I wondering what I'm missing, if anything.

When Google Calendar is installed (DTEK50), the productivity tab gives the option when selecting Calendar-->More [Open Calendar] to specify what calendar (Blackberry or Google) you prefer.

However, when opting to 'Open Calendar' through the Hub's 'Upcoming Events' panel one is directed to the Blackberry Calendar with no recourse in specifying a default calendar app.

I can't find a Hub setting to specify the Hub launch Google's calendar directly. Short of deleting the Blackberry Calendar -- not even sure whether that approach would be successful -- is there another way?
    03-07-17 08:04 PM
    Strictly speaking as per your question there is no way that I know to open the google calendar App from the productivity tab.

But if you go into the BlackBerry calendar App > Settings if you make the google calendar the default calendar, when you open the calendar your google calendar should be in the BlackBerry Calendar apps calendar.
    03-07-17 09:01 PM
    Strictly speaking as per your question there is no way that I know to open the google calendar App from the productivity tab.

But if you go into the BlackBerry calendar App > Settings if you make the google calendar the default calendar, when you open the calendar your google calendar should be in the BlackBerry Calendar apps calendar.
    Thanks for your response.

Well, I've just set Google as the default AND it can be directly opened via the productivity tab. What I can't figure out is how to achieve the same result via the hub (which always launches the Blackberry calendar and doesn't provide a choice in selection of default).

I've checked the App settings and the Blackberry calendar has nothing set in the default section.
    03-08-17 01:14 PM
    If you have no need for the BlackBerry Calendar, delete or disable it and see where it gets you.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 01:17 PM
    If you have no need for the BlackBerry Calendar, delete or disable it and see where it gets you.

Posted via CB10
    Well that did it. I couldn't 'uninstall' the Blackberry Calendar as per usual, I could only opt to 'disable' it. After which I was prompted whether I wanted to replace the BB Calendar with the 'factory' supplied app (Yes).

I initially lost the some of the entries but in Google Calendar's settings there was a checkbox corresponding to the BB Calendar's entries: I checked it and all the (BB Cal) entries are now listed in the Google Cal.

Thanks for the help folks.
    03-08-17 08:05 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the BlackBerry Calendar? What's better about Google's calendar?
    03-08-17 08:08 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the BlackBerry Calendar? What's better about Google's calendar?
    The monthly view for a start. Those little ticks on the blackberry calendar monthly view are hard to see even with my glasses on
    Gigolo69 likes this.
    03-09-17 02:59 PM
    I gotta agree with the little ticks and ****. Would like to see some theme options to accommodate the hard to see stuff. Keep in mind my vision is fine. It just could look better. Dark theme with red ticks or something
    03-09-17 07:00 PM
    The interface of either calendar was adequate for my purposes -- my choice wasn't based on the calendars specifically.

Rather, I was very impressed with the voice recognition capabilities of Google Assistant and the ease, speed and accuracy by which it facilitates the dictation of appointments and reminders in the (Google) calendar. It has won me over. If the BlackBerry calendar was as integral to the Assistant's functionality then I it would be a toss up.
    03-09-17 09:06 PM