds. Rarely check those. Luckily no advertisements in my messages, neither on the iPhone nor on the Priv.
    09-08-16 05:02 PM
    My prediction is in 6 months it will be ad-free on Android but there will be ads (and fee-based) for BlackBerry handsets (BBOS and BB10).

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 05:24 PM
    Coming from BB10 phones, where BBM is ad-free, I think it should continue to be that way for all BlackBerry Android OS phones, instead of having to pay for a subscription .

What y'all think?

For BlackBerry handsets of course it should be ad-free.
    09-08-16 05:59 PM
37 12